web analytics

Player Clarifies Why Benitez Is So Important To Newcastle

Spanish U21 International Ayoze has had a new lease on life since Miguel Almiron arrived on the scene last month.

And it seems Ayoze along with Salomon Rondon have a good understanding already with the 25-year-old Paraguayan International.

Indeed, we are more dangerous up front than we were – even though we were blunted by West Ham on Saturday in the 2-0 loss at the London Stadium.

Perez has joined the chorus of calls for Rafa to be signed up long-term as manager of the club.

Rafa Benitez talks to compatriot Ayoze Perez

This is what Ayoze Perez has said about Rafa in the Chronicle today:

“He’s been really important for us.”

“He has done a lot for Newcastle and we have to be thankful that we have got him, after what he has done for the club.”

“Obviously, he is a part of what we are doing here.” “Last season we finished 10th – that means something.”

“Hopefully we can do the same this season as he is doing a great job.”

“He always stays calm and obviously we have to look after him.”

“Having Rafa as a manager is very important and if you have Rafa on the bench things are going to go well.”

Rafa will not entertain talks with Ashley and Charnley until Newcastle are safe, but that could be soon if we can get a couple of wins under our belt.

Rafa wants to stay on Tyneside, but he also wants cast-iron assurances from Ashley on transfer funding, a simpler and quicker transfer process, improvements to the training grounds and investments in the Youth Academy.

These are assurances Rafa needs from the owner to make Newcastle into a top club and a team to match.

Why wouldn’t Ashley support that – it’s not that Rafa is unreasonable in his demands?

• lochinvar

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:15 PM

Bad Frog day

Adverts for Freddo bars, the Cadbury chocolate frog, have been banned for breaking rules on marketing junk food to children.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:22 PM

Munster, well, you’d like to think he’d get more money this time, if he’s still here. Unless he hears the right noises out of Ashley though, he’ll be gone – and as much as I want him here, I wouldn’t blame him.
    There’s no doubt the money’s there mate, it’s whether Ashley wants to spend it or not and whether he’ll allow Rafa to decide how it gets, spent.
    Seems that he didn’t want Barecca, so why was he brought here? There’s a classic example of Ashley & Co not listening. Looks like he’s no intention of playing him either! So Ashley is paying a loan fee and wages to someone who won’t wear the shirt in anger. Gross stupidity and a waste of money.

• Ron Knee

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:25 PM

BBC Sport news correspondent Richard Conway:

Beardsley has been suspended on full pay by Newcastle for more than a year.

But this short statement by the club to mark his departure leaves many questions unanswered.

An internal inquiry has supposedly taken place but there’s no word on what it found or whether the claims of racism and bully were substantiated.

No word either on any pay-off for Beardsley or whether he has effectively been dismissed.

Serious allegations about his conduct therefore still hang over him.

And as for the alleged victims? They too have gone unmentioned.

• RobLeenio

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:28 PM

Bobby, I don’t think Barreca was Rafa’s first choice, but I don’t think it was Ashley’s fault this time. I think the lad who came and failed his medical (Lukaku’s brother) was Rafa’s 1st choice and while we can blame Ashley for many things, failing a player’s medical after the deal is done surely isn’t one of them.

I know I said different to this after the signing was completed, but I think the way Rafa has failed to play Barreca proves I was wrong then.

• bettyswallocks

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:40 PM

The Jib debate will always be prevalent on this blog as he is an integral member and being that he probably submits the most posts on here his contributions will always be scrutinised and commented on.
    I have always accepted that he is part and parcel of this forum and if he is or isn’t Jane I never really cared. I must confess that after Mister Tuff pointed out that he is also Just a Fan, it does look likely as the layout of their posts are identical with only a few words per line.
    I was very disappointed a few weeks ago that Jib chose to hack mine and Rotonda’s account to post some comments to help him during an exchange that he was struggling with. This I know now to be a fact and despite me asking him if he had done it in a reasonable way he chose to deny it. Hacking into other’s accounts can’t be right.
    Due to this Shyte behaviour I very nearly decided to stay off the blog
    as in my opinion this is not acceptable and makes posting seem pointless. I since decided not to allow one a-hole to ruin things but Jib / Jane / Jeff / Just a fan has gone right down in my estimation.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:42 PM

Rob, pretty sure I read somewhere Rafa didn’t want Barecca and didn’t ask for him – period. He did want Lukaku but he failed a medical. The point is, if business had been done early, like Rafa wanted, he would’ve had time to find himself a suitable replacement. Instead, as always, it was left until the last day leaving Rafa no time to find somebody else. Serves Ashley right, but doesn’t help us.
    Still, Ritchie is doing a decent job for now, which is just as well.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:44 PM

It’s a funny old world these days.

Hard to justify in my mind that a person who calls other posters things like “knob heid/ prick” really without justification and repeatedly invites other posters to “suck my c**k” would fall into the status of being victimised.

Hoy in things like suggesting Ed should change his cancer medication (I’ll always remember that).

From that chosen position is it such a surprise that he draws fire from others -(probably intended) – bullying definitely not. Admonishment of a base and foul fellow – yes.

