web analytics

Predicted Newcastle Team To Start Against Burnley

Rafa Benitez has been talking in the lead-in to the game tonight against Burnley that he may have to make some changes in the side.

But the team is quite young, and we have a feeling Rafa may stay with the same team that did so well against Huddersfield on Saturday.

While it was only 2-0 against a 10 man Huddersfield with a little luck, it could have been a much better win, and we hit the woodwork four times.

So we are going with an unchanged side with Rafa willing to make three early changes in the second half to use his bench if that’s necessary.

Our next game is on Saturday at the Hammers with a late 5:30 pm kickoff time.

Sean Longstaff expected to start again tonight

So here’s the team we think Rafa will start tonight in a 3-4-3 formation.

Dubravka
Schar Lascelles (c) Lejeune
Yedlin Longstaff Hayden Ritchie
Perez Rondon Almiron

What would your team be for tonight?

If Rafa does make changes we could see Ki come in for Hayden in the holding midfield position and Atsu could also get a start.

If we have some luck tonight, we could score some goals, and a fourth successive home win would be just terrific.

Two-thirds of fans think we can win this game.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Burnley?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Feb 26, 2019 at 2:45 PM

Ed slow down man, lol.
    From previous thread.
    Martoon at Dubai Micky@54.

King Pardew is available, should that not read.
    Fu King Pardew is available?

Nice Rafa, let’s get this party started, only thing that’s annoying is, I have to work and wait all day to get home to watch the match, for me that’s 8 hours away.

No blog reading once kickoff starts.

• jakesome

Feb 26, 2019 at 2:52 PM

Where are people getting their acestream links from these days

• Munster Mag

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:03 PM

Jail, in fairness maybe the comparison with Sam was unfair re transfers and development. No issues admitting to being incorrect. In terms of style both are happy to get it forward early though. I don’t have an issue with that, when it works. That said, when we played Everton last year under Sam, the football was pretty identical between the teams. Very English and direct. It’s a work in progress though and when you gave guys who can hit it long like we do, why not. Rafa has recruited very well very cheaply. Nickson is really good it seems and hats off to Charney / Ashley for getting almiron. Maybe the MLS is worth serious scouting investment.

• DubaiMicky

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:04 PM

I don’t use acestream, to full of spyware, I use vip box, https://www.vipbox.live/newcastle-united-fc-vs-burnley-fc-1-live , Go Football, https://gofootballtv.com/livestream/?match=Newcastle%20-%20Burnley and a few others.

• Asi Fish

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:13 PM

The only stream I use is the one to wash my mess tins in.

I use my BFBS Box – it’s like comparing a Nokia burner to a smart phone but it’s all I have.

Looking forward to game tonight. Got a few tins on ice and a good feeling.
    HWTL

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:16 PM

Yes Munster, the difference being is that Allardyce had a team that cost several hundreds of millions to assemble and Rafa had the pretty much the same team as we had in the Championship that night yet you seemed to revel in the fact their football wasn’t that much different. It doesn’t matter how many times you say you want him here and funded, it doesn’t hide the fact that you have stuck the boot in to the guy on every opportunity, your post above is a classic example, as Paully said the other night, I’m not the only one to have picked up on that either.

• Mag :P

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:29 PM

I use ripple.is.

Usually streams premier league games with great quality.

Just search into chrome,

‘Newcastle vs Burnley ripple.is’

And it should come up at the top of the page.

• yogz69

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:31 PM

Domain not recognised for ripple.is

• Mag :P

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:37 PM

Ah is it dodgy?

• geordietom

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:44 PM

Almiron’s agent is saying 2 teams made offers for Miggy …

Arsenal and Southampton …

• geordietom

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:46 PM

#10 but they only wanted loan deals for him …

• martoon

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:52 PM

yogz69 @8 if you search for ripple.is with Google and then follow the link it should work unless you’re sitting behind some kind of security shield/firewall that won’t let you go to the site.

