web analytics

Popular Midfielder Dotes On His Time At Newcastle – Thanks Fans

There’s a good article in Planet Football today on former Newcastle left winger Jonas Gutierrez.

The winger was diagnosed with testicular cancer in October 2013 and had the cancerous testicle removed a few weeks later.

But Alan Pardew didn’t handle the situation very well at all and he didn’t play Gutierrez in the side and he was loaned out to Norwich (and Chris Hughton) in January 2014.

Gutierrez contract had a clause in it that ruled if he played a certain number of games for the club it would trigger an automatic extension.

The Argentine sued the club and later, a tribunal ruled in his favor and that Newcastle had deliberately left him out of the team so the automatic extension would not be triggered.

Jonas final game was in May 2015 when we beat West Ham 2-0 at home and were finally safe from relegation – with John Carver as the caretaker manager.

Jonas Gutierrez celebrating scoring against West Ham in May 2015 – YES!!

Jonas scored the second goal late in the game which meant safety for Newcastle and he whipped off his shirt in celebration – a moment fans will remember for a long time.

This is some of what the former Argentine International said about Newcastle:

“It is not just the boys and the men, but the women and the grandmas. The city depends on football, it is so important. They are incredible.”

“As a young boy, I used to get up early to watch English football, and it was my dream to play for one of those teams.”

“I knew Newcastle because of the film “Goal!” with Santiago Munez, and also because of Daniel Cordone and Christian Bassedas, who were playing there and had been at my team in Argentina, Valez Sarsfield.”

“Newcastle fans are different, you don’t find this kind of support in many places. They make you stronger and send you their love.”

“I was sad when I left because it was hard to leave a club and a place I love.”

“But when I look at my past, I think about the good things, like the fans and their unbelievable messages of support.”

“For that, I can only say thank you.

Jonas was certainly a popular player and played for Newcastle 205 times with 12 goals and 27 assists from 2008 through 2015.

Maybe Jonas will come back to Newcastle as a coach one day – that would be good – he’s still only 35.

• lochinvar

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:14 PM

The Official Statement

“Newcastle United can confirm that Peter Beardsley is no longer employed by the club.
    We are grateful for the contribution Peter has given over the years as a player, coach and ambassador and we wish him well for the future.
    The club will make no further comment at this time.”

• AncientC

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:14 PM

Funny reading catching up on the blog, Jib snared once again.
    “Geet Lush”
    “like being savaged by a dead sheep”
    And to add another one *By Gum*:

Jeff from Benwell

Mar 7, 2015 at 3:45 PM

‘Comment #4
    JDdubai
    “The problem is the lack of trust.”

By gum you’ve changed yer tune since talking to Mr Carr – a month ago you were full of shiny new horizons.’

—————————————————————————-

Jib

‘Nov 17, 2018 at 7:55 PM

The most Northerly point in Denmark
    is well over a thousand klicks from the
    most southerly point in Finland
    Not to mention there is this big fcukoff
    country called Sweden between the two.
    By gum you are such a miss Tsunki’.

• lochinvar

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:18 PM

Hopefully just a wee rest, some physio, wheelie bin ice baths and job’s a good un.

According to injury data analyst Ben Dinnery, scans have revealed that Sean Longstaff damaged his posterior cruciate ligament in a challenge with Robert Snodgrass last weekend.The good news is that Dinnery insists that he’s NOT suffered a rupture, but the bad news is that the severity of this posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury is not yet clear ahead of his meeting with a specialist today.
    That said, Ben states that Longstaff could yet return within a month if he’s suffered just a ‘minor tweak’ or ‘strain’ – so let’s hope for good news on that front:

• Mister Tuff

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:37 PM

Ancient – more evidence if it was ever needed.
    Some choose not to believe the wealth of gaffes by the new ITK – supports their agendas whatever they may be.
    Bit like hysterical teenagers covering their ears and eyes “screaming I didn’t see it I can’t hear it”.
    Up to them I suppose -their choices – does it devalue what else they say – perhaps.

• RobLeenio

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:46 PM

That’s hardly evidence, it’s a few common phrases with years between. It may suffice for a kangaroo court run by hyenas and other mongrels, it will take more to convince sensible folk.

You lot are so obsessed it’s actually hilarious. Do you really have nothing better to do with your time than go searching for correlation? For God’s sake and your own, let it go.

Seriously, though, the worst aspect of this blog is the victimisation of certain individuals, it’s really and truly tragic. Playground bullying of the worst kind.

• Munster Mag

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:56 PM

Totally agree Rob, thankfully the guys who are the victims of all this shite are big enough to put up with it and respond. Look at jail, he still thinks I hate the manager and has lied repeatedly that I wanted less talented managers ahead of him. Yes of course I want Martin o neill, I loved him for Ireland! It’s the rafa cult, led by insular halfwits like Jail. A fan can’t raise questions about tactics etc without being shouted at. Hope man u fans never questioned fergie. Its not allowed. And if you do, it means you hate him forever. I think it’s called being myopic.