web analytics

Rafa Not Happy With Referee – But Praises His Players

Referee Mike dean never seems to have a good game when he referees a Newcastle game.

And he was true to form this afternoon when he made some strange decisions, the worst of which was a penalty for a foul by Fernandez on Ake – but you see this at almost every corner that’s taken.

Why he decided to give a penalty, we have no idea, but that was the crucial decision in the game because Bournemouth were right back in it.

It took a brilliant equalizer four minutes into stoppage time for Newcastle to equalized and get the point they deserved this afternoon.

Paul Dummett – amazing goal-line clearance from the full-back

This is some of What Rafa said, and he’s not impressed with the referee:

“We are not happy with a lot of things. If you analyze situations in the first half, DeAndre was fouled in the box.”

“The penalty against us. You’re talking about things there where we have different opinions (from the referee ).”

“Some decisions you need to have VAR and you have to make sure you get the decisions right.”

“There were too many decisions that didn’t go our way today. To be sure for the future and we can improve that.”

“I will have to check but if you give a penalty like that, then you have to give 100 in every game.”

“The performance of the team was very good and then everything changed in the first minute of the second half and we would like to have these situations fairer in the future.”

“It changes everything in the second half, we were winning one nil and you can take risks and we were not very happy after that goal.”

“But it is not the first time we have had difficult situations and the reaction has been very positive.”

“Bournemouth are a good team and they attack quite well and we did what we had to do to create chances.”

“Defenders did well against a good offensive team and it was not easy for them but they did well.”

“It’s a great goal from Ritchie and we were pushing until the end.”

“That is football.”

There were some excellent performances from the Newcastle players with Ritchie, Rondon, and Dummett all outstanding.

Dummett was captain for the day, and he made an excellent clearance off the line (shown above) that saved Newcastle – you can understand why he’s so trusted by the manager.

At the end of the day, it was a good point for Newcastle.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Bournemouth?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Munster Mag

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:20 PM

Jibbo, I missed the last 15 mins of the eng Scots game, to go to mass, good Catholic boy that I am. Arse!

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:21 PM

Munster,
    It’s not a lie, you did hate him but now you look stupid for hating him because he’s doing so we’ll, so now you pretend to like him until he starts doing bad again.

• Jib

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:22 PM

Gerrin Wolves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dondatta13

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:26 PM

You count out Man U at your peril!

• Jib

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:28 PM

Wolves 2 !!!!!!

• Jib

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:29 PM

Really

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:29 PM

How good to hear Steve Bull club legend talk about how the Chairman is only thinking about the top four, where as our club legend told us what a great manager Alan Pardew was 🙁

• IrishRob

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:29 PM

Jail I get that and its appreciated. But out of no where you just seemed like you were trying to take the piss out of me or being sarcastic. If I’m wrong I’m sorry but it felt a little like that. No hard feelings!

• Dondatta13

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:30 PM

My my my …. I stand corrected lol

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:36 PM

VAR fuc*s up again
    Went through the player to get the ball!!

• Munster Mag

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:42 PM

No jail i didn’t hate him, but criticised him when I felt it appropriate to do so. It’s called not always following the herd. Doesn’t mean I don’t want him here long term, funded. But didn’t you say I wanted him shoved into retirement when I said I wanted him here for 10 years then DOF. Lying toad.

• lochinvar

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Aguero goal at Swansea stands despite the linesman been yards of the pace but no VAR to determine a clear offside.
    VAR at Wolves rescinds red card for Linderoff to yellow for a dangerous tackle that could have been a leg breaker.
    Meanwhile Mike Dean has a panto performance.
    Might has well have a panel of judges at games.
    On yer bike for Mike.

• IrishRob

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:47 PM

Munster….. I’m from kilkenny, I presume you’re a Limerick or Cork man??

For me its a bonus that Rafa is a good manager, he’s got good principles, integrity, honor, and he has literally zero ego. He’s a hero for that alone. You get the feeling Rafa cares by the way he tries to change things from the ground up and get the community involed. There isn’t another manager in the world who can get Newcastle back to a European force if Rafa can’t do it. But I think he will. I get the feeling one day he will habe a statue outside SJP

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:50 PM

IrishRob,
    If you see your opinion on anything being challenged as hostile, then a blog is probably not the best place for you.

• Jib

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:53 PM

Jail for Ashley
    If you see your opinion on anything being challenged as hostile,
    then a blog is probably not the best place for you.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha

• Jib

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:54 PM

delicious irony

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:54 PM

Rafa must be spitting feathers seeing a Wolves squad that can afford to use only 19 players in the semi finals.

