web analytics

Newcastle In Decent Shape – How We Compare To Last Season – Upcoming Games

Even after the defeat at West on Saturday, we are still 2 points ahead of last season’s schedule.

Last season in the 29th game we lost 2-0 at Liverpool but then we started a four-game winning streak so after 33 games we were on 41 points and safe – and we then lost the next four games.

So it was up and down last season.

Let’s hope Sean Longstaff – shown with Rafa Benitez – doesn’t miss many games

We have a better goal difference at the moment than last season too.

Premier League SeasonPlayedWonDrawnLostGFGAGDPointsPosition
2017-201838128183947-84410
2018-201938129174248-64513

And we are still 7 points above the drop zone if you include goal difference and 6 points behind 10th placed Everton if you don’t include goal difference.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
10West Ham38-352
11Watford38-750
12Crystal Palace38-249
13Newcastle38-645
14Bournemouth38-1445
15Burnley38-2240
16Southampton38-2039
17Brighton38-2536
18Cardiff38-3534
19Fulham38-3726
20Huddersfield38-5416

And here are the next six games we have to play.

Sat 09 Mar   Newcastle vs Everton           3:00pm
Sat 16 Mar   Bournemouth vs Newcastle       3:00pm
Mon 01 Apr   Arsenal vs Newcastle           8:00pm
Sat 06 Apr   Newcastle vs Crystal Palace    3:00pm
Fri 12 Apr   Leicester vs Newcastle         8:00pm
Sat 20 Apr   Newcastle vs Southampton       5:30pm

There are at least four games there where we can get a win.

How many points do you think we can take from the next 6 games?

Should Newcastle Sell Shelvey for £20M This Summer?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Optimistic Panda

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:09 PM

I’ve been critical of Shelvey for at least 18 months but I wouldn’t sell him atm.

I’d like to see him in the system we’re playing atm, he hasn’t played much with Rondon hasn’t at all with Almiron. Unless it was a really good offer I wouldn’t consider it, I wouldn’t jump the gun.

• Optimistic Panda

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:09 PM

Having said that I do think he needs to up his game.

• RobLeenio

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:12 PM

12 points from the next 6 games, during which we’ll be undefeated.

Wins vs Everton, Bournemouth, Southampton

Draws vs Arsneal, Palace, Leicester.

That’s 43 points from 35 matches, with 3 games to come.

It’s optimistic, but definitely possible.

• dexter53

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:20 PM

Ive got 2 tickets for The Leazes end for the Everton game on Saturday but cant go. If anyone wants them they can have them for £42 the pair which is what i paid for them.

• Nadeem

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:23 PM

I do started to feel for Munster.He was mostly right about a poster Jail for Ashley.He is a village idiot that pretends to hate Ashley while stirring things in the background.
    We need to get together get rid of him so that he never comes back.
    I have no sympathy for him if u ask me.

• bettyswallocks

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Nice to see EGB make a reappearance. Mr. Fuglslang is conspicuous by his absence so I hope he isn’t huffing again and gone into hiding to lick his wounds.
    Howay Jesper man we need you back!!

• Optimistic Panda

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Hahaha, is this bloke for real?

• RobLeenio

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:36 PM

Veltman, I have had my ups and downs with Jail and he with me, but he is a consistent poster who believes in what he says and stands by it. I find him abrasive at times, but that’s just him and I don’t hold it against him. After all, he’s been on here for donkeys years and has seen many a fly by night like me come and go in that time.

You, on the other hand, rarely contribute anything of note, often appear just to have a pop at another poster and do that little enough.

I don’t think you’ll be rallying many posters to your cause.

• bettyswallocks

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:43 PM

Robleenio…….. Re your ups and downs with Jail. Was it a quick up and down with the lights off or something more meaningful? More detail would be welcomed.

• hibbit

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:44 PM

RobLeenio

Why would any on here rise to a mackem wum’s call to arms ???
    the creature is an idiot of the first order please don’t feed him

• RobLeenio

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:48 PM

Ah, bettys – I couldn’t divulge, what happens on tour and all that…
    😉

hibbit, you’re right, apologies

• Munster Mag

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:58 PM

Nadeem, I’ve no idea if Jail has been slinging barbs at out me. Haven’t been on since yesterday. Not bothered either way. He lies too much and twists my comments continuously. Thus I said I wanted rafa here funded, and to be able to recruit his successor in 10 years when he moves upstairs as a DOF perhaps. Jail decides that I want rafa shoved out to pasture. Its comical really. Anyway don’t worry about me, thick skin. And I know I’m right about most stuff too, and big enough to admit when I’m wrong.

• lochinvar

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:00 PM

Gareth Bale is getting a rough ride at Real Madrid and for not learning some Spanish in 6 years so apparently communicates in gestures.
    That raises some points.

1. Ashley won’t buy him for £60 million so he’ll end up at one of the top six.

2. Bale couldn’t come here as he’d never manage the language skills needed to larn Geordie.

3. Bale communicates with gestures. I do that. Usually towards Ashley if he ever turns up.

• Mindshaft

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:02 PM

Shockingly Catchy, toon et al haven’t made an appearance to slate Rafa etc after a defeat, maybe they’re at a flat earth convention

• Optimistic Panda

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:08 PM

The ego has landed

• Nadeem

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:08 PM

Roblen – I have made my point and it is final.
    If you want to interact with him,that’s up to you.I will just continue to monitor the place so that I will never see him again.
    Over and out…..