• RobLeenio

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:47 PM

Bobby, yes the timing was poor, agreed, it could and should have been done sooner and had it been then yes, a different player could have been brought in. Maybe. Or maybe we would have still got Barreca, we’ll never know.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:52 PM

Other points raised today.
    Bobbybee – agree there is nobody on here who knows the inner workings/what is going on at SJP. If there was they would have been revealing their “credentials” over a period of time.

In the grand scheme of life multiples on a website will not really alter anything at all.
    They annoy at times and should probably be mentioned if they say outrageous/vile stuff.

• toon22

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:55 PM

If you need multiple accounts to make your point seem valid

Your probably wrong

Hiya JEFF

• lesh

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:04 PM

RobLeenio

Much as I dislike bullying on the Blog, there are the odd names that do, by virtue of their history, attract more scrutiny than others.

Dare I suggest that those names belong to narcissists who seek and thrive on the attention they get? If that is the case, then they get no sympathy from me.

• lochinvar

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:05 PM

Clearly Beardsley has done nothing wrong other than possibly ruffle a few feathers with some old skool training tactics and banter otherwise there would have been a different process and outcome to his position with NUFC.

In the circumstances we should now expect to see him appear as a pundit on Sky or the BBC if their political masters allow as he’s apparently done nothing wrong other than been made redundant as part of Ashley cutting costs.

Don’t you think ?

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:06 PM

Nobody’s saying Jib is a victim! Crikey, all I said was that his comment about the club having accepted a bid from the fourth party was a joke. I think it was. How could it be anything else? Surely nobody believes Jib has inside information on that? 🙂
    On the other, a lot of people currently posting on here don’t even remember Jeff from Benwell. He certainly hasn’t posted in years so it’s fair to assume he’s gone for good.
    But nobody would ever assume jib was a victim of anything. Surely not even jib would suggest that?
    I don’t believe he’s Jane. I might be wrong, but their styles are just so different. Then again, he might be happy to let people believe he is, even if he isn’t.
    Now he’s Just A Fan? Never given it a moments thought. This whole multiples thing is madness. If he is, and doing it to wind people up, then it’s working isn’t it? Just do what I do – ignore people you don’t want to interact with. It’s far easier than trying to dissect people’s Psyche.

• toon22

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:07 PM

It wouldnt be the first time MA and his goons have asked the manger to sit on a player

Remember Xisco

• toon22

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:09 PM

JIB is PR

His job is to protect MA and his interests

The sale lie is used to distract the fans from the colossal mess the club is in,7 times in a row now.

• Bobbybee

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:12 PM

Anyway, I gotta go. Catch ye all later. 🙂

• RobLeenio

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:17 PM

lochinvar, I think I read somewhere he’d suggested that a player from a different ethnic group (Yasin ben el-Mhanni?) should be better at climbing. “Your lot should be good at this” or something along those lines.

Banter maybe. Misguided definitely. Malicious? Almost certainly not. Definitely not the same as, for example, spitting at a young female fan or sleeping with your daughter’s best mate with your wife in hospital.

Hopefully he can get his TV career back on track, though I doubt he needs to.

• carltoon

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:26 PM

Beardsley great player but a terrible coach as has been proven. He was accused years ago but he got off with it and the other coach was sacked that was for striking one of the young players. Maybe he should of been most go then. I loved him as a player. Heard lots of rumours about his coaching style. It’s really a sad state of affairs

• bettyswallocks

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Beardsley was a very special talent as a player and got many a bum out of it’s seat whenever he played. However his slight speech impediment rendered him somewhat incoherent so I wouldn’t have thought he was ideally suited to a coaching role.

• Online Guy

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:51 PM

When Jib brought news to the blog yesterday he mentioned a source ..It was credible to me as he mentioned the legal profession.

I gave 2 clues as to whom and only for Jib as the clues I used would be recognised by Jib and no one else . The reason for the cryptic angle is to keep it under wraps for good reason.

If Jib recognises the clues then we are on the same page and he’s credible with his info of yesterday.

I have not spoke to my source for about a month ..Jibs news is new to me and I still have no news .. So I’m not claiming anything new as I ain’t been told nowt . Jib is up to speed though.

Jail , I only ever reported what I had been told.

Remember the cryptic stuff was for Jib only to check we know and speak with the same source.

• beermonkey

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:52 PM

Ny mag

Thanks for the info last night

Bobby
    The club has wasted millions on loans all in the name of saving money

Betty

When you say jib hacked your account do you mean he used one of his multiple accounts and changed the name to yours
    Or he got hold of your loggin details and posted some you

• beermonkey

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:52 PM

Ny mag

Thanks for the info last night

Bobby
    The club has wasted millions on loans all in the name of saving money

Betty

Or he got hold of your loggin details and posted some you

• beermonkey

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:53 PM

Apologies for the double post
    I blame fat fingers and my phone

• Online Guy

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:59 PM

Sad day Peter Beardsley leaving the club . Iv never read the comments regarding it on here but will later . Jumped up poxy allegations and we loose a Fking legend.

That’s my opinion above .

