web analytics

Newcastle Defender Expects New Signings To Gel Quickly

One of the Newcastle star players over the last three months has been 27-year-old Swiss International defender Fabian Schar who seems to be improving all the time under the guidance of Rafa Benitez.

He’s been great for us in defense and had another excellent game at Wolves on Monday night in the 1-1 draw.

Fabian is an adaptable player, and he can play center-back, full back, and defensive midfield, so he’s been an excellent buy for Newcastle for a measly £3M from Deportivo last summer.

Fabian Schar – in form Newcastle defender

Fabian is hoping that new players Almiron and Barreca can gel quickly and start producing for Newcastle as soon as possible.

This is what Schar has told the Chronicle:

“Having two new players in the squad is big for us.” “They will gel quickly I think.”

“Like any new player they are welcomed and I am looking forward to them giving us something more.”

“Miguel is with us now and we have seen the goals he scored in the States.” “Hopefully he can do the same here.”

“We have players from different countries here and we know how to help them settle in quickly.”

“We have a lot of Spanish speakers and for Miguel that will be really important.”

“The other players will be able to help him adjust quickly to the life here.”

“What can you say about them (our fans) that hasn’t been said?”

“It is just crazy. They back us all the time wherever we go, and all of our players know exactly how important they are.”

“We have to give them big thanks once again.”

Almiron could be the key, and in his cameo debut appearance on Monday night at Molineux, he looked quick and skillful and hopefully can start to unlock those opposing defenses.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:19 AM

Munster,
    Being accused of having relations with a seal is one thing, Being accused of being a mackem is entirely different.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:29 AM

From NUFC.com.
    “However, the Gazette understands that Diame, signed from Hull City in the summer of 2016 for £4.5million, will trigger a one-year extension to his deal if he plays 25 games for the club this season”
    That’ll be interesting. Does Rafa give him a leaving present or will the three stooge demand he’s benched?

• RobLeenio

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:30 AM

Jail, you having relations with aquatic mammals is more believable than you being a mackem.

Don’t worry, your reputation is intact
    😉

• Jib

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:31 AM

Looks like Lee Ryder , failing all else
    will be showing tomorrows game/kick about
    on periscope.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:32 AM

RobLeenio,
    I bloody well hope so.

• Blaydon-Toon

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:37 AM

Reading the back and forth sniping is it any wonder regular posters decline to comment on here – I have been on this blog for a long time but hardly post anymore … when I first stumbled across it I used to thoroughly enjoy it but just like our great club the sparkle has started to go – As you were !!!

• Nicky the ball tosser

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:41 AM

Speaking of beastiality….at 7mins 45seconds

• Tsunki

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:57 AM

I know it’s way late but just to comment on Munsters raging indignation that the entire population of Great Britain’s descent into the madness of Brexitism has consigned Eire to a plunging depression for many years, perhaps he hasn’t considered said Great Britons don’t actually give a rat’s? 🙂 It’s not like they were on our radar is it ha ha

• Tsunki

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Now before I get mountains of hate blogging from our partners in the Emerald Isle I’d like to say I was only joking. I’d really like to. Ha ha no sorry I’ll stop. 🙂

• Toonces

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Diame has probably earned his extension by virtue of his strong play second half of last season and I doubt his salary is much more than 25k or 30k per week. He could also be a useful player in the Champo next season – whether that is for us or a new club is still TBD. So I wouldn’t worry about it if the extension is triggered. Play him or not based on merit and form and see how it goes.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Toonces,
    Would you be happy for him to get an extension regardless. It’ll be interesting to see how Churnley and co see it.

• lesh

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:07 PM

Tsunki

‘Great Britons don’t actually give a rat’s’? We’ll, maybe if they actually thought about the fact that those who don’t give a rat’s, have been and continue to be manipulated into being Brit equivalents of the thoughtless dullards who support Trump!

Great stuff eh, they’ll be singing Rule Britannia to pass the time in the queue for the soup kitchens while Farage, Rees Mogg, Johnson and the like attend conferences in the Caribbean. Now that’s what I call patriotism!

• the ledge

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:07 PM

• Toonces

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:08 PM

That is the question. He’ll easily be moved off our payroll though, if needed to be away, in the next window. Some championship club will want him for certain.

• the ledge

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:09 PM

Oh Lesh I think I pissed a bit

• barkel

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:12 PM

Tsunki – I fear what you say in jest is in actual fact reality. Without going too much in to politics on here, it seems the brexiters had only thoughts for themselves and I mean that quite literally. With 6 weeks to go there is no real plan in place and very worryingly a total disregard for the Good Friday Agreement which has seen relative peace in the North for the past 20 years.

Now whens the footy back on

• RobLeenio

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:15 PM

I think Diame deserves a new deal, I’ll be very happy to see his current one extended. Useful squad player and on his day absolutely devastating. Anyone that can destroy Pogba to the extent that he’s subbed at half time has to be worth keeping around.

I think this is the first time we’ve heard anything about the conditions for his contract extension, previously it’s just been unspecified.

• Tsunki

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Yes it’s going to be a long break. 🙂

I’m afraid I totally have no truck with all this Brexiteer lark, probably right at the beginning when the portmanteau was first used. As soon as I see anything oslong the lines of a Vlogger is going to hold a Webinar to discuss Swoppertunities I switch off totally 😀

A shame really but there it is. Maybe I should just Chillax. 😐

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:25 PM

The thing is though I don’t think our central midfield of Ki, Shelvey, Diame and Longstaff is good enough. Hayden will be gone and Longstaff is going nowhere so someone has to give to bring in that extra quality and at 31 I think it’ll be Diame, so if that means benching him I think it’ll happen.

• Tsunki

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:31 PM

And no I don’t want to talk politics but a general observation about the Brexit (urrrgghhhh) poll – it was all so ill conceived and badly thought out. It was done for little other reason than to roll it out and get the incumbent PM and his party solidly rooted and had no thought for the outcome as they thought it was a foregone Remain. So nobody thought to inform the voters exactly what they were voting for or what would happen either way. Consequently the idiotic voter base (a person can be intelligent, but a population is generally stupid) went with their idiot gut and thought it was a great idea to get out of Johnny foreigners pocket. And now it’s a complete mess. However, it’s just a political mess, power shuffling, points scoring, party political usual stuff. The economy and all that border stuff will adapt and life will go on eventually after all the screaming stops.

I choose to not get involved. I pay taxes to these people that’s all they are getting. Politics is a power merry go round of same rubbish, different goons. A waste of time. Brexit, Schmexit. 😀

• Tsunki

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:32 PM

Oops forgot to say “footy” in there, my bad.

• Jail for Ashley