web analytics

This Talented Player Has Improved So Much Under Rafa In Three Years

It’s fair to say Isaac Hayden has had his best season at Newcastle even though he hardly played until December.

At that time we had injuries to Jonjo Shelvey and Mo Diame – and Ki was headed off to play for South Korea in the Asian Cup.

Hayden partnered local lad Sean Longstaff in the middle of the park and in short, they looked great together and held their own against some of the top six clubs in England – they didn’t look out of place at all.

Isaac Hayden seems to have made great strides this season, and he is still the starter even though Shelvey, Diame, and Ki are all fit and trying to get back into the side.

Isaac Hayden – in action for Newcastle

Hayden has always had the talent, character, and temperament and he will return to the Emirates a much better player than when he left in the summer of 2016.

This is some of what Isaac has said in the Chronicle:

“It’s always nice to go back to the Emirates.”

“It’s a bit different now because they’ve changed the whole regime and I don’t know anybody at the club apart from one or two people.”

“It’ll be nice for family members to go to the game, but we’re just going to try to get the three points.”

“If we get the three points, we’re on 38 points.”

“We just want to get to the safety mark as quickly as possible, and after that see where we can finish.”

“Of course, it’s always a chance to go there and show what you can do.”

“When I left, it wasn’t on bad terms – it was on good terms.”

“I was a young player who wanted to play more regularly and get more football.”

“Obviously, at a club like Arsenal, it’s very difficult, especially when they’re buying in £30M or £40M players.

“You kind of know it’s the time to go.” “I came to another massive club in Newcastle.”

And I’m on the same Premier League platform as them and it’s up to me to show that I’m good enough to be there.”

Hayden may be leaving us this summer to be closer to his family in the south; we’re not sure if things have changed with that over the last few months?

We hope that Isaac has a good game on Monday night and we know how our rivals have fared before the game.

We have 7 games and 21 points to play for before mid-May, and we need two wins to be safe.

What do you think?

• The next Mike Williamson

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:32 AM

Woodman reminds me of Forster. A top keeper who probably isn’t going to get his chance at us.

• The next Mike Williamson

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Hayden’s still very young for a DM and clearly still improving. They tend to shine later in their career. He’s only going to get better.

• Lindisfarne

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:50 AM

Monday night match equals no mention on the Guardians “10 things to look out for”. Hopefully we will be making our own news with a well deserved positive result.

• RobLeenio

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:53 AM

Lindi, reading the Metro on the way into work, the write up of our game didn’t even mention NUFC by name – they referred to us as Arsenal’s ‘opposition’.

Grrr

• Lindisfarne

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:57 AM

• Lindisfarne

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:00 AM

Rob

I am looking forward to the challenge, Unai Emery (?) has definitely changed them but they are not consistent. The more we are seen as a minor inconvenience, the more chance we have of frustrating them and maybe more.

• lesh

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Repost as Jib’s clearly had his instructions from Bishop in trying to justify Ashley’s statement about mailing Debenhams advisors! Has Bishop paid him? 🙂

Jib

I don’t know where you found the narrative you’ve posted @3 (Bishop perhaps?) but in reality Ashley’s made this statement to try to.protect his own investment in Debenhams, his own and nobody else’s!

Has he ever shown concern for small shareholders, employees or their pension arrangements? Perhaps his treatment of SCS employees might give you a clue?

• Jib

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:08 AM

When did Ashley move into sofas ?

• RobLeenio

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:15 AM

Lindi, that’s not a bad point of view – if they see us as a fly to be brushed aside, more chance we can give them a nasty sting.

I hope it works out like that.

You’re right about their consistency, but I do worry about Lacazette and Aubameyang, especially as PEA should have been with NUFC!

• Jib

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Hibbit you’re nearly as dim as Lesh
    Irony goes whoosh over your head

• hibbit

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Jib
    and your just an ignorant twat.
    enjoy your day !!

