web analytics

Fabian Schar – We’ll Do Everything For A Good Result

Fabian Schar has been one of our best players this season, and he will be an important player for us in our final home game tonight when we play second top Liverpool.

Liverpool are a point behind Manchester City with a poorer goal difference, and if City wins their last two games, there’s nothing Liverpool can do about it.

Fabian Schar – an important player for us tonight

They need to win their final two games including the game tonight at Newcastle.

Here’s what Fabian has said about the game tonight:

“We’ll see what happens,”

“We will try to get a result. We’re just looking for our result. We want to get some points.”

“We’ll do everything in this game. We want to win all our games. This is our last home game.”

“This is the only thing we’re looking for – the rest is not in our hands.”

“Clearly it’s going to be a really tough game. We have to be perfect to get something.”

“That’s what we’re looking for.”

“We want to win games. We’ll do everything for a good result.”

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Liverpool?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• sing in the corner

May 4, 2019 at 9:48 AM

Ashley communicates with Charnley, with Bishop, Barnes and other low life types. Why not communicate with the team manager?
    A meeting every few months even?
    No. Because he is a devious swine who doesn’t want to be asked straight questions he can’t answer.

• JohnJ

May 4, 2019 at 9:48 AM

I definitely want Newcastle United to win every game they play including today but I’d be chuffed if Man City stumbled and Liverpool won the Prem…….but I’d just love it if we won 4 – 3 today!!!

Although I bleed Black & White blood I much prefer Liverpool over Everton & Man U over Man City

🙂

• toon22

May 4, 2019 at 9:48 AM

At least were not going to get the sale lie this summer,theyve got the managers contract lie to tide them over till August

• Munster Mag

May 4, 2019 at 9:55 AM

Sitc, well whinge all you want re Ashley if that makes you feel better. Good luck to you. Reality is more like what robleenio has said.

• Nostradamus the Geordie

May 4, 2019 at 9:57 AM

Imagine Newcastle town center tonight if Newcastle Win, what a party that’s going to be.
    Then imagine Florida where MA is, what a party that going to be.
    I can see it now, hey Rafa you beat Man City and Liverpool this year, how much did you think you needed when you can beat the champions and the runner ups.
    Trust me I want the win but you know Ashley will use it to his advantage, he hasn’t got the brain to see what could be, only what was.

• sing in the corner

May 4, 2019 at 10:13 AM

Fair enough, Call it whingeing if you like Munster.
    But don’t expect to be called out for your whingeing in future then, you see?
    Some wouldn’t call it whingeing fella. They would see it as emphasising a very valid point.

• sing in the corner

May 4, 2019 at 10:14 AM

You also called it pointless. I don’t agree with you there, hence I commented.

• lochinvar

May 4, 2019 at 10:19 AM

Charlie@19
    Last game of the season meant to be a short sleeved affair basking in the sun
    It’s bloody freezing on Tyneside with scuffs of hail and snow and a cad north easterly
    F**kin freezin’

…..but not cold enough yet to put any shirt on ?
    Stay true to nature, bare chest it is then.
    Let’s show those southernish softies from Liverpool what the True North is made of.

• Just a fan

May 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Mr tuff said ny guy would be beat up if he was over here.what a gent.

• toon22

May 4, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Hiya JIB

• Just a fan

May 4, 2019 at 10:36 AM

As I recall the faires cup was originally for cities.
    Therefore I believe Birmingham had a team comprised of players from West Bromwich Aston villa and Birmingham city.london likewise from various teams.

• posada

May 4, 2019 at 10:46 AM

Fairs Cup.
    Don’t think that is right re teams being formed from more than one club.
    Purely off the top of my head. I have not Jiboobled it.
    Think it was more simple.
    Only one club allowed from each city.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 4, 2019 at 10:50 AM

Lochinvar
    To old for barring my chest – might not of mellowed – but gone soft as far as the weather is concerned

• Pain in the Blog

May 4, 2019 at 10:52 AM

Sing,

I agree with your assessment of Ashley’s behaviour. I think that he is avoiding meeting with Rafa because – like all bullies – he likes the odds to be stacked in his favour for every discussion in his various businesses. He knows that Rafa is more than a match for hime face to face and so he is avoiding it. He would rather lose Rafa and much of the value of his asset than lose face.

• toon22

May 4, 2019 at 11:03 AM

MA let Shearer leave with talking too the guy
    What’s the difference this time ?

• Just a fan

May 4, 2019 at 11:06 AM

Posada
    Well that’s my recollection but my memory may be playing tricks.

