web analytics

Almiron Honored To Be At Newcastle – I Am Ready To Play

New signing 24-year-old playmaker Miguel Almiron, Newcastle’s record signing has held a press conference today at the Benton Training grounds as was introduced to the media.

And the smiles from Almiron were there for everybody to see and the Paraguayan says he’s delighted to be at Newcastle United.

He’s been waiting some time for Newcastle to make their move, but finally, on the very last day of the January transfer window, Newcastle signed him for a record £20.5M.

Miguel Almiron – at his press conference today

We don’t want to get carried away, but hopefully, this is a crucial signing for Newcastle and could help to keep Rafa at the club.

This is some of what Miguel has said today:

“It’s great to be here. I’ve been trying to settle in as quickly as possible and getting the formalities over with my visa.”

“I’ve only been able to train by myself and with a couple of teammates, but now it’s about integrating with my new teammates and the squad as quickly as possible.”

“I feel good physically and I am in good shape because of our pre-season in Atlanta has already started and I have been able to get some work done in pre-season.”

“I see this as an honor to be Newcastle’s record signing but I try not to pay too much attention to.”

“It’s secondary to why I am here – I am here to bring something to the squad. My main aim is to settle in and get to know my teammates.

“For some time now the MLS has been improving in how competitive it is. Each year you see more quality players coming into the league and it is a good sign.”

“Similar in England you get a lot of good young players coming to play in the Premier League and it can only be good for both leagues.”

“I am a player who tries to get my team playing around me and to help those teammates each game too.”

“It’s been a hectic week and now I feel settled and happy to be able to train on a daily basis.”

“I have put some decent work in training with my teammates and I feel good in myself.”

“I am settling in with my teammates with tactics and it is up to the manager to see if I can play on Monday at Wolves, but I am ready.”

It will depend on how quickly Miguel integrates into the squad as to whether he will start on Monday night at Wolves.

We should be able to tell after that game just what an impact he can have at the club.

If we win 6-0, he could make a big difference!

🙂

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Beer

I heard Rio was clocked at 88mph when the drug testing team turned up.

• Jib

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:23 PM

I’d be amazed if Miggy is in the starting line up
    on Monday

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:23 PM

There’s a Brute with titanium elbows playing center back for Wolves ..can someone send the FA Prem refs gaffer a heads up ? He’s gonna end someone’s career sometime soon if he’s not sorted.

Jib ?

I recal Ruddick ! On Pedro..and that was a freindly . Wicked Neanderthal .

Wolves I once had a soft spot for, now I think they are scumbags .

• Jib

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:24 PM

I’d be really really amazed if Miggy is in the starting line up
    on Monday

• Jib

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:25 PM

OLG that was in a friendly as well

• Jib

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:28 PM

Razor is an arsehole
    He was on “Can’t pay we’ll take it away”
    a few years back

• Ben Afri

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:31 PM

The boy in me would LOVE to see Miggy in the squadin Monday night’s game. But the pragmatist in me knows that he needs more time to learn what Rafa requires of him and it might not be a good idea to throw him in.

• Rafabomb

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:37 PM

I’ve took a chance miggy be starting so I put £10 on him to start, first scorer and to win 2-1 @170/1..

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:45 PM

Ruddock did Beardsley twice if memory serves

• Dragon64

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:48 PM

anyone no when fat boy is going to give us an update on supposed takeover?????

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:52 PM

Rafa will decide after watching Almiron train whether he starts or is a sub.

If he’s fit as a butcher’s dog and has been flying in training he may give Rafa no choice but to start him.

Who knows, I just hope if it’s the last 30 mins he gets it’s 0-0 when he comes on.

• Mag52

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:07 PM

I’d be surprised if he got any more time on the pitch than Barreca did v Spurs.

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:12 PM

OP

It’s Rud-dick. He plays his image up ..what a tosser .

Is it me or is Danny Dyer a prick of the highest order ?

What an idiot he is . Can’t take him ..acts the hard man.. he would not last half a shift down the pit or the yards up here.

Awful bloke. Ugh !

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:14 PM

Jib

Aye a knaa .

• hibbit

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:15 PM

the lads not played since the 8/12/18, think its 20 mins max for his debut,
    ” hope he’s everything were all hoping for ” good luck to him

• Bambams

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:17 PM

Dragon 64

Ash will probably give the update just as the summer transfer window opens ….We are closer than ever to a ‘ talkover’….

