web analytics

Peter Beardsley Finally Leaves Newcastle – Events Still Shrouded In Mystery

Newcastle United have issued a short statement on Peter Beardsley and that he has left his position as the Newcastle U23 coach.

Newcastle have been silent on Beardsley for too long after former midfielder Yasin Ben El-Mhanni lodged a formal complaint against Beardsley in January of last year.

Peter was put on leave after an investigation by the club into racism and bullying allegations.

But there has been no public statement by Newcastle about the results of that investigation.

The 58-year-old has “categorically denied the allegations”.

This is the short, succinct statement issued by the club today:

Newcastle United can confirm that Peter Beardsley is no longer employed by the club.

We are grateful for the contribution Peter has given over the years as a player, coach and ambassador and we wish him well for the future.

The club will make no further comment at this time.

And Beardsley has issued a statement through his lawyers:

“I have always honored my contractual obligations of confidentiality to the Club and maintained my silence, which has in itself been very difficult.”

“I am incredibly grateful for the tremendous support I have received and I look forward to the future.”

And so it all ends for Beardsley at Newcastle shrouded in some mystery.

• Tsunki

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:00 PM

OR, Rob – it could be that the cap wringing sycophants and simperers who say there’s no real harm in being a devious multiple and it’s all good fun for mischief makers to play on the emotions of fans by shouting about great news that just isn’t going to happen are the real problem. They allow, no encourage, these time wasters and trouble causers to flourish.

It’s another valid point of view isn’t it?

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:01 PM

Munster, ye getting paranoid mate! 🙂 I was just basically backing you up and reiterating Rafa’s idea of a project.
    No agenda Mr T, I think a lot just don’t care if he posted as Jeff from Benwell years ago or not. Why does it matter now, years later? I just skip past people I can’t be arsed with, without reading what they’ve written. I don’t understand the fuss tbh. Just ignore them. Move on to the next post.

• Munster Mag

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:01 PM

Really poorly handled by the club.

• toon22

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:04 PM

Hiya JEFF

Have we been sold yet?

LoL

• Munster Mag

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:05 PM

No paranoid Bobby honest. Just want rafa to get a fair budget. I thought he wud last summer. Surely he will now, after more sky bucks? Oh sorry, I forgot, I hate the manager and I wanted to turn the blog against him en masse. Apparently :). Agree re names etc. I cudnt dare if job had 10 personas

• RobLeenio

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:09 PM

Tsunki, if that’s how you view life in general and this blog in particular, then I feel bad for you.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:13 PM

I think it’s been pretty well established that as far as inside information goes, NOBODY on here has any. None. So if somebody claims they do, chances are it’s BS. Even if they did, nobody would really believe it until it came from the club itself.
    The club is currently off the market – if it was ever on it – unless somebody comes along with exactly what Ashley wants. That’s unlikely to happen any time soon.
    If certain people think they can get a rise from others, then they’ll likely try to from time to time. Best advice is ignore them.

• RUNAWAY777

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:22 PM

Little shit probably didn’t like something Beardsley said to him and made it bigger then it was where is this so called player now .

• lesh

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:50 PM

Beardsley’s quote (“The time is now right for me to seek a new challenge and I wish the players all the best and the supporters the success they deserve.”) highlights the conspicuous absence of any reference to success for Newcastle United.

Beardo’s legals’ll have drafted his statement so they must see a reason for not mentioning the club.

Anyway, it’s water under the bridge and the fact is he’s left – there’s no specific reason given – and he should be remembers for the good football he brought to Newcastle United. Best of luck Peter.

Beardsley was a particular favourite of Dr Ed’s and he must feel disappointed that such a fine player’s time at the club ended the way it did. That’s life.

• Mindshaft

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:51 PM

Great player for the toon, not so great as coach ( in fact pretty much useless).
    @runaway – weird no other players or staff came out and defended him, anyway water under the bridge now

• Munster Mag

Mar 6, 2019 at 6:18 PM

I don’t think this kid was the only one who objected to Beardsley. Zero players supported their coach. I have no doubt there was no smoke without fire. The club didn’t nothing to promote any kind of decent image here, except one of a club that sticks its head in the ground.

• Bambams

Mar 7, 2019 at 8:40 AM

Beardsley was disliked massively within the training ground.

Youngins are now really enjoying their training with Dawson

• mfw13

Mar 7, 2019 at 9:22 PM

It’s a shame things ended this way….he’s the player who made me decide to become a Newcastle supporter back in the 90’s…