web analytics

This Player In Really Top Form – Can We Keep Him Next Season?

Salomon Rondon has started to score regularly for Newcastle, and after scoring last week in the famous 3-2 comeback win at home to Everton, he scored just before half time (in stoppage time) to put Newcastle ahead in yesterday’s 2-2 draw with the Cherries.

And it was a terrific goal straight from a free kick and 25 yards out.

And then in added time in the second half, former Bournemouth player Matt Ritchie scored a fabulous equalizer after four minutes of stoppage time.

Salomon Rondon seems the perfect center-forward for Newcastle, and we can see why he was Rafa’s number one transfer target last summer.

We can also see how Rondon’s style fits the current Newcastle side a lot better than that of Alexandar Mitrovic – who is now at Fulham.

Salomon Rondon celebrates after scoring direct from a free kick

This is what Salomon has said on the Newcastle website today:

“I’m really happy. It’s the reason the gaffer brought me here – to try to score goals and help the team to stay up.”

“And that’s it. I just try to do my job and keep going.”

“I hope I can keep scoring goals for the team, help the team and after that we will see.”

“At the moment I have to go step by step, try to keep scoring and not lose my focus.”

“The job is not done. We have to keep going, to carry on.

“We’ve got a few games at home – we have to try and win those games – and we have to continue with the same attitude, spirit and try to win more points.”

Rondon has become a huge favorite with the Newcastle fans because he is such a good player who can score goals like Alan Shearer at times.

Yesterday’s goal is one example of that.

He also has an engaging personality, loves Newcastle and is desperate to stay at the club, but that has yet to be worked out in the summer.

We must keep Rondon at Newcastle – for the next few seasons.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Bournemouth?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Oldgit1

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Repost
    We will have two whole weeks of this sniping by GS and Mr Tuff, strewth that’s all we need. Think I will disappear, can see site getting toxic.

GS who are you. What can you contribute to this site. Talk football or do one.

Mr Tuff contributes nowt.

Jail for Ashley, am still awaiting an apology.

I accept Jib is not everyone’s cup of tea but at least he talks football and supplies links. The so called famous three provides nowt but hatred. suggest you all get a life and concentrate on finding ways to get rid of our hated owner. You could also contribute to football related items that would be a novel idea.

I have put myself forward for abuse, give it your best shot.

Re Rafa, I regard him as the best possible manager we will ever have and signing him up to a long term contract is a necessity for the club to progress.

• Jib

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Nice to see the 3 top poll players on pretty much
    the same number of votes – shows Rafa has them
    all pulling together

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:20 PM

Countdown on, the last time we had an international break it was like the Garza Strip on here.
    And just so we don’t have to look it up on google, it’s not a strip club owned by Paul Gascoigne.
    Let’s hope we don’t get any injuries from the break, hopefully those injured at the moment will get some much needed treatment and be available for our final push. Howay the Toon!!

• Mister Tuff

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Oldgit – good football post.
    Looking forward to your next one. What month will it be and I’ll look out for it.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:25 PM

betty – scrub your list it would appear after all these years Jib was only joking.
    Must have been an account hacker goading me as well over the last few days.

• Bobbybee

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:27 PM

If there is a ruling that says no gambling ads during a game its being blatantly ignored by both Sky and BT – the two suppliers of live football. (BBC don’t count, they don’t advertise anything). Sky were just advertising their cash out option, which is crap.
    Our lass cashed out yesterday, pressed the confirm button – which shows her cash out was pressed in time – and nothing happened.
    She complained and they said ‘Cash out is not something that should be deemed a right, it’s just a bonus that can be withheld. You should not bet with the sole intention of cashing out.’
    DER! Why do they think people choose to bet with Sky when you can get better prices elsewhere? It’s the cash out option you clowns! If you won’t pay out on it when you should, don’t advertise it. It’s that option that makes it worth betting with Sky. Or did. Not anymore.

• Bobbybee

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:35 PM

Fulham spent a fortune this season. Whoops. 🙂 They’re getting beaten again today. I think we’re safe and its between Cardiff, Fulham and possibly Burnley.
    All that money wasted by the looks of things. I’m pretty sure if Rafa had spent that amount we’d be laughing.
    Salah really can be greedy. Should’ve passed then for the second goal and tried to beat everyone when others were much better placed. Not the first time either.
    That would’ve served him right if Fulham scored, but the flag saved Liverpool.

• JohnJ

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:38 PM

I just hope Mr Ashley can see that Rondon is our insurance policy against relegation not just for this season

Where would we be without his goals & assists?

But also for the next few seasons if he can get him signed up on a decent length of contract!

Come Mr Ashley – You know it makes sense!!!!!

• Oldgit1

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:41 PM

@ Mr Tuff, so so funny. One day you will publish a football topic. But you are too thick. Having a go at Jib appears to be your forte. you are pathetic.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:58 PM

Oldgit – was I being funny/joking.

I demand an opinion from the newly appointed Guru who can decide at distance on a written blog whether someone is joking or not.
    A miraculous power I know. But I’ll ready myself for the truth.

By the way it must have been someone else posting as me this morning about the new rules for penalties etc. No contribution from you.

About three days running I ignored goads from Jib – without reply – you must have missed that as well.

Stop your hatred you might feel better – what about some breathing exercises or a bit of yoga.

• toonluvva

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:40 PM

Keeping Rondon should be a priority.
    But what happens if another chance comes along to buy a retail firm?
    We all know where our beloved owners ambitions lie.

• widowmagandapoke

Mar 18, 2019 at 4:16 PM

Where are all the muppets who were.slating Rafa for not playing, then selling Mitro?