Peter Beardsley ..Legend.

• RobLeenio

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:11 PM

Online Guy, I hope they give it 12 months and give him an ambassadorial role. Players like him and Shearer should be connected with the club, it’s criminal that they’re not.

But not all players make good coaches, I think Beardsley is a case in point.

• bettyswallocks

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:17 PM

Beer………. I don’t know how he did it but he posted under mine and Rotonda’s name.
    To use an old English saying that was Simply not Cricket.

• toon22

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:18 PM

What do you think the reaction will be once MA drags out the sale lie next time ?
    Iirc it would be for the 8th time

As I’m not counting the current blog sale lie

You think even Sky will swallow the exact same lie ?

Again

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:19 PM

I don’t know like, to me. The Beardsley case is far from clear and think it will remain this way. What I do recall though is this is not the first time this issue has been raised and if I’m correct it is the second time. That’s what I read when this instance broke out so don’t know who or what was involved in the previous instance.

I have always been adamant that he should have been sacked anyway, terrible performances and results after being in place for years. Dawson is showing what is capable for our u23s.

Just think it’s not fair on either the players involved or Beardsley either since nothing has been made official of what has happened so any accusations of ‘soft’ kids or ‘bully’ Beardsley is uncalled for. Mbhanni kid has been mentioned a couple times but I remember it was more than him involved.

Handled poorly by the club but better to move on now.

• bettyswallocks

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:20 PM

OLG……… Surely you and Jib playing Chinese Whispers on here when we’re all so desperate to be rid of Ashley only serves to inflame folk.

• toon22

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:20 PM

OLG

Wernt we sold last time ?

Or the time before ?

You and a few others were certain,you think maybe people now think your talking bolix ?

• Tsunki

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:24 PM

Rob thanks for feeling sorry for me and all that etc and so on and so forth ad infinitum as well as, too, additionally – but it’s not necessary.

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:24 PM

Mark Douglas
    @MsiDouglas
    Demba Ba: “I wish I’d stayed at #nufc for five years.”

If only he stuck with us, not nice when player like that leaves for ‘trophies’ which is a term nowadays for £££££. I do remember his agent at the time being quite influential in it though. Still, easily the best striker we’ve had since shearer… bar Joselu.

• Tsunki

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:31 PM

On Pedro – my final opinion is that in the current climate of political accountability gone stark staring loopy, said Mr Beardsley’s archaic lad – styled manner of speech and behaviour has been latched onto and exploded by a disaffected youth who realised his career prospects were being chocked still by a coaching dinosaur who had too much influence in said career route to get around. The club was then placed in a difficult position whereby it couldn’t safely deny or explain away Peters behaviour in a satisfactory manner and thus the club, Mr Beardsley and Master Disaffected Youth came to a **ahem** mutually beneficial arrangement nicely subject to confidentiality in order to whitewash the unpleasantness away. I expect Mr Beardsley to resurface in a discreet way in a suitable length of time wherein Master Disaffected Youth will have long since disappeared down the huge sinkhole of failed talent.

• Tsunki

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:33 PM

At the risk of spitting on your family crest in some vile and horrific way again, online – give over with the tripe would you, good fellow?

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:33 PM

Newcastle united shooting challenge.
    Clark better than all our strikers lol!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:38 PM

Bolton on a mess
    Statement from some employees of Bolton Wanderers:

“As can be expected, morale is low, a work force of worried and upset staff, There has been no information to what is happening about our wages or our jobs, Not knowing if we will have enough staff to open the gates on Saturday.

Some members of staff will attend the match on Saturday and we respect the decision of the other staff that won’t attend as is their right.

Part time staff have had to find out off Social Media that they arent being paid, No apologies, No explanation, nothing! At least full time staff and the players have had an email, we’ve had nothing.

We pray the situation is resolved as soon as possible, so we can get our football clubs name out of the mud and get back to supporting our players and being there for the wonderful fans of this wonderful football club” #BWFC

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:50 PM

Beardsley will always be remembered as a legend at the club and unfortunately for siding with Ashley’s running of the club.
    I’m not sure what exactly we’re losing mind, his record with the U’s was atrocious, he relegated them and had his team rock bottom of the division which can’t be good for anyone coming through. He’s gone and it’s time to move on.

• Tsunki

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:51 PM

Bolton chairman Ken Anderson –

“Unfortunately, several people seem to want to give the indication that they know what’s going on at the club, when in reality they know very little if anything and often incorrectly speculate or worse still, in some cases create stories such as the Turkish buyer and the North West consortium backed by Russian money and the latest one from Bahrain. I have had no contact whatsoever with any of them.”

Ken, mate – we know how you feel, we really do. 😐

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:53 PM

Online guy must have been in touch with the Bolton chairman and is currently on the Bolton wanderers blog 😀

• Just a fan

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Bettyswallocks
    If you are going to believe Mr tuff you will end up in la la land.
    Yes I do lines not coke i may add.
    Why
    I just do.
    I refute theses allegations.
    Why.
    Because they are untrue.
    Bring some proof to the table.
    And stop believing everything he from the tufty club says.
    Don’t worry I still like you.