web analytics

Almiron Has Been Top Drawer in Training – Will Be Great For Newcastle

Isaac Hayden certainly seems to be an instant fan of our new signing Miguel Almiron.

Isaac says the Paraguayan has been top drawer in training and thinks the 24-year-old will only get better as he gets more games in the Premier League.

Hayden has now trained with Almiron for almost two weeks so he will know all about Almiron’s skills, speed and drive to be successful at Newcastle.

Miguel Almiron – during his debut at Wolves

The former Arsenal player had this to say about our new signing today in the Chronicle:

“It’s difficult because we haven’t really got players who can make the difference by themselves,”

“We’re more a team who works hard and sticks to the game plan and help each other out, stick together, stuff like that.”

“We maybe need someone who is more of a dribbler with some extra pace, they can maybe make the difference.”

“Playing off Ronny [Rondon] too, it will make a massive difference and all the players that can get off him up front will cause damage.”

“He’s been top drawer in training,” “Especially for him, coming from a foreign country – and especially the MLS – it’s a completely different level.”

“For him to come on against Wolves, he was a bit of a live-wire and he showed what he could do.”

“There was a strong tackle put in on him and I turned to him and said: ‘Welcome to English football.'”

“He got up and was just smiling away. You can see in his eyes that he is really enjoying it, all this experience.”

“He will get better and better, and I think he’ll be a great asset to Newcastle.”

“I’d seen a few clips of him on Youtube so we had an inkling of what he was about, but credit to him.”

“He was sticking himself about against Wolves, he digs deep, tracks back and tackles.”

“If he keeps doing that, as well as bring stuff in attack, he’ll be great for this club.”

We expect Miguel to make his starting debut for Newcastle at home tomorrow afternoon against bottom club Huddersfield.

Hopefully, we can get all 3 points in that game and then we face Burnley on Wednesday night – again at St. James’ Park.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Huddersfield Town?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:24 AM

With Chelsea’s situation Rafa will likely not select Kenedy again !

• Jib

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:25 AM

The club may even allow Chelsea to cancel the loan

• DaveD1000

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:38 AM

I wouldn’t be extremely upset if Kenedy went back

• RobLeenio

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:40 AM

dig-n-dig22 from previous, I agree with all you’ve said there, but there’s a caveat…

All things being equal.

This is the Toon we’re talking about and logic goes out the window. Yes, Burnley is the harder game, yes we should roll Hudds over, yes they’ve been struggling for goals even more than us and yes their defence leaks. But we proved vs Man City any team in this league can beat any other.

That said, yes if we can win these two we could be safe by end March and the lads should be well up for it.

I’m looking forward to seeing how Almiron reacts to a roar or two from the Gallowgate. I reckon he’ll grow to love it as the crowd will definitely respond to him when he picks up the ball in space.

• Jib

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:47 AM

• RobLeenio

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:52 AM

😀

• Jib

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:16 AM

• DaveD1000

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Will be interesting to see if Miggy is eased in or full game.

• Diddly

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Just watched a report on sky about Sala. Sad it is but just shows what agents get up to to sell there players. Putting out false stories. I for one don’t take much notice of transfer rumours. Most of it is crap and there to flush out buyers. And to sell papers obviously

• Chancel My MBembaship

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Chelsea’s ban could make Sarri’s position a little more secure. Hard to attract a top manager if they’re going to have their hands tied in the transfer window. They’ll be falling over themselves to get Hazard to stay as well.

• RobLeenio

Feb 22, 2019 at 12:37 PM

Think it’s hilarious that Chelsea have been pinged for their youth recruitment policy. It’s been all kinds of wrong for years, tapping up youngsters at their home town teams then farming them out on loan to average teams (including us) while giving them no chance of playing in their own first team. It’s bad for the players and really bad for the teams they filch them from who have no opportunity to build home-grown teams to compete.

It’s unethical and it stinks. I wonder if Man City and PSG are also on the UEFA / FIFA radar?

• JohnJ

Feb 22, 2019 at 12:46 PM

I’m very much looking forward to Almiron playing for Newcastle – here’s hoping he can make a very big impact on our games!

Regarding an earlier thread:-

I really enjoy a “Bacon and Tomato” Buttie at Wetherspoons and I’m rather partial to a pint of Guinness as well…..

But I loved a pint of McEwan’s Best Scotch when it was was more readily available!

