web analytics

Report Newcastle Player Was Playing With Injury Last Night

Isaac Hayden was replaced by Ki with 20 minutes to go in the game last night at the Emirates where Newcastle were soundly beaten 2-0 by an in-form Arsenal side.

Hayden had a hip injury, and he was playing with it last night according to the Chronicle.

But it doesn’t seem very serious at all, and maybe he will be able to play on Saturday, but the Newcastle medics will need to assess him.

Newcastle have Ki Sung-yueng and Jonjo Shelvey who are both very keen to get back into the first team.

Isaac Hayden – has a slight hip injury

So if there are any doubts about the 24-year-old then one of those two will get the chance – and it could be the former South Korean International.

This is what Rafa said after the game last night as reported in the Chronicle today:

“We have Hayden complaining a little bit about his hip, but it seems that it’s not very serious.”

We assume Rafa mentioned to the local journalists that Isaac has had the slight injury for a little while now.

And for some reason, Jonjo Shelvey seems to be out in the cold at the moment.

And since Isaac Hayden did not have a very good game against his former club, it may be that Ki or Shelvey will get a start on Saturday.

That is now another crucial game for us, and we have to try to get all 3 points, and that would take us above Crystal Palace in the league.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
10West Ham38-352
11Watford38-750
12Crystal Palace38-249
13Newcastle38-645
14Bournemouth38-1445
15Burnley38-2240
16Southampton38-2039
17Brighton38-2536
18Cardiff38-3534
19Fulham38-3726
20Huddersfield38-5416

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Bambams

Apr 2, 2019 at 2:55 PM

Lascelles was supposedly struggling last night with his groin as well. Certainly not moving well and was caught out by the school yard lob. Never let it bounce.

• G

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:00 PM

For me Diame was the most immobile player I have seen at the Toon. A mate of mine was referring to him as Slow-Mo, which seemed very appropriate. I don’t know if Diame is carrying an injury, but he certainly looked like he was struggling with something. The only player whom really impressed me last night was Ritchie, even though he was caught out with the 1st Disallowed goal. He more than made up with it by that goal line headed save.

• cyprus

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:08 PM

Actually Diame was putting in some crunching tackles and putting them, literally, off balance.

Really, you could pick any player and criticize. Even dubravka, who kept us in it, it could be argued, should have stayed on his line.

We had no one, no one, who could hold on to the ball for more than a couple of seconds, so it was a bad day against a vastly superior side.

My only critique is that we can’t press like other teams, including arsenal last night. None of our players had any time on the ball. Arsenal played even better without the ball…

Anyway, the only team this year whose results matter is Cardiff. Every time they lose we’re one step closer.

• Jib

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:08 PM

In his pre-match presser Rafa mentioned that
    there were a lot of niggles – some of them were
    clearly more severe than the coaches believed

• cyprus

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Rafa is pointing at the CF position and he’s right, but our number one target, Rondon, was playing last night.

What we need is a couple super fast, tricky wingers, who can fly past stubborn defenders and feed the forwards.

• IrishRob

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:21 PM

I’m starting to get a little worried about Miggy. He looses the ball far too much and his positioning is shocking when
    the team is attacking.

He played one good game in 2 months and he needs to play more central like he did that day. He needs to get away from Richie because for whatever reason its becoming a huge problem that he doesn’t pass to Miggy, I’ve said this for the past month and a half and no one listens to me, I’m constantly told things like, if it was an issue Rafa would have sorted it etc…. He purposefully backpasses to avoid the go forward ball to Miggy.

I don’t know what’s going on and why its not being addressed but it could be a huge reason we are not seeing the best out of Miggy going forward.

I’m also very worried Miggy doesn’t have the composure or the physicality to beat players 1v1. From what I’ve seen of him so far the only way I can see him being effective is if he gets picked out with long balls to run onto by JJ or Lejeune, its the only way he’s beating anyone atm.

Its early days yet, but at the same time I haven’t garnered this information from just the last match either.

• IrishRob

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:28 PM

Richie wasn’t good last night, and he’s runining our flow by avoiding Miggy and conversely giving less useful passes to other players namely behind him.

Mo for me was by far our best player last night, even if he is a lumbering red card waiting to happen. I’ve a funny feeling you’re going to see Shelvy start next game. Thinking about it Rafa may have been protecting outlr best Chance at a win come the Palace game.

If he doesn’t flat put start next game then if have strong suspicions he may have had a small fall out with Rafa.

• IrishRob

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:30 PM

Appologies for the spelling errors. I type too fast and forgot to edit before I sent.