web analytics

Fans Will Have To Wait Until Next Season To See The Best Of This Player

Yoshinori Muto has had a tough time of it at Newcastle since he signed for us in the summer for £9.5M from German club Mainz.

He’s been injured and played in the Asian Cup in January for Japan who were beaten in the final by Qatar.

It hasn’t been easy for Muto, whose wife had a baby back in Japan shortly after he joined Newcastle.

Rafa Benitez welcomes Yoshinori Muto to Newcastle in August

Rafa was asked what he thought of Muto’s short appearance on Saturday during the final 8 minutes at Bournemouth – this is how he answered that – as reported in the Chronicle:

“Obviously he didn’t have too much time, but we have two or three players who are training so well, and it is a pity that you cannot play them,”

“When he came on he, as always, was working really hard, was chasing players, was running into the spaces, so it’s what we were expecting from him.”

“I think he’s getting better in terms of the understanding with his team-mates because he is having English lessons, so he can communicate much better,”

“Nobody ever worries about his work rate and how dynamic he is during games and training sessions.”

“It’s just for me to know that he knows about the other players around, and in this case, Almiron came and is doing well, so Muto just has to carry on competing.”

Rafa seems happy with Muto who works his socks off both in training and during games.

It will help the Japanese International when his English is better, but we will probably have to wait until next season to see if Muto can some though at Newcastle.

We hope he can, but he needs to be given time.

• Ron Knee

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:02 PM

chico

Tsunki might know.

• Tsunki

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:07 PM

A few years back i got a card through the post saying there was a parcel for me to collect from Team Valley (A got the impression that it was a cheap service as they wouldn’t attempt redelivery I just had to come and get it. I pondered over what it could be as I wasn’t expecting anything. Eventually curiosity wrestled me to the floor and I cracked and made the 30 mile round trip to collect said mystery parcel.

Long time readers / posters etc will recognise the photo I took of the mystery object as one of my earlier avatars.

A giant SD Mug. That’s what it was, and that’s what I was. True Story. I hope Rafa doesn’t get a card saying he’s got post but the sender hasn’t paid enough. He might have a similar experience awaiting him.

• Jib

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:07 PM

Belfast’s ok he was on a couple of days ago
    only made 1 or 2 comments tho’

• chicousa

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:09 PM

Ron,
    Tsunki is one who would benefit from one of Belfast’s subtle barbs as he has started to sound a bit too serious of late! 😉

• Tsunki

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:11 PM

As I said all true, not one of those rugby yarns where jib remembers being a six year old at a 1966 match where Johnny Dee cracks his ankle on a player’s heed and even remembers the foreign recipients name – I suppose it boosts my theory jib might be a savant though….

• chicousa

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Jib,
    Thanks. As ‘religiously’ as I attempt to keep up with the blog, somehow I must have missed his recent posts….imagine that, me missing something like that?! Ah must be getting old… 🙁

• Tsunki

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Belfast’s probably run out of gags again. Usually happens when he gets to the end of a joke book. He’s probably waiting for a new one from AliExpress. Could take months.

• Tsunki

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:16 PM

Usually if you mention jesper a few times Belfast pops up.

• Rob1971

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:19 PM

What has happened to Catchy on here or the Overrated Frenchman, the main Rafa haters have disappeared since our form has improved, surely they don’t just criticise him after defeats? I hope Rafa stays and signs a new contract but I still can’t see it if its true about Ashley wanting to revert to his model of no signings over 25, that will mean no Rondon

• chicousa

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Jesper…Jesper…Jesper

…waiting

• bettyswallocks

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:28 PM

I don’t think we should write off the idea that Hayden might stay. He has come across very much as part of the club and Rafa’s project in his recent interviews and seems to be revelling in his extended run in the team.
    Also don’t underestimate Rafa’s influence and the influence of his team mates who may well prove influential in convincing him to stay.

• chicousa

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:35 PM

Now that both Jib and Tsunki seem to be on I have a question re: Rugby

On Saturday mornings of late NBC has begun showing Six Nations matches following the usual EPL football games. I started to watch one of these offerings and must say was totally baffled as to the rules or point of this sport! It just looked like absolute chaos out there to me. The running and tossing of the ball prior to being tackled was clear enough….but the scrums(?) just looked like gang fighting bedlam played on ones knees. And what the hell is that thing when a team launches one of their players in the air??? 😉

• lesh

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:40 PM

Jib, Chocolate

You must appreciate that Belfast’s wisdom’s been.in great demand. He’ll have been advising Lino (Treeza May, aka Leader in Name Only) on how to deal with the headbangers, the D.U.P and their soulmates.

God help.us.

Hwtl #nufc

• chicousa

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:43 PM

lesh,
    I’ve been called lots of interesting things in my day, but chocolate??? 😛

• DaveD1000

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:44 PM

Chicousa
    extra points are added if you throw them high enuff in the air….

• martoon

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:45 PM

On the over 25 age thing you would hope they could come to a compromise along the lines that a general transfer policy would be to sign 25 and under but if there was a particular player e.g. Rondon that was over 25 but Rafa thought could make a major contribution then he would be allowed to sign him after stating his case.

