web analytics

Press Conference – Rafa Will Talk About Future Once Newcastle Safe – Praises Longstaff

Rafa Benitez has just given his press conference for the late kickoff game tomorrow afternoon at West Ham.

Newcastle are on an excellent run of four wins and 13 points for the last 18 points played for.

We hope we can get another win tomorrow afternoon at the London Stadium, which would be our 9th of the season.

Rafa Benitez

This is some of what Rafa has said in his press conference today:

” We have the same situation. We’re still not safe or guaranteed to have our Premier League position.”

“We need to concentrate and then we can talk about anything.”

“I think we have to give a lot of credit to the lad (Sean Longstaff nominated for PL PLayer of the Month) , not just for the way he’s playing, but also the way he’s handling the situation.”

“I hope he wins it.””We’re talking about a young player from our system not from the Premier League.”

“He’s played well vs Chelsea and all these teams.”

“I think he has to win it because when you compare him with the other players this is just a young lad.”

“Jonjo will play for the U23s today. He asked to play at Fulham (away tonight at Motspur Park.)”

We must have a decent chance of getting another win tomorrow if we play somewhere near our best form.

How Will Newcastle Fare At West Ham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• RobLeenio

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:57 PM

Fair play to JonJo – most players of his stature would be furious at having to play for the U23s / reserves as they used to be known. He recognises that to get match fitness, he needs to do these things. Good for him and good for Rafa to encourage and allow it.

• Aces-of-Eights

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:57 PM

I’ve got a feeling man city will bid for longstaff in summer. think pep said he played well vs them.
    for striker we should look at cutrone of ac milan. andre silva will also be available. think higuain might be available but only say that cos rafa signed him for napoli i personally dont want him

• barkel

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:05 PM

I would be very surprised with Longstaff going to City in the summer, he has done incredibly well since coming in but he only has only 8 league games played? Massive potential but I’m pretty certain he’ll be playing for us next season.

• JDdubai

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:19 PM

The PLayer of the month is decided by public vote right? Can we not flood the voting to make sure he gets it?

• toon22

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:19 PM

Whoa

Took a while to stomach all the MA lovin today
    Makes you want to retch

Just ordinary fans with typical views lol

It’s never MAs fault

• RobLeenio

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:23 PM

JDdubai, well of course we can

😉

• Mag :P

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:24 PM

As much as I want longstaff to win unfortunately its most likely going to be aguero.

2 hat-tricks in 1 month is very hard to beat as a midfielder.

• toon22

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:27 PM

Wouldnt it be great if for the next 11 years we had MA doing exactly the same as the last 11 years ?
    Milking us of money and running the club on fumes
    Our only excitement being fed the sale lie
    Year after year

Were living the dream here at the toon

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:31 PM

Actually Tonn22 the only person that wants him to stay is sadly you, if he leaves you’ll have nothing to talk about.

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:32 PM

Jail stop being a twisted little bitter idiot again. Bracketing me with catchy is miiiiiiles wide of the mark. Catchy hates rafa. I don’t, I think he is super. Repeat after me thicko…. ‘munster wants rafa here long term funded’. Does catchy say that??

• carltoon

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:33 PM

Good Article in the Times re. Hayden wanting to leave and why.

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:33 PM

Another jail lie…. U said previously I wanted Martin o neill. Wtf???

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:35 PM

You also said I wanted Nigel Pearson!! The only time I said was that was when it looked like rafa wud leave us post relegation. It wasn’t a straight swop. Lies again.

• RobLeenio

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:36 PM

Mag : P yeah, but everybody likes an underdog.

You might be right, but I bet it’s close and between the two of them.