• RobLeenio

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:28 AM

Mackems getting rinsed by the spiritual successor to Carlos Valderama

• Jib

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:33 AM

you’re

• hibbit

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:36 AM

you’re a prick !!!!!!!!!!

• lesh

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:52 AM

Whoops

Correction to @7

For SCS read USC…….

• lesh

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Jib…… Ashley the caring employer?

Oh yes, tell it to the former staff of USC

• Jib

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:19 AM

Lesh who said he was a caring employer ?
    Certainly not me !
    He’s a bit of a shitbag when it comes to staff.
    I haven’t seen a single poster ever say he’s
    caring employer.
    As usual you are arguing with yourself in pure
    Corbynite fashion.

• RobLeenio

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:19 AM

I took it as Jib saying Ashley wasn’t a caring employer, given that article was slagging Ashley off for only sharing the bonus payment with 10% of SD staff.

I may be wrong in that. The article certainly wasn’t flattering, though I can’t vouch for Jib’s motives.

• DaveD1000

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:32 AM

I blame Jib

• Jib

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:33 AM

quite right Dave

• Jib

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:51 AM

Our form over the las five games has us
    joint 5th with Man U above Chelsea !!!!

• Jib

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:51 AM

last even

• RobLeenio

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:00 PM

Interesting, Jib – interesting that everyone’s been wetting themselves over the ‘transformation’ that OGS has wrought over his billion-dollar squad of global superstars, while Rafa’s reception with his squad of players largely bought for promotion from the Championship has been far more muted.

I say interesting, of course I think it’s a travesty.

Still can’t forgive Solskjaer for that trip on Rob Lee 20 years ago. Dirty little sh!tbag!

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:21 PM

@Robleenio

I just wish Rafa would get the funds that this club should have to punch around our normal weight and above!

Clubs with better investment than us such as Bournemouth , Watford and Everton we are unbeaten against all of them with proper investment we could be overtaking to the level where we can give Arsenal and Chelsea a game !

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:29 PM

Rob you really need to go to the Solskjaer support group meetings.
    Yes he is a little shite, I’m calling to find out if I can Skype.

• Jib

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:31 PM

• RobLeenio

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:41 PM

Nostro, you’re right, I should learn to let go of this anger.

Nah, it’s good to let it fester inside. I sometimes find myself releasing it on random Scandinavians, including some not even originally from that region. Better out than in, I guess…

There hasn’t been much opportunity lately, however.

Swemag, Jesper (anyone other than Catchy), you’re exempt.

• Blofal

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:41 PM

If he does want to go back to Spain then fair enough. We’ve got far more out of him than the $1.8m we spent – and he has always put a shift in. I won’t hold a grudge.

• Posh_Geordie

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:42 PM

Perez prepping to abandon ship if Rafa goes.

Obviously proof Rafa is going to a Spanish club. Maybe a Sunday paper will give me a job haha.

I think if you look at the stats Perez does a lot more for the team than some give credit, a bit like Dummer, although I get why he can easily be frustrating.

• RobLeenio

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:43 PM

LCBP, you see that, I see that, Rafa sees that. Sadly, the one person who really needs to see it is blind… Or stupid.

• Posh_Geordie

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:44 PM

When you type so slow 50 people make them same post while you make it. Dam a fat thumb and a smart phone.

• Posh_Geordie

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Rob

I can give you the numbers of some of my Norwegian friends if you want to shout at them about him? I’d look forward to them telling me about a angry George shouting down the phone at them haha

• Posh_Geordie

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:47 PM

*Geordie

• RobLeenio

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:54 PM

Lol Posh_Geordie, I think I’ll pass, though it’s tempting. I have a few here at work I can make use of if I need to.
    😉

• Jib

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:55 PM

This June , Ayoze has two years left on his contract.
    Good time to cash in as long as we get a good replacement
    Perez will do well in La Liga

• The next Mike Williamson

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:56 PM

It would be great if Man Utd were in a title fight against their rivals and we played their rivals on the last day and let them win on purpose just to teach Solksjaer how it feels to be the cheatee.