web analytics

Newcastle Must Be Patient Tonight And Not Lose Focus

We expect Fabian Schar to start in a three-man back-line tonight in the crucial game at home to Burnley – a game we can win if we play as well as we did on Saturday to beat the Terriers 2-0.

Rafa had stressed to the players just how important Saturday’s game was – and he will do exactly the same thing about tonight’s’ game.

If we can win tonight, we will go above Burnley in the league and reach 31 points after 28 games and be on our way to survival.

We are at home again, and certainly, the Newcastle fans on Saturday were tremendous and will give the lads the same all-out backing tonight.

Rafa has got what he has asked for – that everybody associated with Newcastle United is behind the team – and Rafa is the glue that is keeping the club together.

Fabian Schar – expected to start tonight

This is what Fabian Scar has said about the game tonight:

“It will be a tough game but we are playing at home and we want to keep the three points here. You never know what’s going to happen, there are still some games to play.”

“We have seen in the past weeks that the teams at the bottom can all win, it is not finished yet so we have to keep working hard and doing things like we did on Saturday.”

“For 45 minutes it was 0-0 and we didn’t score. In this game tonight you have to be patient and not lose focus.”

“You know you want to score and you need to score, and the goal just after half-time was important for us.

“Before the game we spoke a lot about how important this game is.”

“Playing at home against teams that are around you in the table, you have to win.”

“That is why we wanted to win and I am very proud of the team.”

There’s a healthy percentage think we can win this game tonight – let’s hope they are right about that.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Burnley?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Howay The Lads!!

Personal note: I am off now for my quarterly battery of tests to check on my medical condition this afternoon.
I may not be back when the team is announced but hopefully will be back to watch the game – all being well.

• Jib

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:25 PM

All the best with your tests Ed

• Jib

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:27 PM

3 hours 35 mins to KO

• Mister Tuff

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:27 PM

aye good luck Ed.

• Oldgit1

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Ed, hope your tests go ok. Keep your pecker up.

• RobLeenio

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Keep strong Ed, all the best for the tests.

• supermac69

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Got a couple of tickets off me pal for tonight, haven’t been since allardyce was there, only problem is one is a junior ticket and mate who’s Burnley daft is 6’6” lol, needless to say he’s got the bairns ticket, hwtl

• RobLeenio

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Sounds like Schaer thinks he’s playing, no matter what I said about Fernandez maybe getting a shout. He deserves his place, no argument with that, just thought he may get a rest

• Ron Knee

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:31 PM

All the best, Ed.

• Bigjim67

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:32 PM

All the best with the tests Ed.
    Robleenio
    Thanks for clearing that up earlier RE Essex Geordie Bill, and i agree with you, hope he comes back to the blog.

• Bobbybee

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:37 PM

Forgot to check if Ed had moved on. Whoops.

Rob, yeah, she needs to learn to drive. Keeps promising but never gets round to it 🙂

Mart, indeed, like I say, no doubt Bardsley will have something in mind for him. He’s such a horrible player, very anti-football in his outlook. As long as the ref does the right thing and as long as Miggy isn’t injured well be fine.
    How do you handle him? How do you handle any player who can run with the ball as fast as he can without it? You have to time your tackle to perfection because once he’s past you he’s gone. Hard to make plans against that sort of pace and control. I’m really excited about the game tonight. Its been a while since we’ve had a player that genuinely excites the fans. Ben Arfa was the last, but he was very hit and miss, whereas Miggy seems to play at a high level all the time from what I can gather from listening to Atlanta fans. Not expecting him to play as well as Saturday all the time, but his game appears to be based around his skill and pace so not sure what else to expect. A genuinely exciting player we need to protect with a stupid buy out clause and not let someone steal him off us because Ashley has his eye on some other failing high street brand.

Good luck Ed. Thinking of you all the time mate, you do an amazing job.

• Jib

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:37 PM

Oldgit1
    Ed, hope your tests go ok. Keep your pecker up.

A speckled hen pecks
    😛

• BeeGuy

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:38 PM

Won’t be as easy as Huddersfield after the send off, but it is doable.

• Bobbybee

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Super mac, nay worry, nobody checks them anyway. You just put them in the reader and walk past, nobody will know unless some sharp eyed steward knows who usually sits where and that’s normally a junior seat. Very unlikely though! 🙂 Can’t imagine a steward would give one anyway. Why should they really? I envisage a trouble free night for you mate. Enjoy the game and make some noise!!!!

• Mindshaft

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Good luck with the tests Ed

Not sure what to expect tonight, think Dyche might have two players on Miggy after Saturday so hopefully that’ll leave space for others – winnable game and I’m going for 2-0 the toon (fingers crossed)

• DaveD1000

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:44 PM

All the
    Best Ed

• Bobbybee

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:49 PM

Supermac, advise your mate not to jump up if Burnley score. That could cause problems because you don’t know if some pissed up Looney might start trouble. If there is trouble, then they check who sits where and that could cause repercussions for whoever’s lent you the tickets. They sometimes remove away fans from our areas of the ground just to prevent trouble, so be aware.
    A mate of mine nearly lost his ticket lending it to a Spurs fan who couldn’t keep his mouth shut.