That’s all that appears to happen all ‘ talk ‘ and no ‘ take’ from the buyers.

• hibbit

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:20 PM

Bambams
    to many strings the buyers can’t cut through them.

• DubaiMicky

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:24 PM

Bambams, combover perhaps, never a talkover and even less a takeover.

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:25 PM

Jib

Just thinking ..if wor new found Atalanta fans and North American cousins see us using the Geordie vernacular in print here they will be transfixed by the , what will be new to a lot of them , new language .

I can help as I have a copy of George House and Mike Nevilles “Larn yasell Geordie ” (bless em both ) so can interpretate for wor marras owa the pond leyk.

And a knaa a birrI the lingo mesel leyk. Yi knaa .

• Jib

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:28 PM

Scott Dobson methinks
    and it is Atlanta
    Atalanta is in Italy

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:32 PM

Dear Miguel

If your having trouble with the Geordie lingo then please do get in touch with Julio ..he knows all the swear words as weel .

Like ” Hey Ya bliddy joking ref ! ” or ” That’s wor baal yi twat ! ”

Anyway Have a deco at this marra.

• ToonRich

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:32 PM

I bet pre-season with Atlanta has kept him in good shape, He’s got a footballing brain, it hopefully wont take him long to understand what Rafa wants from him. He’s got to start in my eyes 😉

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:39 PM

Love Bob Mortimer ..and wor Vic .

Does this remind you of anyone ?

Wondering what’s been Happening in the Harrison camp ..is it snowing out Tsunki ?

Wor Bob ? = Tsunki.

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:45 PM

Jib
    Woz me spell cheka.

European.. Atalanta sread Atlanta…evin ah knaa thaat man.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:46 PM

This will be an easy transition for wor Miguel. He’s got very wide feet, he can turn on a sixpence, he’s fit, clever with the ball at his feet. It’s going to be wild and wooly lads…

• GeordieTwo

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:47 PM

And he feeds his parrot Polly Birdy Num Nums. He’s class…

• GeordieTwo

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:49 PM

You lot are in for treats, just like Polly…

• RobLeenio

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:50 PM

Is there a video link to this interview? Did he do it in English? I know someone said he couldn’t speak English very well but I find that hard to believe.

Love that his ‘uncle Diego’ gave an update on the previous thread. Feels like we’ve signed a South American stereotype sometimes 🙂

• RobLeenio

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:54 PM

I bet Julio Geordio had an uncle Diego too…

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:57 PM

Jib

Jib , I hear you are having a dry February…tip off from mate..sent me this WhatsApp video of you in his offdoor. .

?

• RobLeenio

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:03 PM

OLG if Bob Mortimer is Tsunki, does that make Amanda Holden Jail for Ashley?
    😀

• HBA Blood Twister

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:04 PM

Just thought I’d weigh in on the “will Almiron start” debate.

Last January Rafa started Kenedy at the earliest opportunity and he hadn’t played for Chelsea since a League Cup game around six weeks earlier. He played 70 odd minutes at home to Burnley and set up our goal.

Almiron won’t have played for a couple of months by the time of the Wolves game – not much more. He’s also come off the back of a full season (and a successful one). Kenedy had played four or five games in Chelsea’s League Cup run.

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:14 PM

Rob

You might be onto something there !

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:21 PM

By the old way Lads n Lasses Iv not heard anything as Iv not asked , I was pushing but knew when to back off because of one insightful comment. There’s time yet.

Got a feeling in me water that I’m going to hear there were too many hoops to jump through for the buyers.

Hope I’m wrong.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:34 PM

In the States Miguel is referred to as Mandingo, part man part dingo… I leave the rest to your imaginations lads….

• GeordieTwo

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:35 PM

I once saw Miguel dribble a ball through the eye of a needle…

• GeordieTwo

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:37 PM

Miguel is so fast he once scored at both ends of the pitch at the same time….

• GeordieTwo

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:38 PM

And this is how the legend begins…

• Online Guy

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:47 PM

Jib

Are you still flying via Leeds when off to Spain..Yorkshire Airlines ?

• lesh

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:49 PM

Dragon64 @10

AshLie intends to give his takeover (more likely no takeover, ever) update as soon as he’s sure he’ll have the media lined up so he can answer any questions they ask. It’s pencilled in for the 32nd of Octember!