web analytics

Almiron Says It’s Fantastic To Play For Newcastle – You Can Feel The Passion

Miguel Almiron has been interviewed in the Telegraph today, and he has vowed that he will get better with more games in the Premier League.

Miguel is still settling in at the club, and he had heard all about Newcastle and their fans before he signed on for us in late January.

And then when he heard Rafa Benitez was keen on signing him it was a no-brainer.

He says he’s been so impressed with the passion he feels on Tyneside from the fans.

But he is clear that there is much more to come from him in a Newcastle shirt, once he gets more acquainted with playing in the Premier League; he says he is learning all the time.

Newcastle paid a record fee for him which is likely to reach a total of £21M with all the add-ons.

We have seen some of Miguel’s skill and speed to burn in his six appearances so far for the Magpies; he has already formed an excellent partnership with Ayoze Perez and Salomon Rondon up front.

Salomon Rondon with Miguel Almiron

And one thing we were worried about – the physically of the Premier League for the slightly built forward – has not been a problem at all.

He has massive stamina and can run all game long and seems to be able to easily handle the physicality – which is part and parcel of the English game.

This is what Almiron has said in the Telegraph:

“In America, football is not one of the main sports, so at Atlanta I could live a normal life,”

“In Newcastle, I am constantly recognized. My job is the same, but it is very different off the pitch.”

“Everywhere I go people ask for photographs and autographs – but it is not a problem.”

“This is why I wanted to make this move; I wanted to play in a high-pressure environment.”

“It has always been my dream to play in Europe, and there was no hesitation when I found out Newcastle were interested.”

“It’s fantastic to be at a club where you can feel the passion of the fans, as well as hear it.”

“It confirmed everything I had been told about this club.”

“When I came to England, everyone talked about the physical side of the game and maybe people thought I would struggle.”

“When I first broke into the first team at Cerro Porteno in Paraguay, people said all the same things.”

“I just did my thing, I got on with proving people wrong.”

“It was nothing new to have those questions at Newcastle.”

“Tthe fans have not seen the best of me, there is a lot more to come. Every game I’m learning from my mistakes, learning about the Premier League.”

“The intensity of the English game, it is even higher than I thought.”

“In every game, you don’t stop running, the pace does not stop, it is relentless, but I have enjoyed every minute.”

Almiron has been aware of the fantastic welcome he has received from the Newcastle fans since arriving in January.

Hopefully, Rafa will be able to bring in one or two talented players like Almiron in over the summer as he raises the quality of the squad slowly but surely.

As far as we can see Miggy already looks like he can become a star player at Newcastle – he seems to have everything it takes.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

• DaveD1000

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:08 PM

Lovin Miggy…am going to get my eyebrows tattooed like his…

• Lindisfarne

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:10 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

Good luck in the new role

• Jib

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:22 PM

Good players are key to getting other good players
    to come to the club

• carltoon

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:28 PM

Repost. Nufc twitter. Photo the team arriving by plane caption. brilliant afternoon for the lads arriving in the capital. Hope that wasn’t sarcasm.

• Jib

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:30 PM

A reminder
    Real Madrid vs Huesca about to start on
    ITV4

• carltoon

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:30 PM

Or The lads have arrived to a glorious afternoon in the capital. Will I ever get it right.

• Jib

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:35 PM

It was posted 2 hours ago
    I’d like to think it was the sound
    of the plane flying over Wembley
    that put Clattermole off.
    😛

• Toon Tang

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Just seen the great news..

Clattermole as well ahahha couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

• lochinvar

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:43 PM

Neil Warnock: Cardiff City boss laments ‘worst refs in the world’ after Chelsea loss

Now while based on today’s performances he might have a point that’s going to cost him at least £60,000 which is what the FA took off Rafa for saying something less direct.

Over to you FA to act fairly and to treat everyone equally.

• Jib

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:52 PM

Warnock delayed his interview , he was
    probably checking with Vincent Tan that
    the club will pay his fine.

• magpie6699

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:59 PM

I’m actually sorry for my Sunderland fan friends. But if it had to be because of one person , I’m glad it was Catterwail. Horrible thug – anybody remember how many Newcastle players he’s crippled?

• carltoon

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:59 PM

He’s right though. About time they did something about these officials. Look at some of the decisions we’ve had to accept of the years.

• carltoon

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:00 PM

Over the years

• Mag52

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:01 PM

The Chelsea equaliser was offside. Why didn’t the linesman spot it ?
    The red card Warnock wanted probably only merited a yellow which the Chelsea player received, IMO.

• Jib

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:02 PM

This is the full transcript of Warnock’s reaction:-

What are you feelings on the officials’ performance?

“I think if anybody was in doubt before today, I think VAR has got to be the answer. They need help and VAR would have sorted the goal out in 10 seconds. We’ve worked on things in the last three weeks and one of them is coming out at corner kicks. And the lads have just said ‘what do we do now gaffer?’ What’s the point? You’ve got to hope the linesman can see it! It’s soul-destroying really.
    “I can understand all the lads being down because we played so well. I was really proud today of everybody. I thought the fans were great, the players responded fabulously. We didn’t want to sit in and not make a game of it. We wanted to enjoy it and I thought we did that. To be done by something that’s not in the game… it’s not something in our coaching that’s cost us the game, it’s soul destroying.

