web analytics

Benitez Eyeing Another Top Youngster To Sign This Summer

Newcastle are said to be interested in signing 20-year-old Coventry midfield star Tom Bayliss this summer.

The Sunday People reported yesterday that the Magpies are one of at least four clubs interested in signing the Coventry player.

Brighton, Leeds, and Middlesbrough are the other clubs said to be interested.

Tom made his breakthrough into the Coventry team last season and has so far has played 74 times for the Sky Blues with 9 goals and 7 assists.

Rafa will be looking in every transfer window for signings he can make of potential top up-and-coming players and the central midfielder is one of those,

The Leicester born playmaker has picked up two caps at the England U19 level.

20-year-old Coventry central midfield star Tom Bayliss

We should be hearing of Newcastle targets this week when we come to the end f another very top season for Newcastle fans at the club.

Our final game is at Fulham on Sunday, and the search for better players for Newcastle will start in earnest after that game.

What do you think?

• Jail for Ashley

May 6, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Absolutely priceless, Jiblets accusing someone with no history of bullshitting whatsoever of being a bullshitter. This coming from a man who at some stage in his life met every single prominent footballer, installed satellite dishes in the houses of the rich and famous, worked on ships he can’t remember the names of and has been a “‘face” on the sixties music scene despite being really young. He’s also been involved with politics, campaigning tirelessly for shipyard closures, yes good old Jiblets, we can assume must be in between thr ages of 60 and 103 😮

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 6, 2019 at 3:57 PM

Ed
    I think the players we sign will be the ones we sign at some point in the window!

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 6, 2019 at 3:58 PM

But I’m confident Jonjo will not be leaving!

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Close Jait

I used to drink with Jinky and Ray Ellison (both taxi drivers)
    knew Moncur (also a taxi driver) that leaves a few hundred
    footballers I don’t know.
    I have installed sat for some well known folk – not many.
    I worked in a shipyard in Trieste when quite young and
    visited Genoa on their behalf a couple of times.
    Never sailed that’s why I didn’t answer Hibbit.
    Never claimed to be a “face”
    Met Chi Onwura when SHE was working tirelessly
    to prevent Swan Hunters closing.

quite simply I don’t bullshit – I’ve done enough that I don’t have to

• Mister Tuff

May 6, 2019 at 4:03 PM

What about Jibs other activities – lecturer in Modern European History and a lecturer in Psychology and his job as a postman.

Jib mentioned his maritime activities in Genoa, Italy. The only seafarers I know connected to Genoa are Christopher Columbus and his younger brother Jib Columbus who was a deck hand on the Santa Maria. His nickname was Genoa Jib. He was born in 1452. So Jib must be 567 years old.

I think his taxi must be a DeLorean .

• hibbit

May 6, 2019 at 4:08 PM

Jib
    would that be the Cartubi or Fincantier yard

• Mister Tuff

May 6, 2019 at 4:13 PM

cue – frantic Google searches.

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 4:13 PM

Ficantieri actually – they have a yard in Genoa also.

Look up “Genoa Sail” and you may get a clue where my nickname comes from

• Munster Mag

May 6, 2019 at 4:16 PM

If rafa stays he’ll need a holiday. I don’t think he’s had one in a few years.

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 4:21 PM

Rafa’s an obsessive
    Holidays don’t interest him

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 4:25 PM

I guess Rafa – with Ireland , China and the short window
    won’t have time for the UEFA elite coaches forum in Nyon

• Mister Tuff

May 6, 2019 at 4:26 PM

Off topic.

Somebody was talking about Druridge Bay the other day. Folk need to support local enterprises.
    Coquet Shorebase Trust provide water activities on Ladyburn Lake at Druridge Country Park. You can
    take your kids or yourselves along to try out sailing, canoeing, kayaking and paddle boarding just for a
    couple of quid. They have all the facilities there – changing rooms/showers etc.

• Jail for Ashley

May 6, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Jib

Aug 15, 2018 at 2:19 PM

Genoa is a brilliant place probably the best port I’ve visited
    and I’ve visited loads
    We used to take some of the smaller diesel donkeys to the
    Iveco workshop for servicing which I think is the one that was
    crushed by the A10 flyover – you can imagine my thoughts
    when I saw the pics.

• Jail for Ashley

May 6, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Mmmm
    I can smell manure?