Something I’ve just thought of is that you would not be allowed to have this policy in any other business on the grounds of ageism but it seems to be acceptable in football?

• chicousa

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:51 PM

DaveD
    Thanks…that seems so logical! We Americans know nothing!

Now about that brexit thing…? 😉

• Jib

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:56 PM

DaveD1000
    😛

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:57 PM

Was actually expecting good things from Muto this season but its not worked out for him!

The arrival of Almiron and also Muto coming back from Asian cup has given Perez a kick up the backside I would say!

Would love in some games to try Muto up front with Rondon and see how that went as I think it could work quite well!

• Optimistic Panda

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:03 PM

Munster

You’re going to criticise me for stereotyping, you’ve got more neck than a Girrafe, you never fail to have a dig at the English.

Have your fellow countrymen realised the potato famine was due to the enormous chip on your shoulder yet?

• DaveD1000

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:08 PM

Jib @20

I know Chicousa has a healthy sense of humour……

• chicousa

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:11 PM

Jib
    Thanks for the link to “Rugby-For-Dummies-3rd-Edition-North-American-Edition”. If I didn’t know full well how polite and friendly you Brits are, I might think that Rugby info manual was having a ‘go’ at your across the pond mates!

Question about the players in the #2 shirts, the “hookers”, do they get paid before or after rendering their “services”??? 😛

• Optimistic Panda

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:12 PM

On Perez.

He definitely divides opinion.

I see hes had admiring glances from Spain and he would probably be better suited to that style.

Overall I see him as a average EPL player, £15m at best which isn’t that much in today’s market.

He always runs and gives the impression hes working hard however I’ve noticed loads of times if he doesn’t fancy battles against certain midfielders or defenders then he makes sure he’s just off the pace. Cant quite get there for the tackle, hes made looking like hes working hard into a art form.

He has 1 game like Everton then 10 like Wham.

I’d upgrade in a heart beat.

• DaveD1000

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:14 PM

you can spot the Hookers a mile off…their killer heels

• Jib

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:16 PM

The hookers usually have no front teeth either
    All the better to ………. never mind

• DaveD1000

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:22 PM

OP
    I thought Ayoze was going to knock doors out of windows for along time, at the start of this season I was finally thinking na get rid. Recently he has had space and support playing as one of the three amigos. I’m back to him being a keeper.

• chicousa

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:23 PM

I feel a bit sorry for Optimistic Panda – trying to have an honest discussion about football while we knuckleheads ramble on about silly things like hookers, Belfast’s joke books and brexit! 😉

• DaveD1000

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:23 PM

mind I could slap him for whinging at refs instead of getting on with it.

• Jib

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Ayoze’s classic Hispanic throwing of arms in the air
    can get very tedious after a while

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Perez is top of all attackers in the premier league for recoveries, interceptions and tackles.

• DaveD1000

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:31 PM

Goals and assists we want him top of Ronaldo

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Dave
    If he played striker then you could ask for being top of goals.

As for creating, in terms of attackers only, he is 6th highest. Behind only hazard, Willian, salah, sterling and zaha.

He is creating chances. Because they are not converted people forget them as they are not recorded as assists.

• Jib

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Chico
    I’m watching “The Graduate” on Sky Movies
    Why does the traffic on the Oakland Bay bridge only go in one direction ?

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:34 PM

Also Dave, four four two stated that outside the top six clubs, only 5 players contributed more than Perez in whole of 2018.

• DaveD1000

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:40 PM

Don’t doubt it Ronaldo

Like I said a few back have always rated him but he seemed to be slogging early this season.

My next prediction for coming good and surprising everyone is Schar…..he has the mad devil Gazza gleam now and again.

• chicousa

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:40 PM

Jib,
    Is that a trick question? The bay bridge is a double decker bridge, one way on each deck!

BTW: Katherine Ross was a stunner back then…

• Tsunki

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:40 PM

Chico you made me laugh saying rugby was confusing and your version of football..well…… 🙂

Hookers in a scrum rarely touch the floor they’re little guys with terminally bruised shins. The idea of a scrum is to have the ball chucked fairly into the middle so both hookers have an equal chance of err hooking the ball back and gaining advantage of possession except it’s not fair and the ball is usually angled to the foot position of his own hooker. Both sides of scrum push from their backsides like crazy trying not to let it get spun around to keep the ball “onside” and the locks basically try to keep tapping the ball forward with their feet if they’re gaining ground, because you can’t reach in and just get it. Can’t let it collapse with your ball in possession or you’ll get a penalty kick against you. It only comes out to the fly half when there’s no ground being gained and then it’s chucked strategically along the back line… line outs are the same “fair” principle of the thrower putting the ball in right down the middle of two lines of opposing players. “Fair” as in the put in is again thrown at a favourable angle and signalled to the player who will be nominated to be helped up by his mates to gain advantageous height to grab it. That’s from memory. Unless a line back has been introduced and it’s called scrimmages now…

Jib will take over from here

• Mister Tuff

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Jib
    Mar 19, 2019 at 4:16 PM

“The hookers usually have no front teeth either
    All the better to ………. never mind”