web analytics

Predicted Newcastle Starting Eleven Against Tottenham

For the second game in a row against a top three side, we don’t think Rafa will make any changes to the team that sensationally beat Manchester City at home 2-1 on Tuesday night.

While we conceded after only 25 seconds our lads dug in and defended very well in that game.

We were also dangerous on the counter-attack, even in the first half.

In the second half, we came more into the game and scored goals through Rondon and Ritchie (penalty) to get the famous win.

That has lifted the spirits of both the players and fans alike and now we have a chance to get our third league win in a row.

Sean Longstaff  with Rafa Benitez
Impressive local lad to get another start today

But a defeat could also deflate the upbeat feel-good feeling on Tyneside at the moment.

None of our injured players are yet fit to play and will be held back for the game at Wolves a week on Monday.

This is the unchanged side we expect Rafa to name today about an hour before the 5:30 pm kickoff time.

Dubravka
Yedlin Schar Lascelles (c) Lejeune Ritchie
Perez Hayden Longstaff Atsu
Rondon

It would be another fabulous win if we can get it at Wembley this afternoon.

It’s possible – if unlikely.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Tottenham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Nicky the ball tosser

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:51 AM

Dubravka
    Yedlin Schar Lascelles (c) Lejeune Barreca
    Perez Hayden Longstaff Ritchie
    Rondon

• Munster Mag

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:55 AM

I don’t think he’ll play barreca, wud be surprised. Just hope that he keeps playing longstaff if his form is good.

• The next Mike Williamson

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:04 AM

Isn’t there another £50m due from the TV money? If I were Ashley, I’d use that to finish paying the bank loan and knock the price down a further £50m. I imagine he had his eye on that money anyway. There may have been some clause to say that £50m had to go to him for the loan even if he was no longer owner.

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:06 AM

Anyone likely to return from injury?

How’s Diame Ki and Shelvey?

How’s the mighty Hos?

• The next Mike Williamson

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:11 AM

Hayden and Longstaff deserve to start. They will be super confident after getting so much praise against Man City. Spurs will be a similar test. Rafa doesn’t seem to rush his new signings in so I’m not sure we’ll see starts for the new boys. I’d love to see Almiron though. It would give everyone a boost. I remember seeing Andy Cole make his full debut for us and he got a hat-trick of tap ins. Would be great if Almiron had the same impact. I haven’t been this excited about a new signing since DeJong, Thauvin or Cabella who looked like Messi on his youtube videos. Shame they were all rubbish for us.

• magscar

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:15 AM

Not so long ago it was

……Ashley won’t sign players unless Rafa signs contract – who blinked first.

Not as many in as I would have liked but clearly a step in right direction and Rafa seemingly getting his way in choices. Can’t imagine Ashley was thinking if transfer record was to be broken Rafa would be prioritising an untried player instead of someone with PL or good European experience.

Opening bid only of course and Rafa will want more definite signs that Ashley is prepared to back him before he will commit.

As I said last week could be a one year deal (if still not convinced that real change is on the horizon).

No need for Rafa to rush having edged transfer window battle and can concentrate on keeping us up.

• jane

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:23 AM

“Isn’t there another £50m due from the TV money? If I were Ashley, I’d use that to finish paying the bank loan and knock the price down a further £50m.”

i would have thought a fair amount of that will be to pay player’s wages.

• Lindisfarne

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:26 AM

Is kick off 12.30?

• jane

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:27 AM

” I haven’t been this excited about a new signing since DeJong, Thauvin or Cabella who looked like Messi on his youtube videos. Shame they were all rubbish for us.”

Almiron is quite unknown, videos can be misleading, Achraf Lazaar’s video is impressive!

• jane

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:28 AM

yes 12.30

• Lindisfarne

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:28 AM

Cardiff v Bournemouth at 5.30pm

• geordietom

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:32 AM

toonluvva…

re: your comment last night @98 … thanks for the info mate …

my gp i asked him to be put on the waiting list for my cataracts his answer was they wont do owt till they get worse…
    i told him how much worse can they get cant see out of my right eye all foggy you know what its like have cataracts yourself …

i live in the midlands must be different here i suppose …

any way thanks for your concern mate …

• jane

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:32 AM

Bournemouth aren’t as good away, they’ve lost their last 6 away league matches.

