web analytics

Newcastle’s Final 7 Games Of The Season – And Unbelievable Comparison With Last Season

After the 2-2 draw yesterday at Bournemouth we now have over a two-week International break before we play at Arsenal two weeks tomorrow night.

We have 7 games left – three at home and four away and we should be able to pick up some additional wins before the end of the season.

Rafa Benitez – will want more than 9 points in final seven games

Here are the seven remaining games.

Mon 01 Apr   Arsenal vs Newcastle           8:00pm
Sat 06 Apr   Newcastle vs Crystal Palace    3:00pm
Fri 12 Apr   Leicester vs Newcastle         8:00pm
Sat 20 Apr   Newcastle vs Southampton       5:30pm
Sat 27 Apr   Brighton vs Newcastle          5:30pm
Sat 04 May   Newcastle vs Liverpool         3:00pm
Sun 12 May   Fulham vs Newcastle            3:00pm

And compared to last season the records are identical in every way.

Premier League SeasonPlayedWonDrawnLostGFGAGDPointsPosition
2017-201838128183947-84410
2018-201938129174248-64513

That’s really weird and a little amazing.

In the previous two games last season at this time (games 30 and 31)  we beat Southampton (3-0) and Huddersfield (1-0) at home.

That was the start of a four-game winning streak which was followed by a four-game losing streak before we hammered Chelsea at home on Sunday 13 May to finish the season on 44 points in 10th place.

Hopefully, we can do better this season and get more than 9 points (3 wins) in the final seven games.

Here’s how we stand before today’s games in the Premier League and other teams now have games in hand on us because of the FA Cup.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
10West Ham38-352
11Watford38-750
12Crystal Palace38-249
13Newcastle38-645
14Bournemouth38-1445
15Burnley38-2240
16Southampton38-2039
17Brighton38-2536
18Cardiff38-3534
19Fulham38-3726
20Huddersfield38-5416

We are certainly not safe yet and there’s still one club to be relegated along with Huddersfield and Fulham.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Bournemouth?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:58 PM

c-dog
    I was thinking GS might be Jane
    Ha ha ha
    😀

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:00 PM

I was thinking Gareth Southgate. He don’t like Newcastle so he won’t like the idea of a popular nufc blog.

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:04 PM

A Jib walks into El Prado and says where is Guernica. We moved it in 1992 mate, where have you been? Jib replies, sorry, me no speaky El Spanisho.

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:05 PM

laughing at your own jokes as well! Who are you? Adam Sandler?

• Jib

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:09 PM

Looking like Ashley may have won the battle for Debenhams

• Mister Tuff

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:12 PM

Hahahaha – Jib now accusing folk of being multiples. Tremendous comedy blogging.

I suppose hid “friends” who have just appeared will chastise him for making such allegations.
    Well ok probably not it’s ok for Jib to say such things but not others.
    Duplicitous wretches.

It’s gonna be a long break on the blog – not be long before politics and health matters make an appearance.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:14 PM

c- dog – yes definitely a weirdo.
    Even welshie has cast him aside. I’ve just got one thing to say to him :-

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:15 PM

Ronaldo: you are totally wrong about me not liking NUFC. I am having a go at Jib because he deserves it for being a pompous know-it-all (no-it-all in his speak).

• magscar

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:20 PM

Mr tuff

Was Jib actually being serious about “multiples” – I think not – more jesting rather than accusatory

You on the other hand have previous for repeated unfounded accusations which you never apolgise for.

Without Jib on here would you have anything to post?

Couple of footie related posts hardly qualify you as required reading but keep playing to the Blog Jib haters gallery as you have for years that seems to be your forte

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:26 PM

Yes, honey. We did visit El Prado in 1992 but that was 27 years ago. Here, have some of these vitamin pills the doctor said would help with your memory. Is Picasso still your favourite artist of all time? Can you remember all of his paintings ever? There were 17,000 of them you know. My Grandad could tell us what he for his tea on June 5th in 1955 but doesn’t know what day of the week it is. Is that like you sweetie? I’ll ring the nursing home.

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:30 PM

Magstar: I haven’t taken much notice of any feud between Jib and Mr. Tuff. However, if Jib wants to set himself up as a pompous, pretentious blog policeman then why would you be surprised if anyone has a shy at him?

• magscar

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:38 PM

GS

You haven’t taken much notice of a feud between Jib and Mr Tuff – where have you been? it’s about all Mr Tuff can bothered to post on 🙂 Mind you are giving him a good run today

I am not surprised if posters have a go at Jib it’s just tedious when that’s all some folk can bang on about.

We have had a relatively frog free few days and now this Jib baiting fest – ah well

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:39 PM

And if you want me to talk about football! I now know more about obscure bands from the ’70 and back surgery than I care to know.

From reading this blog.

• All Aboot Toon

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:40 PM

This blog is bloody painful today…..no need to explain why.

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:41 PM

Magstar: people seem to enjoy the frog-baiting. They change their avatars to frogs.

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:42 PM

All Aboot Toon: the truth hurts. I know it hasn’t been about NUFC but it needed to be said. For a long time. And I am the man to say it 🙂

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:43 PM

And you know you can skip anything I write.

• magscar

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:43 PM

GS

Good for you – it’s an education on here – Jail might entertain you with some WIKI extracts on plants if you ask him nicely 🙂

Of course you could always post the odd footie comment yourself (when you get over the Jib fixation) to get the Blog moving again.

• magscar

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:45 PM

GS

Toon22 has a well earned break and a new one dimensional poster fills the void – Hmmmm just our luck 🙂

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:54 PM

Magstar: not a Jib fixation man. I will have post a lot more comments about barristers and Spanish towns to catch up with Jib’s 20,000 on those 2 subjects alone.

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:55 PM

Am I Toon22?

Ashley out.

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:02 PM

I will stop now.

I find him mildly entertaining.

Like some hamster on a wheel endlessly repeating what they did the day before and not realizing it.

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:06 PM

But if you can say that I haven’t summed up Jib in my 2 hour dialogue/monologue I think you might not have been paying attention.

• Oldgit1

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:08 PM

We will have two whole weeks of this sniping by GS and Mr Tuff, strewth that’s all we need. Think I will disappear, can see site getting toxic.

GS who are you. What can you contribute to this site. Talk football or do one.

Mr Tuff contributes nowt.

Jail for Ashley, am still awaiting an apology.

I accept Jib is not everyone’s cup of tea but at least he talks football and supplies links. The so called famous three provides nowt but hatred. suggest you all get a life and concentrate on finding ways to get rid of our hated owner. You could also contribute to football related items that would be a novel idea.

I have put myself forward for abuse, give it your best shot.

Re Rafa, I regard him as the best possible manager we will ever have and signing him up to a long term contract is a necessity for the club to progress.

• mainemagpie

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:18 PM

According to this site after 31 games in 2017/2018 the stats were:

Newcastle 31 8 8 5 30:41 -11 32

• lesh

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:14 PM

Magscar

Does the Live at The Point gig use the same set as Barrowlands? If it is, I’ll get myself a copy – I’ve seen ’em on Amazon.

Together, Christie Moore and Declan… Seem to share the same chemistry as Jackson Browne and David Lindley – each respecting, anticipating and understanding the other – without acting as big shots.

Jib

No, I haven’t heard Christy Moore’s Fairytale of New York though I’d noticed it on Youtube. Shall have a look.

Thanks

Ps, when you’re a nice smart ar$e you’re ok. 😉