web analytics

Newcastle Manager Finally Reveals Where He Gets His Coaching Advice From

Rafa Benitez is a family man and that’s one reason he wants to be close to his wife Montse and their two daughters Claudia, who was born in Madrid in 1999, and Agata who was born in Valencia in 2002.

When Rafa first arrived at Newcastle on March 11, 2016, he was unable to save us from relegation but his two daughters traveled to watch the away games.

And they were key in getting Rafa to stay on at Newcastle after we were relegated.

They had seen what happened in that final game when we slammed second top Tottenham 5-1 at St. James’ Park and there were flags galore (see photo) and fans pleading with Rafa to stay at Newcastle.

His daughters told their father after that game that he couldn’t leave the Newcastle club and the Geordie fans – they love you too much.

Good advice indeed from his daughters.

Newcastle fans in the final game of 2015-2016 relegation season

This is some of what Rafa said in the lengthy article in the Chronicle last week when he talks a lot about his personal life outside of football:

“The little one gives me advice about tactics.” “Do you know the cartoon books about Asterix and Obelix?”

“The Roman soldiers use the tortoise formation, with shields covering the front, sides and top.”

“She tells me we should do the same, with the ball in the middle, going forward and then attacking!”

“Here is a message on my phone from my daughter, telling me about Instagram, saying ‘listen, you don’t have a clue, you have to do this and that.”

“Do this and you’ll get more followers’.” “She was texting me one hour ago about this.”

“For me, I don’t need more followers, but for her, it seems important!” “It’s important for young people now.”

“We talk about Ant and Dec and she says ‘oh, they’re big Newcastle fans and they talk well about you, so you need to follow them’.”

“I have a Twitter account, @rafabenitezweb, which is attached to the website.”  “I don’t run it myself. Instagram as well.”

“Especially at the beginning I was doing some photos but the photos have to be a square and my daughter was telling me about that.”

“She gives me advice.” “She tells me I have to follow certain people because they’re Newcastle fans.”

“Alan Shearer was easy! Ant and Dec were easy, too!” “I can then tell my social media team, although my team is just one person!”

“She told me, ‘James Bay is a famous singer but also he’s a massive Newcastle fan and he says nice things about you, so follow him’.”

“So I did.”

We are just a couple of hours away from the kickoff with Huddersfield Town – let’s hope the lads can put in another good display and win this game – it’s vitally important.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Huddersfield Town?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

By the way here’s that cartoon Rafa talks about – Asterix Obelix and the Romans.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:25 PM

Optimistic,
    I said can we afford to have 5-10million players on the bench. In Joselu’s case, no we can’t. Doesn’t mean I’d have him on the pitch either!

• Dragon64

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:28 PM

must win game today not taken it for granted just need to stay charm and it will happen 3-0 toon don’t care who scores as long as its a win

• davetoon

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:46 PM

Probably only Brighton and Cardiff in it with us now

• Asi Fish

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:48 PM

Being in work on a Saturday for no additional pay sucks!

Having the game on live TV rules!

The countdown is on………..one hour and then work can eat my dust.

Hoping Miggy starts but don’t think he will. I’m excited for this HWTL

• Pottsclock

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:51 PM

I couldn’t watch Burnley’s style of football every week. Don’t know how the supporters put up with it. Yes, effective so far against Spurs but so one dimensional. Rafa has is critics for style. But Burnley are like this every week. It’s going to be hard for us to break them down.

• Mindshaft

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:51 PM

Burnley going to be a tough game so we definitely need 3 points today

• Mindshaft

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:52 PM

Saying that Spurs look terrible today

• Mindshaft

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:53 PM

As I say that they go and score )))

• Asi Fish

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM

Can’t quite bring myself to route for Spurs!

Is it a tosh game like?

• davetoon

Feb 23, 2019 at 2:01 PM

Hopefully spuds can score a winner

• Mister Tuff

Feb 23, 2019 at 2:02 PM

3 – 0 to the Toon.

Jail – noted the double standards you identified earlier – not just that but the hypocrisy two faced double dealing which goes with it.
    Also jibjanjustafan and his new second in command will post some crap (again) and the blog can have a good laugh at them.

“It’s happening I tell ya, it’s happening I tell ya”

Hahahaha.

• JP...from The Rock

Feb 23, 2019 at 2:11 PM

Yess Miggy starts in place of Atsu! Hope he hits the ground running and can be our Hazard type player in the future.

• JP...from The Rock

Feb 23, 2019 at 2:13 PM

No Muto on the bench instead we have the useless Joselu.

• JP...from The Rock

Feb 23, 2019 at 2:15 PM

So Almiron in for Atsu is the only change and I can’t wait to see what Moggy can do from the start, and at home being roared on by the crowd. Really happy to see Longstaff keeps his place too, very well deserved.

Please be on our game lads we need the win desperately, I don’t care how.