web analytics

How Newcastle Stats Compare To Last Season At This Time

During the International break our record this season was identical to that of last season after 31 games played.

We had the same number of wins, defeats, draws, goals scored and goals conceded – and the same number of points – 35.

But last year in our next two games we beat Leicester City 2-1 away and then beat Arsenal 2-1 at home for a famous win.

We were on 41 points last season after 33 games played but then took our foot off the accelerator – and lost four in a row.

And then we smashed Chelsea 3-0 at home to end the season on a high with 44 points in 10th place.

A frustrated Rafa Benitez on the touchline yesterday

We’ll do very well to reach 44 points this season but 10th place now seems out of reach – we are currently 8 points behind Everton in 10th place with a much inferior goal difference.

Maybe we can beat Leicester City again on Friday night at the King Power Stadium?

Premier League SeasonPlayedWonDrawnLostGFGAGDPointsPosition
2017-201838128183947-84410
2018-201938129174248-64513

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Crystal Palace?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:07 AM

The team will take some lifting for Friday evening
    after yesterdays crushing disappointment.
    I do get sick of being right !
    If you check back I said Manquillo should be picked
    ahead of Yedlin.
    😀

• Dennis Twice

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Attack Toon attack, attack!

• Toondog2

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:21 AM

Jib, I detect a similar sense of frustration . See my comment on last Post.

We simply aren’t good enough whatever permutation of players Rafa plays

• Shot Bru

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:23 AM

Personally I think we are pretty much safe this season under Rafa, really hope he stays but can’t see it.

We played Well yesterday, Just Rondon didn’t have his shooting boots on. Palace only had 1 shot on target, and scored from the pen.

If we keep playing like that the rest of the season, we’ll pick up a few more wins for sure.

• Paully

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:29 AM

I think we’ll scrape survival but it’s tiresome, I’ll never stop supporting but it wears you down.

Ashleys last chance to give something to the supporters in the form of backing for Rafa but I’m not holding my breath.

Good luck Rafa, your next club will be lucky to have such a gentleman as yourself.

• Toondog2

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Shot Bru,

I applaud your optimism , Just what I needed this morning.

However we have lost Lejeune and Longstaff,two of our better players, and there are too many inconsistent performances. So Squeaky Bum time. No wonder Rafa is pulling what remains of his Hair out.