web analytics

Isaac Hayden’s Difficult Family Situation – In His Own Words

With Isaac Hayden ready to leave Newcastle in the summer for family reasons we thought it may be helpful for fans to rerun the interview he did on March 2nd for the Sun.

In his own words, Isaac talks about how difficult things were before his daughter Adriana was born and how difficult it was for him to play for Newcastle last season.

Isaac makes some excellent points about how important it is to be a real father in life.

We find it very difficult to criticize the 25-year-old wanting to be closer to his fiance Laura and baby daughter.

It’s just that he’s playing so well for Newcastle now since he came into the side last December.

We never thought Isaac could even play as well as he has done over the last five months and he’s been so consistent too.

Isaac Hayden – training in Spain earlier this year

As we’ve said before he is also becoming a leader at Newcastle – both on and off the field.

It looks like fatherhood has done Hayden a world of good – and it certainly makes you grow up very quickly!

This is what Isaac said in The Sun in early March about his situation:

“My daughter’s birth and everything leading up to it was very traumatic, not many people know what it was really like.”

“My fiancée was very, very ill for the whole term of her pregnancy, the whole nine months.”

“She was bed-ridden, couldn’t do anything. She was being sick 20-30 times a day. She had hyperemesis gravidarum, the condition that Kate Middleton had.”

“She was going into hospital to be put on drips. She was in Newcastle at that point, but her family is based in the South West, mine’s in Essex and she really had no support.”

“When Adriana was born in December 2017, she was six weeks premature and then she was in neo-natal care.”

“She had problems with her breathing and temperature control.”

“She was in the Portland Hospital in London. While all that was happening, trying to play football was difficult.”

“She’s doing OK now, but there are still a lot of things, little checks, and stuff, and we like to use the same hospital for her specific needs.”

“I want to be in a place for my daughter to settle down and have a happy home environment and not be moving around too much.”

“Lauren  has done an awful lot for me and given up a lot to have a child.”

“Looking back, I don’t know how she did it. She deserves to be in a position where she’s happy, where’s she’s closer to her family and closer to the hospital.”

“Money isn’t everything. It’s about the time you spend with children, the effort you put in. I want to know her.”

“I don’t want to miss her walking for the first time, talking, all those things. I want to be a proper dad.”

Good for him.

Now is there any way we can do that – and still keep this lad playing for Newcastle United?

🙂

• RobLeenio

May 2, 2019 at 10:06 AM

I think all eyes will be on Rafa at the final whistle on Saturday evening. His body language when he and the team are doing a lap of the pitch may give us an idea of his intentions with regard to his contract.

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2019 at 10:07 AM

OP,
    He’s got to be the only toon fan on the planet hoping we get turned over on Saturday night, calls other people mackems as well 🙄

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2019 at 10:13 AM

RobLeenio,
    Aye it’s going to be a strange one, I’m not sure the fans will be able to replicate the Spurs atmosphere as I think the result will be very different and our backs are going to be against the wall for most of the 90 I think. I was speaking to one of the lads over at .com the other day, he reckons Rafa isn’t going to get anywhere near the control he wants and will only stay if he doesn’t get an offer elsewhere. If he does stay on the terms he’s on now I think he’ll lose his God like status as all he’ll be doing is keeping us afloat to line Mikey’s pockets and it won’t end well, if he doesn’t get what he feels he needs to make us a success I hope he walks.

• hibbit

May 2, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Jail
    you have to ask yourself is he a Toon fan or a Troll that happens to spend his days on here 😉

• RobLeenio

May 2, 2019 at 10:21 AM

Jail, I can’t see him staying if he can’t reach some kind of agreement with the owners, whether he has an offer elsewhere or not. The only argument against that is that he does not stand alone – any decision he makes directly impacts his coaching team also, many of whom will not be as financially secure as he is. He may be able to afford 6 months out of the game, I’m not sure his coaches could say the same.

So, job security is one factor, but integrity I think is a bigger factor. If he can’t see a future for his proyecto, he’ll call an end to it.

That said, I still think an agreement will be reached. It may already be in place in broad terms, for all we know.

As for the atmosphere on Saturday, you know better than me how the atmosphere changes based on events on the pitch, but I think a more boozy crowd than normal will kick things off well and if we get an early goal, it could swell massively.

Hard to know what kind of performance Liverpool will be able to put in, they must have been knackered after last night.

• toon22

May 2, 2019 at 10:25 AM

I doubt MA will even talk to him before his contract ends

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 2, 2019 at 10:34 AM

This game is going to require us to be brave on the ball as we will be getting pressed really high up the pitch so Lascalles and Dummett will especially need to watch they do as they are always looking to hoof it under pressure which might make us lose it in dangerous areas!

Most of Liverpool’s play comes from the wide areas so whoever plays on the wing for us is going to be doing an awful lot of tracking back especially on Robertson’s side! Could play Yedlin and Manquillo together might make a complete full back 🙂

Also ED I hope you are okay mate!!

• The next Mike Williamson

May 2, 2019 at 10:50 AM

If Messi can stay fit another 2-3 years he should end his career with twice as many league goals as Alan Shearer! That is some record. Although being a Geordie I’d argue Shearer had injuries and was in a worse team in a tougher league.

• Mindshaft

May 2, 2019 at 10:52 AM

Hard to see anything other than a defeat on Saturday evening, then again you never know – they play badly, we play out of our skin anything can happen.

Re: Rafa – I wouldnt be surprised if Fatty just lets contract expire and doesn’t talk to rafa at all – he will the cite he offered him 50 million a year transfer fees, Charnley has already came out and said they ain’t upgrading training facilities – trouble is the 50 million includes lifetime of contract so it’s basically one 20 million pound player on 20k a week

• The next Mike Williamson

May 2, 2019 at 10:56 AM

I was meant to say club goals, not league goals. Many of Messi’s 600 club goals come from the champions league.