• Munster Mag

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:32 AM

It’s a couch potato day, hurray. Toon, then rugby, then hurling. So guaranteed to annoy the wife and have a row. Marvellous.

• Just a fan

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Bobby bee
    Won’t skip your posts I quite like them.
    Never seen a league gate of ten thousandin my time.
    Jib might prove me wrong.

• Just a fan

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:34 AM

Lesh
    Yes just joshing.
    If anyone was upset I apologize.

• jane

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Just a fan you were obviously joking about cold and nails. i’m glad you came through it ok.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:45 AM

Lindisfarne

Ireland England at 4:45 is of far more importance than Cardiff Bournemouth!!! 😉

HWTL’s
    COYBIG

• Just a fan

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:46 AM

Yes shouldn’t try to be funny after a pint.
    It doesn’t come over on the page.

• Just a fan

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:53 AM

J p from the rock
    Re woodgate
    I thought I was the only one who didn’t rate him super highly.
    I thought I was losing my marbles.
    Perhaps I still have some sanity left.

• geordietom

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:55 AM

toonfan…

how your toe nail …

• RobLeenio

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:55 AM

If anything today will be more difficult than the City match. They were complacent, Spurs are forewarned and won’t be.

That said or lads should have their tails up after the midweek result and we have a decent record Vs the Spuds. All told it’s a hard one to call and I think the odd goal will win it.

I’ve predicted a win on Ed’s voting buttons so I’ll go for another 2-1 to us. Rondon and Longstaff for us

• geordietom

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:56 AM

oops was supposed to say just a fan @ 21…

• AncientC

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:36 AM

Is there a glitch in the matrix?

• Ron Knee

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Barreca on the bench.

• chancel be a fine thing

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Was just wondering the same thing ancient. Where’s your Tottenham team list?

• chancel be a fine thing

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:40 AM

Newcastle unchanged from city. There you go Ed, your next headline for you.
    smiley face

• firebug666

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:41 AM

?? Tottenham XI: Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lamela, Lucas, Son.

?? Newcastle XI: Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar, Lascelles, Lejeune, Ritchie, Hayden, Longstaff, Atsu, Perez, Rondon.

• toonbrother

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:42 AM

i expect to see barreca come in and show the nufc fans what a competent left wing back looks like

• AncientC

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:43 AM

Tottenham: Lloris (C), Trippier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lamela, Lucas, Son.
    Subs: Gazzaniga, Foyth, Rose, Walker-Peters, Dier, Wanyama, Llorente.

Tottenham midfield looks quite slick. Hayden will put a few knocks on them early I suspect.

• one fine day

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:43 AM

2.1 us rondon brace
    HWTL

• Rotonda heights

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:43 AM

Sorry but if people really didnt rate woodgate then maybe football isnt the game for you.

For a time the guy was top drawer, an absolute rolls royce of a player, hence the move to RM.

Ok injuries and being a big time charlie wrecked him in the end but before that, the silkiest CB Ive ever seen.

• JohnJ

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:44 AM

geordietom

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:32 AM

I had my cataracts done at the RVI in Newcastle (just a stones throw from St James Park) about 5 years ago – It was amazing the difference afterwards I had varifocal specs beforehand & now I only need reading glasses. I no longer need glasses to drive!

You should be a squeky gate with your GP tell him you can’t drive and it affecting your life in so many different ways!

The squeking gate gets the oil!!!

• Dondatta13

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:48 AM

Awww how gutted was Kluivert when he was just told Miggy can’t feature due to vosa issues.

Like a lot of us fans i’d say.

• Just a fan

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:48 AM

Geordie Tom
    It’s growing back on.
    But very very slowly.

• Dondatta13

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:50 AM

Visa*

• JohnJ

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:51 AM

Confirmed team news

Subs: Gazzaniga, Foyth, Rose, Walker-Peters, Dier, Wanyama, Llorente

Newcastle United XI: Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar, Lascelles, Lejeune, Ritchie, Hayden, Longstaff, Atsu, Perez, Rondon

Subs: Woodman, Manquillo, Fernandez, Clark, Barreca, Kenedy, Joselu

• geordietom

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:52 AM

johnj…

i’ll try that you never know might work … so you can read your music sheets now nay prob lmao …

was it you ages ago said you tried singing big river by jimmy nail …

i’ve only done it once as a request bit of a awkward song to do did you find that ??…

• geordietom