• toon22

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:36 PM

Munster

Its never MAs fault

Lets hope we have another glorious 11 years of him

😉

• toon22

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:38 PM

As people who want to blame Rafa do so to defend MA

Whoever takes over from Rafa will get the same treat meant by the same people for exactly the same reason

Year after year

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:42 PM

As for Huddersfield, I said we were muck, if I recall correctly, and we were for 10 – 15 mins when they had 70%possession. After that we were v good at times and I said same. Either way if I think rafa is making an error with a sub or tactics. I’ll say so. Same way as I’ll praise him. Same way as I travelled a few hundred kilometres to meet him and introduce my kid to him. Do u think catchy wud do that? You are a sad bitter obsessive jail but you keep spewing your bile, and ill enjoy correcting you and enjoy supporting the too and Mr Benitez. Oh, and Mr Ashley and Charney if we get a good player or players. Dies that annoy you too you oddball 🙂

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:44 PM

Toon 22 shut up with your inane boring repetitive crap.

• carltoon

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:44 PM

Has everyone put their vote in for Sean Longstaff player of the month award.

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Frog, who wud want another 11 years of him??

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:48 PM

Cartoon, what was t he gist of the article? Baby etc? I can’t see why they don’t move to newscastle?

• RobLeenio

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:49 PM

carltoon, I’m about to go put in my second via my phone. I’ll be putting in my 3rd and 4th tonight. Of course, I’d never suggest anyone else does the same…..

• ilovetoon8788

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:50 PM

Hayden has been absolutely phenomenal for us recently. definitely the unsung hero of our season.

• Lovem or Hatem

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Put my vote in for Longstaff

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:54 PM

Rob, I see you have now become a lover of the fat man in some people’s eyes?!? There really are some goons on this blog.

• toon22

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:59 PM

Munster

Your defending MA is similar imho

Let’s blame whoever the current manager is

Over and over again

• Lovem or Hatem

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:05 PM

For some people it is either your with us or against us – most situations in life are not that simple

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:06 PM

Well done for joining the goons club froggie

• Moonraker15

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:06 PM

Previous post
    Someone said Ashley has our interest at heart! What a load of crap! Ashley wants all the benefits and kudos of owning an institution like Nufc but doesn’t want it to cost anything.
    Well you can’t have that these days! In the old days the fans didn’t have a voice; we just accepted the odd trophy and watched the club decline! These days club owners have to accept they must invest to stay in the premiership and Ashley has realised it at last; he knows it’s sell up or invest, hence Miggy!

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:09 PM

Love, nuances are list on some here. I love Ashley, honest, he’s great. Bit annoyed with kba though. Their monthly chq is slow this month

• Moonraker15

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:09 PM

Our midfield is so good now cos we have the best central defenders in the league behind them! They are the best we’ve ever had without a doubt. Can anyone name a better defence than them?

• Lovem or Hatem

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:11 PM

I still think that Ashley is planning to sell – that’s why Miggy was bought via a loan.

Hopefully, potential bidders for NUFC are waiting for certainty of premiership football for next season before making an offer.

• Moonraker15

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:15 PM

The current squad is the best for years and the common denominator in recent good squads is a great manager! KK; SBR; RB. Each of these icons has got his way with the owners and success results! I’m very optimistic about the next 5 years under Rafa

• Posh_Geordie

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:19 PM

Just incase finding who to click on his hard for voting for Longstaff 😉

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:21 PM

Just for kicks, check out these quotes out from Munster 😀 no need to look for context like.

Munster Mag
    Mar 1, 2019 at 12:09 PM
    ……I hate rafa.

Munster Mag
    Mar 1, 2019 at 3:09 PM
    …I love Ashley, honest, he’s great.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:21 PM

Munster,
    When did I say you wanted O Neill, you did say you wanted Pearce though and have blamed Rafa for our situation numerous times citing the fourth least expensive squad and third least wage bill should be much higher up the table, cue ramblings of Watford.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:21 PM

*Pearson

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Munster Mag
    Mar 1, 2019 at 2:54 PM
    ….have now become a lover of the fat man in some people’s eyes

Lol 😉

• Moonraker15

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Lovem
    Whether Ashley sells or not I think Rafa is part of our package. The man is a genius in every aspect of club management. Ashley knows he has to keep him and one of the things I do like about him is his loyalty to employees. Can anyone imagine Rafa at another premiership club? It’s unthinkable!