• martoon

May 2, 2019 at 11:01 AM

It’s going to be tough on Saturday but whatever happens I hope fans stay back and show their appreciation because considering the start we had I think the team has done very well and you can never fault their effort even if we don’t always have the quality.

• lesh

May 2, 2019 at 11:05 AM

RobLeenio

The big question is really whether Ashley show up on Saturday.

If he does, it’d suggest a conversation with Rafa and if not, well, it doesn’t bear thinking about

• hibbit

May 2, 2019 at 11:06 AM

the way things are panning out it could easily more than just Rafa’s last game at St James #IfRafaGoesWeGo

• martoon

May 2, 2019 at 11:08 AM

To be honest Lesh I don’t think he will show up but I wouldn’t read anything into that – with the evening KO by the time Rafa has done his media commitments you’d be talking about negotiating at 11pm onwards!

• RobLeenio

May 2, 2019 at 11:11 AM

lesh, I’m not sure Ashley is vital to the conversation. Yes, he’s vital to the strategic direction and policy of the club and will guide the conversation, but Rafa has said many times that Charmless remains his sole Point of Contact.

Obviously you’d hope Ashley would be there anyway, given it’s the last home game of the season and he should be congratulating the squad and coaching staff on a job well done, but don’t hold your breath.

• The next Mike Williamson

May 2, 2019 at 11:16 AM

It’s a bit crap if the 50m includes wages. A decent player will be on at least 3m a year over 5 years. Not sure how much we can raise from sales this year either. Nearly every player we can sell will need to be replaced by someone costing at least as much if not more. If we sell Hayden, Shelvey & Diame for 35m, it will cost at least 35m to bring 2 midfielders in and at that price they won’t be guarenteed.

I’m going to say exactly the same as I said last summer. Sell Ritchie and bring in Jarrod Bowen. Sell deadwood Clark, Darlow and Atsu for about 25m. I’d add Murphy in this time round. I’d still be keen on Mooy, Cairney, Abrahams, and Bryan too. This time round from the champiionship I think Che Adams, Bradley Dack, Benrahma, and McBurnie are worth thinking about. One or two of them will be this years Maddison. Outside the championship I’d look at Martinez from Venezuela.

• The next Mike Williamson

May 2, 2019 at 11:18 AM

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2019 at 11:19 AM

Robleenio,
    How can he thrash out a deal when the only person able to agree to the demands isn’t there. “I want 20M spent on facilities”
    “Ok, I’ll get back to you”
    “You can have 10M”
    “15M”
    I’ll get back to you.
    It doesn’t work.

• martoon

May 2, 2019 at 11:26 AM

Jail @298 you’re right direct talks between Rafa and Ashley would be the most obvious way but I’ve a horrible feeling it’s not going to happen!

• Rotonda heights

May 2, 2019 at 11:33 AM

This is getting worrying now. I wonder if Ed’s lad could come on and update us.

• Wayayman

May 2, 2019 at 11:48 AM

Yeah, this lack of updates is worrying. Really hoping Ed is ok.

• RobLeenio

May 2, 2019 at 11:51 AM

Jail, I didn’t set the conditions for the negotiation. I’m just saying how it is. This is why things take so long to be decided at NUFC.

Add in a potential extra layer with Justin Barnes and, well, it’s not ideal….

• Shoulders knees

May 2, 2019 at 11:51 AM

Hoping things are ok Ed, we are all rooting for you.

• DubaiMicky

May 2, 2019 at 11:52 AM

TnMW, The biggest shame if Rafa leaves now, is we never got to see what he could do with a half decent budget.

That is so very true.

Guys, let’s go with the “No news is good news” with regard to Ed eh?

He’s in all of our thoughts at the minute.

• ben.g

May 2, 2019 at 12:12 PM

Hope Ed’s okay, maybe just called away quickly.

• lesh

May 2, 2019 at 12:13 PM

RobLeenio, Martoon

I agree with Jail inasmuch as Ashley’s the one who dictates the terms and all Charnley’ll have is limited scope for negotiation with Rafa.

It’d make more sense (what, with Ashley in charge?) for Rafa to deal directly with Ashley rather Penfold/ Barnes whose presence will only build delay into the process.

If Ashley genuinely wanted Rafa to stay, he’d involve himself in discussions – as he did when he signed Wijnaldum, Sissoko and others for McClaren.

• martoon

May 2, 2019 at 12:15 PM

I’m wondering if there’s a limit to the maximum number of comments allowed on one blog page – I guess we may find out!

• Moonraker15

May 2, 2019 at 12:21 PM

So! Liverpool 0-3 down at half time! They can still win the tie; just ask Rafa!
    But play a weakened team v Newcastle on Saturday! Lol

• Moonraker15

May 2, 2019 at 12:28 PM

Ashley used this tactic with Shearer, who was just allowed to walk away when his contract expired.
    He’s a very strange person in negotiations and does he even have an opinion on Rafa?
    If Rafa leaves we’re back to square one!
    Come on Ashley prove you actually have a heart!

• Tom4Nufc

May 2, 2019 at 1:12 PM

Ditto everyone else’s comments – I hope all is well with you Ed.

• Kristina Van

May 20, 2020 at 3:38 PM

I found Robinson buckler: how he helped people in the world to cure HSV, with Herbal Medicine he Cured My Herpes type 2 and i came out Negative after using the Herbal Medicine sent to me. I give thanks to God that i am healed completely. He is the best Traditional Herbal doctor in the world, He can also cure Weak Erection, Contact his Email Robinsonbuckler { @yahoo }. com___________________________

1 6 7 8