• willowdalerez

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:03 PM

I was skeptical at first coming over as he was from the MLS (which I watch live here in Toronto) it’s a big jump. He also is so small and frail, not built like other small players, Messi and Shaqiri for example must both outweigh him by a stone or two. Still if he can keep having the same impact over a stretch without injury I’ll be really happy. Think Rafa will have him eating and hitting the gym some though he really needs a bit of muscle on him.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:10 PM

Lindi,
    Cheers. Complete change thanks to the past year, but at least the health is under control and life moves on! Smile and move forwards!

• willowdalerez

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Feel badly for Cardiff, I want us to stay safe so great news for us but not this way, that said we’ve had our fair share of bad reffing calls so probably evens out.

• Jib

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:36 PM

If you were Rafa how would you play it tomorrow night ?

See it as a free hit and go gung ho , shit or bust.
    OR
    Play it cautious and try and nick a point

• Chancel My MBembaship

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:47 PM

Rafa is never going to go gung-ho against Arsenal, especially not away from home. He’ll keep our goal difference respectable knowing that it’ll be important at the end of the season. It could gain us a place or two over those around us if we finish on the same points.

He’ll do the usual sensible thing of keeping us tight at the back, and hitting them on the break. Rondon will bully their defenders from start to finish and we might nick a goal from a set piece and hopefully avoid any dodgy decisions in our penalty box!

• Chancel My MBembaship

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:54 PM

Emery will likely play both Lacazette and Aubameyang, and Ozil seems to be preferred at home to provide some creativity. I know Torreira is suspended, which is good. I like him a lot, and they seems to play better with him in the team, so that’s a little boost for us at least!

• one fine day

Mar 31, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Tsunki

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:09 AM

What’s wrong with “No Overtaking” anyway?

? ?

Nothing is wrong with it ,in fact the new shirt design (huge double white lines) actually epitomizes the club we have become under the odious one Maybe we can even incorporate a special “give way ” design worn for cups games too. 🙂
    On a lighter note ..so nice to wake up to the checker trade result.
    more so after the goons partied Saturday night in Trafalgar square like they were bringing back memories of some European jaunt …oh wait…

• lochinvar

Mar 31, 2019 at 10:13 PM

Arsenal need 3 points to move into the top 4 positions so won’t be shy tomorrow about trying to do that but could get very frustrated and become disjointed at the back. Almeron will be able to exploit the gaps and Rafa may put Shelvey back in to feed him the opportunities to unpick their defence, score and set up others such as Rondon and Perez to do the same. 3-1 to the Toon.

• jane

Mar 31, 2019 at 10:14 PM

NEWCASTLE UNITED U23 VS. DERBY COUNTY U23
    Premier League Cup quarter final
    Kick-off 13:00 tomorrow

• baty1963

Mar 31, 2019 at 10:20 PM

I wonder if the Sunderland chairman will still be shouting his mouth off about how big his club is let’s all laugh at Sunderland are they a massive are they f#$k ,made my day even the missus who doesn’t follow football was laughing HWTL ??

• one fine day

Mar 31, 2019 at 10:38 PM

Jane @24
    we should start a petition that winning this should qualify our under 23 for a European place 🙂

• RobLeenio

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:37 PM

I started the day saying I had three predictions, each of which were as likely to happen as each other.

Rafa to stay

1-1 at Arsenal

Me to have roast beef for lunch.

I ended up having chicken

🙁

• RobLeenio

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:42 PM

Canny set of results today, however. Liverpool winning to inject some belief back into their title challenge. Always good to keep that alive for a while longer.

Cardiff losing, though they were unlucky, but hey ho, we’ve had our share of dodgy decisions too and this one was very useful for us.

And then the Mackems. What a scruffy bunch of ‘orrible knackers, their behaviour around London last night was just disgraceful. For Cattermole to be the one to let them down is hilarious.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:14 AM

19 hours 45 Minutes to KO

• NY Mag

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:14 AM

Rob,

You’ve let the side down there mate…..chicken instead of beef….terrible 😀

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:17 AM

Didn’t think the the yellow card booking was even a foul, looked to me that there was a tangle of legs caused by the Cardiff player.

Mind you Warnock had good cause to be a little miffed over some of the other reffing decisions.

• NY Mag

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:21 AM

Bill,

Looked like a foul to me…….but, hey…..what do I know

• chicousa

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:24 AM

Thanks EGB! 😉

• lesh

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Jib had an original thought and it wasn’t a lie.

There’s the first two for April 1st!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:42 AM

Rob
    Not chlorinated chicken I hope! 😉

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:45 AM

Overall it was a good weekend for us, a good win today (tomorrow in the USA) puts us in a very good position.

I really fancy us to win against Arsenal.

• NY Mag

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:47 AM

Bill,

A win would be fantastic…..I’ll be happy with a draw

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:51 AM

NY Mag

If you have a look at the two players running towards the goal, it looks to me that the Cardiff guy puts his leg into the path of the Chelsea player, don’t think it’s intentional but it’s enough to put them both down, for me it’s no foul.

Hard for the ref to spot, so he takes what is the easier option, would have been tough on the Chelsea player if he had got a red though.

• chicousa

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:52 AM

Mercifully this long 16 day gap between matches is about to be over!

I have a strong feeling we will get at least a point and that Almiron will do something brilliant!