• Bobbybee

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:57 PM

Sat in the car park of Aada in Ashington whilst our lass goes shopping. I don’t do shopping. Rephrase that – shopping is too much for me. 🙂 Take forever if I go. Unload the wheelchair, put it together. Not worth it – she’s quicker on her own and I get to write on here and listen to talk sport.
    Can’t wait for tonight. Much much tougher game. This will show if we’re improving steadily, with them unbeaten for so long and on a high confidence wise. For a bottom of the table clash this has everything so I expect a tough game and nothing like Saturday.
    These are a physical team and Bardsley will no doubt want to hurt Miggy. He’s a horrible player. I just hope the ref doesn’t think he can’t send another player off for an assault on Miggy, just because it happened Saturday. Not asking for special treatment, just that he be allowed to express himself without being hacked down by a player renowned for it. Safest spread bet tonight is yellow card for Bardsley. At least. 🙂 SMB.

• Bobbybee

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:59 PM

We need to insert a 120m smacker release clause in his contract now. Another couple of games like Saturday and the vultures will be swarming around.

• RobLeenio

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:07 PM

Bobby, how do you know we haven’t already done that? It’s not like we’ve been caught out in the past when the vultures have swooped for the likes of Merino, is it?

Oh.

😳

• lesh

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:07 PM

Asi Fish

They’re making you lads use mess tins? Ffs, silver service is more appropriate – especially on a match day!

• martoon

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:08 PM

Bobbybee – It will be interesting to see how Miggy does now he is not such an unknown – no doubt Burnley will have studied him against Huddersfield and have plans to stop him – legally I hope.

• RobLeenio

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:09 PM

Bobby, best place for me when the missus goes shopping is home with my feet up, Speckled Hen in hand

That’s a beer, rather than a euphemism for those with their minds in the gutter.

• geordietom

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:17 PM

bobby …

we want the full S/P tomorrow mate …

• lesh

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:18 PM

RobLeenio

Talking about Speckled Hen, takes me back a few years to an evening when tasting the stuff was oh soo sweet, it went down very easily. As the pints went down, I realised I was slowly sliding down the blackboard I was leaning on. Kerrthump!

Drinkable? Heady? Oh yes, oh yes.

• DubaiMicky

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:19 PM

• geordietom

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:20 PM

ROB… i nearly do you not want to rephrase that at #18…

but you beat me to it do i rephrase the beat it comment as well lmao…

• geordietom

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:21 PM

#22 i nearly said …

• RobLeenio

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Lol tom, yep, don’t mention beating it, please…..

lesh, they sell it in a pub close to me. I remember spending an afternoon watching NUFC followed by an evening watching the 6 Nations and… or was it the other way round? It’s all a bit hazy for some reason….

• Bobbybee

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Rob, yeah, she needs to learn to drive. Keeps promising but never gets round to it 🙂

Mart, indeed, like I say, no doubt Bardsley will have something in mind for him. He’s such a horrible player, very anti-football in his outlook. As long as the ref does the right thing and as long as Miggy isn’t injured well be fine.
    How do you handle him? How do you handle any player who can run with the ball as fast as he can without it? You have to time your tackle to perfection because once he’s past you he’s gone. Hard to make plans against that sort of pace and control. I’m really excited about the game tonight. Its been a while since we’ve had a player that genuinely excites the fans. Ben Arfa was the last, but he was very hit and miss, whereas Miggy seems to play at a high level all the time from what I can gather from listening to Atlanta fans. Not expecting him to play as well as Saturday all the time, but his game appears to be based around his skill and pace so not sure what else to expect. 🙂 A genuinely exciting player we need to protect with a stupid buy out clause and not let someone steal him off us because Ashley has his eye on some other failing high street brand.

• Asi Fish

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:52 PM

Lesh – the RAF are hogging all of the silver service!

I don’t mind roughing it lol.

I really hope we turn up again tonight and play with the same intensity. Completely different game though and I think Rafa will make some slight changes…

• Munster Mag

Feb 26, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Again jail, you have never once highlighted the losds of positive stuff I have said re rafa. That’s why I’ve branded you a liar and continue to do so.