web analytics

Answering Questions For The Wolverhampton Express & Star

Here are some questions I answered for Luke Hatfield of the Wolverhampton Express & Star for the build-up to the game tomorrow night at Molineux.

I see that Luke Kennedy of the Shields Gazette got the same questions – I had no idea about that – but it will be interesting to see how we answered the questions.

Rafa seems confident about the team he now has in place and hopefully, we can move up the table to 15th place from the 17th place we are at the moment if we can get all 3 points tomorrow night.

Nuno Espirito Santo – Wolves’ impressive manager

Here’s Luke Hatfield’s article.

It’s very good.

🙂

How Will Newcastle Fare At Wolves?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• c-dog

Feb 10, 2019 at 11:48 AM

I want to see Muto get a run
    The truth is we don’t know what he can offer yet. Might have something or might be absolutely useless.

• DubaiMicky

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:10 PM

For rafa’s bingo I’m going

Dubravka
    Yedlin Schar Lascelles Lejeune Barreca
    Ritchie Longstaff Diame Almiron/Perez
    Rondon

However I don’t think Rafa will start both the new boys in the same game, so Perez will get the nod over Almiron

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:12 PM

C-dog,
    I wonder if Rafa’s reluctance to play both him and No was because he knew they’d be leaving at a crucial part of the season. They’ve both had a good taste of his methods now and we might start to see more of them both now.

• c-dog

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Jail

You’re speculating

• c-dog

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:16 PM

But you might have a good point

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:15 PM

Firstly, apologies for not replying to anybody yesterday. I wasn’t being ignorant, I had a medical situation. Life and times eh? 🙂
    Martoon, if you’re there today, I think daft lad showed us something yesterday – he ain’t been to a game for decades.
    The demographic of supporters has changed dramatically. It started with all seaters and the PL. Football used to be a working class entertainment, but times, truly have changed.
    In the seventies we were all working class. Ditto eighties and and early nineties..
    Exanple. When I was travelling from Chesterfield for games I found a few others of our persuasion so we shared cars, home and away. Great blokes. We still meet up at games for a natter, but they were a veterinary surgeon, a property developer and an RAF jet fighter navigator. Not exactly the sort of people I used to go with in the seventies and eighties lmfao!
    (For any flat earthers out there, he assures me that at 44k feet., the sky is a very dark blue and the earth’s curvature is plain to see!!) 🙂
    I realised how much things had changed about 15 years ago when walking up to the ground I heard somebody shout “Sebastian! Sebastian! Have you seen Tarquin, I appear to have lost him old chap”!
    Both myself and the lad I was with at the time, a mate from the old days, looked at each other and just collapsed laughing.
    With due respect, somehow, I can’t imagine many Sebastian’s and Tarquin’s frequented the Leazes End in the seventies! 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:21 PM

C-dog,
    Yes, my starting the sentence with I wonder would heavily suggest I was indeed speculating.

• geordietom

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:21 PM

bobby …

know how you feel about medical conditions mate … i like you have medical problems … but we just soldier on …

• Jib

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:21 PM

There was Tarquin Tams and Sebastian Conroy

Ha ha ha

😀

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:34 PM

Jib, yeah, nice one. 🙂 I used to go to games with Danny Tams when I lived in Byker in the mid eighties. Knew Fish as well, but that’s another story. 🙂 Can’t remember Tarquin and Seb though lmao! Yeah, that tickled me. 🙂

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:38 PM

Jib, maybe Sebastian Conroy could be our answer to the Ashley problem? Get pally with him and then… You know the rest. 🙂

• geordietom

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:41 PM

jib …

i think your right mate …lmfao

• hibbit

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Ed new articles aren’t showing up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the repost
    every time i pop on the blog which is not as often as it was, i keep seeing these list of managers bloggers would like if /when Rafa leaves,everyone of them a top manager and everyone of them ambitious or already winners
    why would they even turn up for an interview with a club that has shown so little respect for Rafa and has zero ambition
    the next manager is never going to come off any of these lists and never going to be of the quality of any of the managers named on them

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:53 PM

Tom, yeah, never envisioned this as how my old age would go. I say old, 60 is the new 40 innit? 🙂 Never realised how debilitating osteoporosis was either. We live and learn though.
    Next week is gonna be difficult. Still got a fracture but unless I literally can’t move I go anyway. Game Saturday then Tuesday will really test my resolve 🙂
    See the surgeon this week so hoping she can come up with a solution. Have to book it for the close season though, I’ve missed two games this season through it and I ain’t missing any more coz I’m in hospital. Unless she says I need the op now, I’m sure she’ll understand. Need to do something though, I’ve lost two inches in height due the the spine crumbling! 🙂 Won’t be able to see over the steering wheel at this rate ha ha ha! Bury me in a matchbox though, that’ll save money! 🙂

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:58 PM

Hibbett, couldn’t agree more mate. Who would want the job apart from someone desperate for work and virtually unemployable due to past failures? I can’t see Rodgers leaving Celtic to come here. Why would he?
    I think we’ll get some really interesting interviews, from Rafa once he’s left.