• Munster Mag

May 6, 2019 at 4:41 PM

Jail didn’t one of the bloggers ask people like me and you to stop having a go at each other. Jib is clearly intelligent enough to stand up for himself but digging up old posts is a bit sad surely?

• Munster Mag

May 6, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Speaking of manure, no champs league for them. Pmsl

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 4:46 PM

Jail for Ashley
    I can smell manure?
    Really ?
    Anyone else see a conflict in my two posts ?

Jail (or Davey no mates as he’s known)
    is clutching at straws and managing to make
    himself look envious and dopey at the same time.
    😀

• Mindshaft

May 6, 2019 at 4:53 PM

Sorry Jib but we all know your name was simply a misspelling of Jizz

• Mindshaft

May 6, 2019 at 4:54 PM

Sorry mate, schoolboy humour was impossible to resist

• 9

May 6, 2019 at 4:55 PM

It’s hard to believe from recent posts that Ed set this up to discuss NUFC!

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 4:55 PM

I’d really like Leicester to beat Man City tonight
    just to make the final Sunday more interesting.
    I’d better be careful the Chuckle brothers will
    accuse me of being a Foxes fan.
    😛

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 4:56 PM

Mindshaft

😀

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 4:57 PM

Apologies
    I ignore the thickos 90% of the time

• Mindshaft

May 6, 2019 at 5:11 PM

I don’t care who wins the league if it’s not us , I’m more interested in who we’ll be fighting relegation against next season
    My picks …
    Brighton
    Norwich
    Sheff Utd
    Southampton
    Crystal Palace
    Watford (surprise pick )
    And whoever comes up from playoffs

• Mindshaft

May 6, 2019 at 5:12 PM

Who does everyone think we’ll be there with us ?

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 6, 2019 at 5:16 PM

I suspect Shelvey may well leave, simply because he would very probably start at every other club outside the top six and Ki is now very regularly stopping him from doing that at Newcastle. Both are EPL starters and if Rafa doesn’t think they can play together then I think one will be off.

I thought that they might be able to play in tandem but seeing the way Hayden and Longstaff were consistently getting to the ball first and winning 50 50’s made me realize that if you have a really effective ball winner as an option in midfield then you’ve got to play him.

Winning possession is paramount to winning football games and both Ki and Shelvey probably do need someone beside them winning the ball for us to be at our most effective.

I hope they both stay. They are top notch and provide great competition for each other. But I have my doubts because they both need to play and there’s only one slot open.

• Novocastrian66

May 6, 2019 at 5:19 PM

Mindshaft; Burnley and whoever is promoted in the playoffs.

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 6, 2019 at 5:23 PM

We’ve been a decent side for the last 3/4’s of this season, so if Rafa is encouraged enough to sign another deal there’s little reason to think we’ll be looking at a relegation fight next term. Upper mid table aiming at 7th.

• Mindshaft

May 6, 2019 at 5:27 PM

Novo – agree, forgot about them – oh and manure if ogs somehow manages to keep his job )

• Average_Contents

May 6, 2019 at 5:28 PM

No chance, not with those 3 powerhouses competing for his signature….

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 6, 2019 at 5:59 PM

“You don’t have to spend £200m, it’s a question of doing things at the right moment and the right way. We have to be sure we have the tools to compete at the level we want to compete.”

Rafa is our champion and my personal hero 🙂 .

Tilting at windmills………where’s ya heed at Mike Ashley? Don’t blow this, do not, you rotter.

I couldn’t take it. I really couldn’t.

• jazzyp

May 6, 2019 at 6:11 PM

Danny Welbeck eh. who next Andy carroll??

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 6:14 PM

I believe Jan Hurtado could interest Senor Benitez
    He’s Big Ron mkll but he’d need some time with
    the Venezuelan to learn the PL ropes.

• DubaiMicky

May 6, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Jib,

Fair play to you, I know we don’t agree on a lot of things, but I’ll pipe up for you as a decent Toon fan.

That said this shows the problem with the Toon fans as a whole; we segregate, we don’t come together for the one aim, we all have different views on everything and always have done.

Jib, I’d more than happily have a beer with you.

• beermonkey

May 6, 2019 at 6:38 PM

dubai

have u been hacked lol

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 6:40 PM

cheers Mick
    beermonkey
    😀

• beermonkey

May 6, 2019 at 6:41 PM

the frog will now claim that dubai is one of jibs alts

• Jib

May 6, 2019 at 6:44 PM

He is

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 6, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Jib
    You’ve got a DeLorean, wow, I’m impressed!