🙂 🙂 🙂

• Jib

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Best Scotch through the week when at work.
    Exhibition at the weekend when you had a
    bit of recovery time.
    😛

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:11 PM

Me
    I would start with the same team that has started the last few games and ease Almiron in after a hour
    At the moment we looked well balanced and are playing some decent football
    Really like the three at the back with Ritchie and Yedlin as half backs
    Only weakness at the moment I think is Atsu who gets into some great positions but always wants to turn back and pass back.
    Also the bench should be interesting – with Muto, Ki back
    Also

• AncientC

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:14 PM

The more I see of Almiron the more he reminds me of Samir Nasri, similar posture on the ball, although Almiron is faster.

It will be interesting to see how Chelsea deal with their lack of firepower upfront for two more transfer windows. They are suitably stocked elsewhere, but don’t seem happy with Morata and Giroud.
    Batshuayi not signing for a rival will be good news for us next season.

• Wayayman

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:19 PM

Playing Huddersfield and Burnley will be a baptism of fire for Almiron. I hope he gets some decent game time as he’s exactly the sort of player that could get some joy against two teams that are well organised but offer little attacking threat compared to the better teams in the division.

Miggy might also be just the player to help us break the crazy record we have of over 160 PL games without having an opposition player sent off against us.

Oh and I’m pretty sure the Burnley game is Tuesday, Ed.

• frankie

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:20 PM

Charlie, I agree on Atsu. Has the knack of getting into great positions but the final ball or shot let’s him down. That’s what you get in players not good enough for the top 6 level. Rafa may take the cautious route with Almiron but I can see him replacing Atsu in this instance. If it had been an away match v better team then no chance but let’s be positive against these please.

• Wayayman

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:22 PM

Ancient, I thought it was a ban on buying new players, not selling? Hudson Odoi must be livid if it’s a ban on all transfers in and out.

• AncientC

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:27 PM

Wayayman, yes, I believe you are correct. But because Chelsea cannot sign players, that means they have to make do with what they have. Morata is out on loan for one more season & Giroud isn’t getting any younger.

I am unsure what the situation with Higuain is, but I doubt they will be able to make the move permanent at the end of the season.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:28 PM

Frankie
    Atsu one of these players that frustrates the backside of me – got ability and pace but lacks something – maybe confidence

• Rob1971

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:49 PM

I reckon Chelsea will appeal against the ban on transfers, that will probably take a while for the decision on the appeal which will mean they will be able to sign players still this summer

• RobLeenio

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:14 PM

84% think we’ll win. Including me. Is that some kind of record positivity for Ed’s votes?

• Just a fan

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:21 PM

I drank exhibition for years 4.2 percent alcohol.
    Drink weak john Smith’s now 3.6 percent.

• Munster Mag

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:28 PM

Jail living in fantasy land again. I tried to turn the blog against rafa? All I ever said was that he was subject to scrutiny and analysis like otjr managers. I thought we were v good re wolves, crap v Cardiff. And said as much after both games. Seems fair enough to me. Poor jail can’t live with that. Jail, for the umpteenth time I want rafa here. Funded. And when ready to retire, to become a DOF and choose his replacement. Is that clear enough? Thick as mince wudnt describe it! 🙂

• Jib

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:30 PM

Bear Grylls blog hero !!!!!

• DaveD1000

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:38 PM

4 other PL clubs being investigated along with Chelski? Who we guessing at?

• Wayayman

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:41 PM

If it’s us, Ashley has already suspended us from buying for most of the last 5 or 6 windows.

• Jib

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:47 PM

The 2 Mancs Arsenal and LPool

• frankie

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Is there a link to other 4 clubs story? On the Best Scotch/ Exhibition chat, they used to be cheapest ( scotch) beers in my youth so sometimes all I could afford. Cant think of anything worse to drink nowadays though.

• DaveD1000

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:54 PM

Jib
    yea that was the easy guess I was going for. It could bugger Arsenal up a bit cant see much damage for the others unless injuries come into play.

• DaveD1000

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:55 PM

Frankie it was The Mail reporting on a Sun story I’ll see if I can find it again

• DaveD1000

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:56 PM

oops prob broke the blog

• RobLeenio

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:01 PM

Everton like to tap up other teams’ youth players – see Lewis Gibson for one close-to-home example. Could be they’re implicated.

Citeh are a cert, probably Man U, possibly Arsenal or Liverpool.

• Jib

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:07 PM

Rob I’d forgotten Everton
    They are probably worse offenders than LPool

• DaveD1000

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:07 PM

• Jib

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Frankie
    Don’t forget that was pre C.A.M.R.A. days
    beggars couldn’t be choosers

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Grand day in the garden tiding up then wor lass called me in
    She was watching Tenable a quiz where you have got to guess the ten answers

Today round one was guess the Premiership Clubs that you have to pay the highest prices for a pie 2017-18 season

So Question which club are the pies the most expensive
    Which club are they the cheapest
    And where were the Toon in the Pie chart