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:09 PM

Jail, I’m hoping he starts both our new lads. If they don’t, he’ll surely give Almiron a run out later on. Let Perez and Atsu tire the defenders a bit, then bring him on. He has got real pace and that terrifies defenders. America or England, that pace transfers squally onto any pitch. Yes, better defenders, but once he’s past one, he can run just as fast with the ball as without it. What an ability to possess. I can’t wait to see him play mate. Enjoy the trip. Shout loud and clear “Ed Harrison’s Black And White Army!!! ” We’ll be listening for ye. 🙂

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:18 PM

C Dog, tbh, from what I’ve seen of Muto mate, he’s got plenty to offer. Never stops running and gets stuck into a tackle. Took his goal at Old Trafford well and I’d like to see more of him.
    People forget, we’ve just got through a difficult period with a team that picked itself because we had no choice! We’ve now got players coming back who can make a big difference. I can see us, being safe comfortably myself as long as everybody behaves and we get no more serious injuries.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:47 PM

I don’t think a draw will be enough to get Catchpole to crawl from under his rock so I’ll settle for that. Be a double bonus if Jiminez isn’t playing as he’s my FF opponent’s captain this week.

• Optimistic Magpie

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:00 PM

It’s simple math really, as Cardiff have somehow been kissed by a prince and woke up, our next three games are so important.
    We need to win all three, starting Monday with the W at Wolves.
    Like at Spurs when the fans sung louder than there home fans we need to get the Toon choir going, I’m taking the day off work to watch the match. Rondon one nil, what a start for Newcastle is the first thing I really want to hear from a commentator.

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:13 PM

Although a win would be preferable, let’s not forget how good Wolves can be. I’ve gone for a win on the pole because I’ll admit to be unashamedly biased towards Newcastle, but if I’m honest, a draw tomorrow followed by two home wins would satisfy me.
    We are capable of beating Wolves, we were very unlucky at Spurs and fully deserved something from the game and Almiron linking up with Rondon might just be the difference. He does produce a lot of assists which, with respect to Perez, is something we’ve been missing lately.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Expect Rafa to diverge from his usual tendency to slowly integrate players and wait a few matches before giving them a start with Almiron.

Atsu has been good, but lacked end product and Almiron gives us extra punch on the break, so I expect him to start in place of Atsu tomorrow. He’s perfect for Rafa’s current system and additionally will have the advantage of a slight element of surprise all new attacking signings have when coming into a new league.

• Just a fan

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Wolves seem to blow hot and cold.
    We have a good defence.
    So hoping for at least a draw

• Just a fan

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:48 PM

People were writing Huddersfield and Cardiff of not long ago
    You can’t write anybody off yet.

• jane

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:49 PM

“In the seventies we were all working class.”

are you still working class? take the test..

i bet you are middle class now 😉

• Optimistic Magpie

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Wolves can be beat at home, if I remember correctly Huddersfield and Palace both beat them at there ground.
    It looks like Wolves away form looks better but I could be mistaken.

Come on the Toon, let’s get cooking!!!

• jane

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:59 PM

Southampton could be in trouble after losing to Cardiff and dropping into the relegation zone.

their next few matches are

Arsenal (A)
    Fulham (H)
    Man Utd (A)
    Spurs (H)
    Watford (A)
    Brighton (A)
    Liverpool (H)

they may still be in the bottom 3 after these matches especially if they don’t beat Fulham.

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:18 PM

Jane, I’m just knackered class now my dear. But my partner is 1st class, top class and Grade A and I’d be lost without her.

• Just a fan

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:19 PM

Sorry Jane if I’m gib I’m part of the gentry

• Just a fan

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM

Although my last job was climbing up chimneys to remove the soot.

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM

Son strikes again. What a player he is.

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:26 PM

Just a fan, seriously, who made the claim that you were Jib? I wouldn’t take any notice of any insults on here mate? You ain’t Jib. You ain’t a mackem – how very dare they – and you ain’t whatever other BS they’ve come out with.
    You’re a very decent poster – although your memory is a bit suspect at times ha ha ha! (just kidding there). 🙂

• JohnJ

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:26 PM

Jane No 24

Did the test:-

I’m Traditional Wordking Class (TWC) 🙂

• DaveD1000

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:36 PM

I blame Jane

Established middle class

• c-dog

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Bobby

Agree on Just a fan. Seems decent. Where jib often frequents along the borders of misogyny, racism and homophobia

• c-dog

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Munster

Are you watching the greatest team in the northern hemisphere?

• headtheball

Feb 10, 2019 at 10:04 PM

Hey JohnJ from Whitley Bay
    One from Wilsons garage and one from the RAF and both still working class after all these years.Do you still go to games or are you an armchair fan like me?
    Keep strummin’