web analytics

Pundit Predicts Result Of Interesting Tottenham vs Newcastle Game

Spurs have not been in good form of late and were lucky to beat Watford last time out with two late goals in their 2-1 win at home which is Wembley at the moment.

And Newcastle got the result of the Premier League season on Tuesday night in our shock 2-1 win at home to Manchester City.

That broke City’s 8 game winning streak, and we were the first team to score against them in 630 minutes of football when Salomon Rondon scored the equalizing goal after 66 minutes.

Sky Sports pundit Charlie Nicholas

So there is hope for us today and we would be delighted to get something out of this game.

Here’s what Glaswegian Sky Sports pundit Charlie Nicholas thinks about the game this afternoon:

“It has been a good-news week for Newcastle with a record signing and this should be an interesting game.”

“But with Son coming back and Llorente scoring, that was a massive lift for Spurs and they now have a seven-point gap to fourth place.”

“That is significant with the injuries they have had and I fancy Spurs in this one.”

“Newcastle will sit in with a counterattacking mentality, but Spurs will break them down and I would be surprised if Son does not score again.”

“Spurs came from behind against Watford – they were a bit fortunate to get there.”

“There is a strong personality there, but you can see, they are missing Kane and Alli.”

“Son makes a big difference, but how valuable is that goal going to be for Llorente?”

“But also, Newcastle got stronger defensively at home to Man City.”

“They will sit in and make it awkward – Rondon is a handful.”

“So they have a lot of hard work in front of them and again, it may take them until the last five minutes to win this.”

Prediction: 2-1

We shall see about that.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Tottenham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• ilovetoon8788

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:35 AM

We probably have the best centre halves option in history at the moment, but just how much would woodgate cost in the current market in his prime?

Probably the greatest ever CB we have ever seen. If not for the injuries he would be one of the best cb on this planet.

• Ben Afri

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:36 AM

Excited to see us play for the first time in a while. Keen to see Bareca come on

• Ben Afri

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:39 AM

I think Woodgate would have been worth 100 mil in this market considering how Much Van Dijk cos Liverpool

• The next Mike Williamson

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:43 AM

Imagine Woodgate & Albert together. This is going to get me thinking of my dream-team now.

• The next Mike Williamson

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:47 AM

I don’t know why they bother asking the pundits. You could just copy and paste their answers – “Well I checked the odds at Ladbrokes and Spurs are the favourites so I think they’ll win.” or maybe “Spurs are higher in the league so I think they will win.” I’m a betting man and I wouldn’t bet on Newcastle winning this game (unless the odds are silly), but I wouldn’t bet on Spurs either. If my life was on the game, I’d go Spurs. If it was my money I’d go for a 1-1 draw, Perez to score.

• Blofal

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:53 AM

In regards to the takeover I read I theory that perhaps the club is sold on the condition we are safe from relegation. Nothing can be revealed because non disclosure agreements. This might be why Rafa suddenly shut up about transfers. It might also be why Ashley chose to get the club to take a loan to by players. Just a theory.. but one that gives me hope.

• Just a fan

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:22 AM

I must know nothing about football because I just don’t get this woodgate malarkey
    He was ok but the best ever.not for me.

• BeeGuy

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:31 AM

I like the NUFC central defenders right now. NUFC had Colo, who was very good, but he never had a partner that was a great compliment. The current crop are not the type of defenders that just create more defense by unnecessarily knocking the ball out of play or kicking the ball back to the opposition. They seem to look for a way to move the ball to areas of low pressure if they cannot find a teammate moving forward. Big improvement over Williamson or Steve Taylor.

• JP...from The Rock

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:43 AM

Woodgate is way overrated. He was okay but no way was he one of the best in the world! He just stood out as we have been sorely missing quality at the back for ages. He was better than what we had but that’s about it. I prefer the defense we have nowadays to him anyday. Lejuene, Fernandez, Schar, Lascelles are really good and as a unit are very strong.

• Bambams