web analytics

Rafa Benitez Annoyed About Matt Ritchie Report

Rafa has spoken about Matt Ritchie in his press conference this afternoon and seemed to be annoyed that a story had been put out that said Newcastle would not be offering him a new improved contract.

The story was that if Ritchie wanted to leave the club and look for a bumper contract elsewhere, he could do that.

Well – that story was utterly false, and Rafa made certain everybody knew that – with Matt currently being the heart and soul of this Newcastle side.

Rafa said that with his own future at Newcastle still uncertain how could he speak to Ritchie about his own future at the club?

Rafa Benitez with Matt Ritchie after Burnley win

This is some of what Rafa has said in his press conference;

“I am not happy when I see stories about Ritchie as it’s not true.”

“It was not accurate or right. It can’t be. If I don’t know if I have a contract how can I tell him?”

“It’s just not true. It’s not accurate.”

It seemed a strange story at best, but we thought it was Mike Ashley not wanting to give new deals to players close to 30.

Anyway – that’s one story we can dismiss.

But it’s worrying that things seem at an impasse with Rafa’s contract.

This could be a dangerous time for the club.

Let’s hope Mike Ashley doesn’t mess this one up.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Southampton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Just a fan

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:17 PM

Sorry Betty you have to prove my dishonesty or are you with Mr tuff and his profiling skills.
    “I’ve seen a pattern” what an idiot.
    I’m sure that will hold up in court.
    I’m sure he must have been a headmaster once because I saw a pattern.
    I made that up it’s so easy to make stuff up.

• toon22

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:22 PM

Hiya JIB

• Tsunki

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:26 PM

Jib I know you get a bit of stick for your culturally divisive epithets but I hope you know that our Celtic cousins find the term “Sweaty Socks” less than endearing. To gauge it’s reception may I recommend you shout the term loudly at everyone walking into the A&E entrance of the QE Hospital in Glasgow so that you may cheerily regale the good folk of Paisley with your jaunty wit. That way you’re a handy trolley ride away from the world renowned centre for head injury management. Everybody wins!

😀

• Jib

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:28 PM

• Tsunki

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:30 PM

I know EGB’s anti-plastic crusade has raised hackles because it’s not nufc-related, but the creeping menace of plastic is relevant to football in general – I hear whole swathes of human beings in Manchester footballing communities have actually been replaced entirely by plastic. It’s a living nightmare for these brightly coloured polymer-based zombies 🙂

• lesh

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:33 PM

Just a fan

You don’t help your cause by asking people to prove assertions that Just a Fan is one of Jib’s manifestations.

You protest too much as do those who’ve committed crimes yet insist that their accusers to provide proof!

JaF, yiv been catched bonny lad so put your hands up an admit it – Jib’s a great believer in honesty and he’ll protect you from those nasty nasty posters who make life difficult for you