• toon22

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:09 PM

I’ve never slated Rafa

You think next time he pretends to sell the club anyone will believe him ?

8th times the charm

• Munster Mag

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:09 PM

Mindshaft I think west ham was all rafa’s fault.

• Mindshaft

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:11 PM

Ahhh I actually think it was West Hams fault, the ball is flat but Rafa believes the ball is round

• Munster Mag

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:11 PM

Only joking, they’re just better than us, more technical players all over. We also looked a bit jaded. Maybe Rafa could have used a fresher team with three or four guys rested but who knows. I had no issue with the team he chose.

• Munster Mag

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:12 PM

It was the dildo brothers’ fault!

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:14 PM

beer,
    You’re dead right but my point is that people are talking about Rafa not getting this if we do that scenario. What we have to understand is that there won’t be a Rafa unless he gets what he wants, no more lies or false promises, he’s had enough of lining Mikey’s pockets and wants more trophies. Ashley can sell Shelvey and give the manager all of the funds, half or nothing but it won’t be to Rafa unless it’s on his terms which we all pretty much know what they are by now.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:17 PM

RobLeeni,
    Cheers,
    I once had to go to a little village of the damned called Seaham to have a stereo fixed and there’s a pub on the high street named after Nadeem, it’s called Oddfellows, it looked rough as foot mind.

• toon22

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:24 PM

You really think Rafa is going to believe a word MA and his goons say ?
    I doubt he would trust him even if he had his promises in some kind of legally binding contract

In my opinion if he don’t sell us he will walk in the summer,can’t blame the guy

• beermonkey

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:32 PM

jail

That’s why I can’t see Rafa staying.up or down Ashley doesn’t need rafa if we go down some1 like warnock will come a oodles track record of promotion
    If stay up well plenty of other managers out there
    If Ashley wanted to invest in the club or let it use its own money it would be sorted by now and I don’t mean rafa and his contract but I mean the improvements that are needed

• bettyswallocks

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:32 PM

The one difference between Ashley and a dildo?
    A dildo’s not a real prick.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:38 PM

beer,
    I’ve said that all along, if he really wanted him to stay there’d have been diggers at the ground starting the founds for the new training centre that was drawn up ages ago, it needs doing regardless of whether Rafa is staying or not, like the players Rafa won’t be taking the new centre with him. It speaks volumes that nothing is being done, we could even mortgage the cost to be put on to new owners, he’s got no intention of investing or selling imo.

• posada

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:46 PM

If you want to sell a football club the last thing you do is put it up for sale.
    If you do all you get is crap offers from Pooper Scoopers on the make.

If someone wants to buy a Prem club they know what their options are. 3 billion if you want Man U.
    1.5 to 2 billion if you want Arsenal.

Or if you are prepared to move to the unfashionable North you could get NUFC for the bargain price of 300M.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:53 PM

posada,
    Are you really getting NUFC for 300M or just the carcass that is left???

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:00 PM

10M a year in merchandise oh oh. 9.5M a year in pies and lager oh oh. Gawd knows what he wants with the advertising. Even merch and catering is 20M a year after 15 years there’s the price of the club right there, he’s got us over a barrel.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:00 PM

I think he deliberately caused a stand off between us so the rest of the country might be on his side when it comes to footin us right over.

• beermonkey

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:02 PM

Jail
    If he did want to sell it make us a better prospect I if the facilities are sorted it will also up the price to around what has been invested

I will be very surprised if rafa stays

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:06 PM

beer,
    I too will be very surprised if he stays, nobody will blame him when he goes and his stock will be very high, Ashley will be left staring at the ashes, unfortunately he’s so filthy rich he doesn’t care 🙁

• hibbit

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:10 PM

Jail
    that definitely seems to be the problem

prospective buyers do due diligence at substantial cost to themselves whilst already knowing ashLIE’S asking price look at the books and either bid a lot less or walk away,whats in the books that has them so frightened, you just have to look at the damage he’s done to ranger which he didn’t even own, to have some kind of idea of the minefield he’ll be leaving behind for any prospective buyers !!!!!!!

• toon22

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Which is why the HMRC and that court case in Dubai are a good thing for us

These things might shift the guy,as he won’t sell while he is making money

• posada

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:27 PM

Buyers will know what they are getting for the price.
    Something is hidden in the books ? Well god knows what if that is the case.

We stay up as I think we will. Great, but just more of the same next year.
    Exit the cups as early as possible. Take until January to get going and stay up with 38 points.

One year it won’t work and we will be relegated.

• posada

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:28 PM

I have to say football is a dirty business. Whatever NUFC was up to I doubt very much if they weren’t all at it.

• chicousa

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:29 PM

EGBill
    Glad you broke your blog posting “fast”! Missed you mate!

bettyswallocks @26
    Nice one! 😀
    Also thumbs up on the new avatar!

• DubaiMicky

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:34 PM

toon22, forget about a court case here, they could well get a verdict but so what, it means nothing elsewhere. HMRC is a maybe, but an extradition here? Not a cat in hells chance.

• toon22

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:40 PM

There is a treaty between the two countries
    And people have been extradited

And it has made MA squirm so you never know