web analytics

This Lad Can Fulfill His Football Dreams Under Rafa’s Guidance

Sean Longstaff had another excellent game for Newcastle yesterday at Wembley and this lad is looking better all the time.

We don’t expect him to be dropped when Jonjo Shelvey, Ki, and Mo Diame are fit again – probably before our next game away at Wolves.

The Chronicle is reporting today the 21-year-old old is being monitored by England after his impressive displays this season in a Newcastle shirt.

Sean has been one of our best players in recent games and he shone against Manchester City with their world-class players last Tuesday night.

Sean didn’t look out of place and had a great game including being brought down for the late penalty, which Matt Ritchie dispatched for the 2-1 win.

The North Shields lad was also impressive at Wembley yesterday when we were a little unlucky not to get a point against Spurs.

Sean Longstaff congratulated by Rafa Benitez yesterday

Sean deserves to get an England U21 call-up next month when England play against Poland and Germany at  Bristol and Bournemouth.

We will be surprised if Sean doesn’t get a call-up for the England U21 squad and he should be playing in the U21 European Championships in the summer in San Marino and Italy.

This is what he told Sky Sports in the buildup to yesterday’s game:

“It’s been great to play against the top teams in the world, it can only benefit me.”

“As a 21-year-old lad, from last year watching them on the telly, to this year being up close and personal with them, it’s a little bit surreal.”

“But I think it’s something that I try to take in my stride.”

“Sometimes you do look around and think: ‘How has this happened in such a short space of time’, but I’m loving every second of it.”

“Not for me (I wont get carried away), there are too many people around me who wouldn’t let that happen, it wouldn’t be right for me to get above my station when we’re in the position we’re in.”

“There are enough strong people around me, and particularly in the dressing room that wouldn’t let it happen..”

“As much as it’s going great.”

It seems to us that Sean can reach his football dreams and he can do it at his home town club too under the expert guidance of Rafa Benitez.

Sean is also leading our Man of the Match poll for yesterday’s game.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Tottenham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Bambams

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:25 PM

Must admit I am so pleased with how this lad has taken his chance, just looks like he has been in the first team for years.

• Jib

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:32 PM

Aguero 47 seconds

• Ron Knee

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Slow, Jib!

• Jib

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:34 PM

Aye Ron he’s definitely slowing down
    😛

• Jib

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:41 PM

Arsenal equalise

• Lovem or Hatem

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:46 PM

@ BamBams

Keeping posting the info, if you hear anything new – it is much appreciated by me and others. Maybe Ashley wants to take credit for breaking the transfer record but pass on the costs to potential new owners, thats maybe the reason for the Barclays loan.

I will be interested to see what Ashley says about the takeover – hopefully it comes directly from him in a live interview and not a press release.

• Lovem or Hatem

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:47 PM

Hopefully Longstaff will keep his place – gives a chance for other players to recover from injuries.

• Jib

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:49 PM

Longstaff going to be called up
    for England U21

• Frank pingles come sock

Feb 3, 2019 at 5:19 PM

The biggest hint and clue that no one will buy us until we are mid table / looking safe was when the Ashley interview on sky news

Near the middle bit he says “IF We can continue this form , current form” we can get the deal done

Meaning if we can keep climbing the table the negotiations will be easier / can go ahead.

It turns out we then nosedived into the bottom 3

So I think we need to pick up some more points and hopefully around April see a deal being done

• Bambams

Feb 3, 2019 at 5:21 PM

Lovem or Hatem

If I hear anything mate, and I think they will hear before the press do, I will share it.

Has the announcement about Beardsley been made ?

• Bambams

Feb 3, 2019 at 5:25 PM

Frank

It makes sense what you have just said, Ash would not have a relegation clause so they may have countered it with a ‘safe clause’