web analytics

Plaudits Go Out To These Three Newcastle Players

Three of Newcastle’s senior players Sean Longstaff, Jonjo Shelvey and Paul Dummett were at Morpeth last night to cheer on the U23 team.

Sean was on crutches with his knee injury and will be visiting a specialist today.

Unfortunately, we were beaten 2-0 and Morpeth Town have reached the final of the Northumberland Senior Cup final to be played at St. James’ Park.

Morpeth AFC showed some real class after the game – a massive win for them – by thanking the Newcastle senior players for attending the game.

The three players were happy to be photographed with the Morpeth Town fans.

That’s a big thing, especially for youngsters and the three players have received plaudits from Morpeth Town AFC for traveling to the game last night.

Well done lads!!

• RobLeenio

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:19 AM

Good on the lads, great to see them getting involved in the wider community.

For any that missed it, there’s a good interview with Sean Longstaff in yesterday’s Mail (I know)

• lesh

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:36 AM

Online threw out his code asking Jib whether the reported buyer he knows about is the same as OLG’s name – The Who plus G.

After many hours of thought, I’ve cracked it – the mystery buyer’s Tommy Gibb!

Come on Jib, c’mon OLG, yes or no?

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:39 AM

I’m the mystery buyer. Problem is I’m £300m short.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:41 AM

I think Jib was simply having a laugh. Read it with a smile on your face and it looks totally different then if you take it seriously.
    Not sure what OLG was doing though! 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:43 AM

Personally I don’t think letting on a sale is happening is a bit of fun, I think it’s bang out of order and if it’s blatantly made up then it’s bang out of order and a sad attempt at gaining attention.

• geordietom

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:44 AM

told you its a chinese consortium …

its Mr Wong’s all you can eat Restaraunt from Benidorm …

• geordietom

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:45 AM

#6 Restaurant…

• lesh

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:46 AM

Bobby

Check your shoes, you might’ve put the £300m in there so you don’t lose it. Or… check the washer!

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:46 AM

Yes bobby it was footin hilarious, I bet all those with a tendency to spit coffee all over their laptops are in pc world now as we speak and those that lmao are queuing in the rectal clinic.

• hibbit

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:49 AM

Bobbybee
    that’s how you’ve got a bad back, you put under the mattress 😉

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:53 AM

Jail, ffs, how would jib know? Eh? How would jib know wtf is going on behind closed doors? If you took that seriously then more fool you. Nobody even knows who the other parties are, let alone if they bid. Seriously, people need to lighten up a bit. As soon as I read it I knew he was joking because NOBODY on here has a scooby doo what goes on inside NUFC.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:55 AM

Hibbett – the mattress! Of course… Oh sheet. Got a new one. Anyone know which tip I’ll find it on? 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:57 AM

Bobby,
    He’s claiming to be in the know about the Almiron deal today.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:59 AM

Took me ages to save £300m as well. No wonder all the workers at the recycling place handed in their notice.
    Right, plan B…

• geordietom

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:59 AM

curmudgeon noun
    cur·?mud·?geon | \ (?)k?r-?m?-j?n \
    Definition of curmudgeon
    1 : a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man
    2 archaic : MISER

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:04 AM

It’s jib. His sense of humour stretches to making comments people bite on. A lot of what he says is tongue in cheek. A lot is a wind up. He gets people on his hook, plays for a while, then let’s them go. Don’t take what he says so seriously. Sometimes his sense of humour goes ott, but if you stop and ask yourself ‘how would he know that’? Then you know when he’s joking.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:04 AM

geordietom,
    You still queuing in the rectal clinic 😀

• martoon

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:06 AM

Jail – Your problem is you see everything as Black or White (no pun intended) with no grey bits in between – You’re either pro Rafa or anti-Rafa, hate Ashley or love Ashley, the takeover is definitely happening or definitely not. Unfortunately the world is not like that most people are not at the extreme ends but somewhere between which is why we are not offended if somebody says the takeover is happening and then surprise, surprise it doesn’t!

• geordietom

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:08 AM

jail …

na mate think my comment best describes you …

as you allways put people down never seem happy about owt if i’am honest…

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:13 AM

geordietom,
    I was happy when we beat Burnley the other night. I was not happy when we got beat off West Ham.

• hibbit

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:15 AM

don’t know were it’s coming from but it’s not just jib saying it !!!!!!!

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:21 AM

hibbit,
    If it’s on twitter then you know to take it with a pinch of salt. We’re a community of sorts on here who’ve known each other in a way for years, I think we’ve a duty not to bullshit each other, if you’ve heard something on Twitter say so rather than making out you’ve got special information.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:22 AM

Right, the fakeover never was going to happen. First, second, third or fourth party. Kenyon was the only name we got. The rest are probably made up by Ashley, like everything else.
    So when people say ‘he’s dumped Kenyon because the fourth party have had a bid accepted…’ it’s a joke. 🙂 Extremely tongue in cheek. Let’s move on from it now.
    As for OLG I can only assume he too was joking.
    Anyone who uses multiple accounts is either a WUM or genuinely mentally ill. Either way, best ignored. As in, not to be taken seriously. That said, I don’t personally think Jib is Jane. Or vice versa. And frankly, I don’t care either way. 🙂 If any of you are using multiple accounts, you need to seek professional help.
    We did, didn’t we? Oh yeah, we did. 🙂