• simon376

May 4, 2019 at 11:31 AM

Put on Soccer AM, Rafa interview after the break and contract is being talked about. Looking at the preview clip things, does look positive I thinks

• Munster Mag

May 4, 2019 at 11:33 AM

Sing fair enough. If giving out yards about Ashley works, then fire away. But don’t criticise me if I occasionally (yes, it’s very seldom but guys like to highlight it to lambasted me, not that I care much) highlight a game where I think rafa has been too Conservative,like against a bottom 6 team at home. Anyway, all opinions etc. Neither of us will change anything. Respect etc.

• Mister Tuff

May 4, 2019 at 11:39 AM

moanster -(Jib’s trusted deputy ) top of the morning to ya.
    Stop your whinging like an old granny. Your use of the word conservative with a capital C is wrong should be a small c.

• Munster Mag

May 4, 2019 at 11:42 AM

Tks for the soccer AM rafa tip off, watching now.

• Munster Mag

May 4, 2019 at 11:43 AM

Just a predictive Tuff, give over.

• Ron Knee

May 4, 2019 at 11:44 AM

COYS! – although they often disappoint us.

• simon376

May 4, 2019 at 11:48 AM

No bother
    After watching it, got yo say 99.9% certain he will sign up and stay, or he should get an Oscar.
    Let’s just hope a sale can actually come very soon and we can all take Toon 22 out for a drink to celebrate

• Munster Mag

May 4, 2019 at 11:49 AM

Good interview although nothing on the contract as such. Cool guy.

• carltoon

May 4, 2019 at 11:51 AM

Charlie in the Gallowgate, watch out for the flag. Don’t want you crushed.

• simon376

May 4, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Your right, very little on the contract, but way he came across, I’m sure closer to staying

• Hail Wor Ashley

May 4, 2019 at 12:00 PM

I’m going for a 2-2 draw.

Liverpool will not be at their peak physically after midweek and a long season, even if they make a few changes. We should be high intensity pressing from the first whistle – Muto ahead of Atsu for this reason.

Add in the nerves they will surely be feeling, evening ko with the crowd rocking, final game of the season at home with a chance to impress the watching world and impact the outcome of the league. Rafa against his 1st love in England – Liverpool, as much as he has his place there I think given his character and integrity he would love to thwart another manager from achieving what he didn’t.

The players couldn’t ask for any more motivation.

The stage is set for a thriller.

• lochinvar

May 4, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Carltoon@65
    Charlie in the Gallowgate, watch out for the flag. Don’t want you crushed.

Maybe the flag is really just a thermal blanket to keep the Gallowgateites warm on a cold night.

• IrishRob

May 4, 2019 at 12:05 PM

It doesn’t make any sense to me because we could just as easily get hammered tonight, but I really have a bad feeling for Liverpool, it just feels like it’s in the air like we are going to cause an upset.

• Hail Wor Ashley

May 4, 2019 at 12:19 PM

IrishRob

I think that will will be in their psyche too 🙂 the common unconscious. Physically and psychologically they should be vulnerable, I hope the players can smell it. Could be another memorable night for the Toon.

• carltoon

May 4, 2019 at 12:21 PM

Lochinvar. Big blanket. My name’s on it. I wonder if I can catch a glimpse of it from the Platinum Club.

• carltoon

May 4, 2019 at 12:24 PM

I just hope we play well. I would love revenge for the 2 four three’s but I think it will be a very hard task.

• Jib

May 4, 2019 at 12:32 PM

carltoon
    beat LPool and Fulham and we’ll be on 48 points
    If results go our way we could end up 11th which would be
    remarkable after the start we had

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 4, 2019 at 12:33 PM

7 Hours 11 Minutes to KO

• RobLeenio

May 4, 2019 at 12:35 PM

toon22
    May 4, 2019 at 11:03 AM
    MA let Shearer leave with talking too the guy
    What’s the difference this time?

This time, whether Ashley gets personally involved or not, Rafa is not going anywhere.

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 4, 2019 at 12:38 PM

Just an idle thought but I was wondering in other Toon blogs have representatives of MAs PR team on them, or is it only Eds?

Quite a compliment to Ed if that is the case.

• RobLeenio

May 4, 2019 at 12:39 PM

Looking forward to the match tonight. Liverpool are very easy on the eye, watching the likes of Salah is never a chore.

Obviously I’d rather we were competitive, but if we’re not then fine, there’s nothing riding on it from our point of view and I’ll enjoy sitting back and watching the skills on offer.

That match on Wednesday was a treat to watch, I expect tonight to be the same. If we can get a result, it will add a fantastic gloss, but the event will be something special whatever.

• RobLeenio

May 4, 2019 at 12:40 PM

Bill, I’m only paid to be on this one
    😉

• hibbit

May 4, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Essex Geordie Bill

not many other toon blogs have posters never mind ashLIE plants

😉