• carltoon

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:56 PM

Rob did you see Mike Dean’s face when Raffa said he will see him after the game. It was like what for what for. Ha ha hope Raffa told him what for.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:56 PM

Jiblets,
    No tactical nonsense from you today after seeing Bournemouths high tempo 4-4-2

• IrishRob

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:57 PM

Jail… I love when somone responds with a different opinion or when there’s a bit of banter. But it really didn’t seem like that, it just felt like u were trying to attack me rather than have a conversation. Like I said if I picked it up wrong ill own it. I’m not here for arguments although I’m well able for them, I just wanna talk about the team really.

• Jib

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:58 PM

Dean (The Wirral) and Rafa (West Kirby) live only a few miles apart
    Rafa probably threatened to come round and sort him out

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Mind you, I don’t agree with that aspect of VAR, just made the ref look a right ¥?€£, when it’s not obvious it should go straight to VAR.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:01 PM

Jib – even welsh has dumped you after your blog behaviour and grooming -even welsh says you have been sussed.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:03 PM

If games were decided purely on tactics, discipline and fitness, we’d be top of the league. A wonderfully admirable collective effort from the football side of the club, to recover so well from the awful start we suffered.

• IrishRob

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Carltoon….. Yeah bud I seen it clear as day. I wanted to punch him so bad. He makes my blood boil. The problem is no one wants to make refs like him accountable and they are getting away with murder.

It all stems from years ago with refs getting death threats and needing to be escorted off pitches etc… So they decided to come up with a way of making the refs less accountable, but its gone too far in the opposite direction now.

They have too much power, their heads have gotten to big and their are too many ways corruption can be brought into the game as a consequence of that I think.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:08 PM

ail @103 – yes overruling the refs red card surprised me. Would be better just to ask the VAR officials to check in the first instance.

VAR is good but the crap officials will make a mess of it.
    Rugby lot seem to get it to work well.

• IrishRob

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:09 PM

Good point jail. Refs are only human and no one wants to look like a clown for getting it wrong. The ref has far too much power nowadays.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:12 PM

IrishRob,
    I take it from my first reply to you which was perfectly polite, you were very impolite in your response, you’ve obviously formed an opinion of me and as I’ve said before I don’t give a foot, just another poster on the blog, don’t let it affect your posts and don’t worry about me as I won’t be responding to anything you say.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:14 PM

IrishRob@108,
    Let’s call that a truce and forget about that maniac Munster 😀

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:18 PM

Toon Polls
    @ToonPolls
    1h
    #NUFC at this stage last season:

P 31, W 9, D 8, L 14, GF 31, GA 40, GD -9, Points 35

#NUFC at the same stage this season:

P 31, W 9, D 8, L 14, GF 31, GA 40, GD -9, Points 35

• IrishRob

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:18 PM

Lol ok jail. Fair enough if you wanna be like that. You’re kinda confirming what I was saying by the way you’re acting, but whatever have the last laugh idc. Don’t talk to me if you don’t want to, like I said I’m not here for arguments and that’s all you seem to be doing right now.

Ill talk to you anytime ill talk to anyone about Newcastle tbh. But you do you and ill so me if that’s the way you want it.

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:20 PM

Don’t actually know how accurate that is like.

Table today says we scored 30, drew 7 and lost 15.

Actually if anyone has twitter tell that user he’s full of ….

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:24 PM

I’m confused now actually, I’ve seen a different table with a different set of figures albeit slightly. Ignore that fool on Twitter, ignore this bossman here and just enjoy our goals and away point today.

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:26 PM

Irish rob.
    All you need to remember is I’m the baddest man on the blog 😉

Be wary of robleenio too, he’s a shady character 😀

• IrishRob

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:27 PM

Well said Rolando ? time for a brew my head is hurting.

• IrishRob

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM

Rolando…Lol I wish I could post a meme of Michael Jackson saying “who’s bad” right now though ?

• Munster Mag

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:34 PM

Rob, you probably know that Jail is a rafa obsessive, and can never accept that I dared criticise him in the past and used my own judgement and opinion rather than what everyone else was saying. He therefore decided that I hated him and wanted guys like Martin o neill and Nigel pearson instead of him. Bonkers. He’s even refused my virtual offer of a pint of porter when we beat man u! Odd, big style.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:34 PM

Yup,
    Don’t foot wit ronaldo he makes bad look purely evil 😮

• Nicky the ball tosser

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:37 PM

Almiron takes his defender into wide areas and in doing so stretches the defense, creating more space in the middle to exploit in what is a far more dangerous area. If you give him the ball he’s going to be facing the sideline with a player on his tail and unable do much of anything with it. If the defender doesn’t go then he’ll get it every time, but of course, the defender will go with him, so the ball is played inside or Ritchie pushes on with it into the space Almiron has created.