• hibbit

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:29 AM

Jail for Ashley

don’t do twitter, its people i sit next to in the ground all saying/asking the same questions as the folk on here, but all coming from different directions, somebody is firing the fans up with this crap once again

• bettyswallocks

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:31 AM

There is nothing wrong with passing on gossip or info. if it is genuinely that , from a source that could turn out to be reliable. Hiding that source’s identity and teasing the blog about it with a serious of cryptic clues is not fair and creates frustration and mistrust.
    Jib and OLG now appearing to have the same source is hard to bear particularly as Jib has been exposed as a liar on numerous occasions.
    When Bambams had some info. he was very open and transparent and came across as very credible even though his info. didn’t materialise. Jib on the other hand would tell a lie when the truth would do.

• Sav

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:43 AM

For the benefit of Lee Ryder etc. can I just point out that ‘Dressing Rooms’ is for theatres and music halls.
    ‘Changing Rooms’ is for football clubs and other sporting venues. Thank you.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:55 AM

Well, I’m in the waiting room – neither dressing or changing room – at the Wansbeck Hospital waiting to see another expert. Oh, hang on, he’s called Dr Jib…. Mmm. (He’s not really…) Second medical appt today. First one was a needle up the jacksie, this is just a yearly check up I think.
    Back here Saturday straight after the match for an MRI scan. Don’t I Iive an exciting life eh? 🙂

• martoon

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Sav @26 – I’m not so sure about that – when a manager is struggling people say “he has lot the dressing room” – I’ve never heard anybody say “he has lost the changing room”!

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:02 PM

martoon,
    Excellent point!!

• martoon

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Bobby – Hope everything goes well – though I have to say I think you’re being a tad optimistic if you think you can leave the match, fight through match day traffic and make a scan for, I think you said, 6.10pm & Wansbeck – you might have to miss the end of the game but as we’ll be winning 5 – 0 by then it should be no problem 😀

• bettyswallocks

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:17 PM

On the takeover, I think maybe the journos were publishing a story that the takeover had collapsed and the club is now off the market to try and provoke a response from the club or Ashley to either refute or confirm the story.
    The fact that there has been no statement from Fatboy or the club would suggest that there maybe some sort of activity going on behind the scenes. Whether or not it amounts to anything is another matter.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:38 PM

Martoon, no, done two dry runs and made it comfortably. I’m loaded up, with the wheelchair in the car by 5.15 at the latest. Then I go up the coast road and it only takes 35 minutes. Our lass is meeting me there so I know I can do it on time.
    Most of the traffic actually goes south and those going north tend to use the A1M, so the coast road to Silverlink and then A19 and A189. Surprising how clear it is mate.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:41 PM

Two dry runs, that is bloody meticulous 😀

• RobLeenio

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:45 PM

I think the detail of Jib’s note was interesting. He didn’t just say that there were interested parties in talks, he said that a period of exclusivity had been entered. This is very specific, essentially it means that a broad agreement on club valuation has been agreed, just the details of the deal remain.

If this is true, it’s huge. If it’s not true then it’s something that will be noticeable by its absence in a month or two (my estimates of timescales yesterday were wrong).

Assuming it’s true for a second, obviously there is still massive scope for a deal to fall through but it would represent far greater progress than any other potential deal has ever made.

It would also explain a potential switch of target by the Kenyon consortium who would find themselves out of the running for NUFC.

Obviously this is purely speculation based on what has been said, please don’t anyone take it as gospel.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Ffs, just been told something in my blood wasn’t right and that I was sent a letter telling me to get my bloods checked – in September 2017! Well, I didn’t get that letter and as the doctor didn’t call me up, I’m assuming she didn’t either. Now I’m sat at home waiting for a callback off my doctor so I can arrange an emergency blood test – one I should have had 18 months ago. Wtf?

• Optimistic Panda

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:48 PM

IF is the biggest word in football.

• carltoon

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:49 PM

See Club have posted a statement on Beardsley. Thanking him for his services. One sentence. No further statement to come. I think he warranted a bit more than that.

• Munster Mag

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Yawn, Jail i’m not sure exactly what Jib said but he probably read something in the Spanish media that sounded likely re almiron. Either way he was correct surely? The takeover bit can be taken with a pinch of salt. If we get bought it will probably happen quietly and quickly.

• RobLeenio

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:52 PM

There’s an official NUFC statement saying “Peter Beardsley is no longer employed by the club”. No indication of what the outcome of the enquiry was. Presumably they’ve just let his contract run down to avoid having to make a decision.

• The next Mike Williamson

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:54 PM

I’m sticking with my theory that bidders will be waiting until after Brexit to get a good deal. I doubt they’re waiting until we are safe or else they would have bid early in the season. The fact Ashley hasn’t said anything gives us a little bit hope one of the other bidders is still lurking in the shadows. I’ll not hold my breath though. I’m resigned to Ashley, anything else will (or might) be a bonus. If we can keep BEnitez and give him what the club generates & improve our academy that will do for me. Bit by bit we are putting a team together.