• RobLeenio

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:50 PM

My line-up:

Dubravka
    Yedlin, Schaer, Lascelles, Lejeune, Dummett
    Longstaff, Hayden
    Perez, Almiron
    Rondon

Score:

2-1 the Toon.

Scorers:

Rondon and Almiron, consolation for Ashley Barnes who I think is hoping to play for Austria

• Jib

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:51 PM

This fixture last January was Kenedy’s debut for us
    Joselu missed a penalty – it ended up 1 – 1

Tonight I think we’ll win 1 – 2

• Jib

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:53 PM

Barnes’ mothers mother was from Klagenfurt
    That’s a bit tenuous even for FIFA

• Jib

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:55 PM

Sorry Barnes’ dad’s mother

• supermac69

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:55 PM

Don’t worry bobby, he’s been duly warned, and to be honest he’ll be shitting himself anyway lol, but he knows the score and cheers for the advice, been on the scum end in joker park and that was horrific, the hatred coming down the terraces was scary, never again..!

• RobLeenio

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM

Jib, yeah, pretty sure there was an Austrian scout watching him vs Spurs – I think they mentioned it on MotD. Or had I been on the Speckled Hen again?

• Bobbybee

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:01 PM

Supermac, aye, done the Fulwell experience myself. 🙂 They don’t like us, do they? Lmao!

• RobLeenio

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:06 PM

I remember sitting in the home end at Pride Park in the 90s watching the lads in the League Cup. Derby thought they were invincible at home, they’d never been beaten in their brand new stadium. I couldn’t help myself when we scored the winner late on, didn’t cheer but made some kind of noise that made everyone near me turn round. I was with my new girlfriend and she wasn’t happy, but it turns out she was the forgiving type and we were married three years later.

• chicousa

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:08 PM

Good luck with the tests Ed. And then hope your day includes a cracking win for the Toon!

• beermonkey

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:09 PM

rob

i dont think we will see any changes for this match
    i do think there will be 1 or 2 for hammers at the weekend

• Bambams

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:09 PM

Ed

All the very best mate and stay strong – well coming from Walker it’s a given !

• Bobbybee

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:16 PM

Rob, is your lass from Derby then mate? Only ever managed to persuade our lass to come to about five games. She’s never seen us lose and never even seen us concede. Bolton and Wigan away were two. Coventry at home another. Can’t remember the others. The Coventry game was when Pancrate scored that really good goal I think. Thought we’d signed a gem then… Luckily he’s no comparison to Miggy!! 🙂

• RobLeenio

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:17 PM

beer, you could be right – I just chucked one in to not be accused of laziness…
    😉

• RobLeenio

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Bobby, nah mate she’s from Preston Grange and the reason we ended up back up here. We met at Uni down there – both on the Mickleover campus, which used to be the old teacher training college.

We nearly bought a house down there and she panicked and had to run home – she was only ever going to live up here.

I’ve often wondered if it was a coincidence I ended up with a Geordie lass or if something in my subconscious gave me a nudge. Not sure what that could have been…..

• Jib

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:29 PM

Robleenio
    Did you get your taste for Speckled Hen
    at the Robin?

• martoon

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:30 PM

You need to train your wives better. Mine loves football we each have a ST. 😀

• Bobbybee

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:32 PM

Rob, happy endings then mate. If I could’ve handled the travelling to games I would’ve stayed down there probably, but I had to make a choice in the end – stop going or move. I’ve already extended my going to games by seven years so it’s already been worth it – although I’ve no intention of giving up yet. They’ll literally have to carry me out of SJP stiff and cold. 🙂 Hopefully not for many years yet though. Got to see us win something before I go. ( Could live for another hundred years then! Laughing). 🙂

• magscar

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:32 PM

Ed can I add my good wishes with your tests today and that cancer has remained stable. Remarkable that you can keep this site going but I trust you get a lot from doing so and engaging with your fellow fans especially when we are on the up, Best NUFC site without exception!

• Mag52

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:34 PM

Best of luck Ed. We’re all rooting for you.
    HWTL – IRWT.

• mac the jaffrey

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:36 PM

All the best Ed, rooting for you

• Asi Fish

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:38 PM

All the best Ed.

HWTL

• Bobbybee

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:40 PM

Mart, our lass was brought up in a rugby loving home – and she doesn’t even like rugby lol. No complaints though, she’s a diamond and agreed to move up here just so I could go to games. Never argued properly in 24 years either – we just agree to disagree. Never been this skint. Never been in such bad health, but never been happier either, so all’s good. Being lucky in love makes up for everything else .

• geordietom

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:42 PM

Mickleover… 5 mins from house …