web analytics

Report – Newcastle After Olympiacos Holding Midfielder

In a report in the Evening Standard, Newcastle are said to be keen on signing Olympiacos defensive midfielder Mady Camara.  Could this be the replacement for want-away Isaac Hayden?

Mady Camara – Promising young Guinean international

Mady Camara only just joined Olympiacos from AJ Ajaccio in the summer. He left the Corsican club on free to join the Greek giants.

He has impressed thus far in the Greek Super League making 36 total appearances with an impressive six goals.

Camara recently received a new contract at Olympiacos after just six months at the club. His current deal runs through 2023.

The report does go on to say that Watford is also interested in this player and that would be his preferred destination.

However, a move to Newcastle United to play under Rafa Benitez could certainly be a draw.

With the possibility of three midfielders leaving this summer, he fits the type of player Newcastle will be tracking.

Camaa just turned 22 in February and could greatly improve in the Premier League.

Olympiakos having just agreed on improved terms with Camara and will desperately try to hold on to him.

The pull of the Premier League will be tempting to the Guinean.

We will keep an eye on this player as we like the look of him.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Fulham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Oldgit1

May 9, 2019 at 10:50 PM

RIP Freddie Starr.

• NY Mag

May 9, 2019 at 10:51 PM

has anyone else noticed that Neil is posting a lot of reports (as well as Ed)
    or has it always been that way and I’ve not noticed before?

• RobLeenio

May 9, 2019 at 10:58 PM

Wow, the blog’s been a bit mental tonight. Just got caught up, but it looks like a right ding-dong, probably happy to miss it all, folk lashing out all over the place. Even NY Mag took a glancing blow lol.

• RobLeenio

May 9, 2019 at 10:59 PM

NY Mag, I hadn’t noticed – I guess I’ve never paid attention to the by-line, assuming it’s all Dr Ed.

I wonder if Neil is getting set to take over?

• Munster Mag

May 9, 2019 at 11:00 PM

Only a bit of fun Rob, by and large. Had a look about Mady, seems a strong link to Watford.

• RobLeenio

May 9, 2019 at 11:01 PM

Has anyone even mentioned the 4 English teams in European finals? Has that ever happened before, for any country? I bet it hasn’t. The Europeans must be sick.

• RobLeenio

May 9, 2019 at 11:04 PM

Looked like you were having fun, Munster. Couldn’t believe some were taking you seriously….

• NY Mag

May 9, 2019 at 11:04 PM

Rob @4,

I thought the same thing, but didn’t want to wish Ed into an early blog retirement
    But now you’ve said it…..I can hide behind you 😉

• bill

May 9, 2019 at 11:09 PM

RobLeenio,

Some people take others at face value until otherwise known. I have never been one to give anything other my own opinion. Anything other than that I feel would be dishonest of me.

• martoon

May 9, 2019 at 11:09 PM

NY Mag – I hadn’t noticed about Neil until you mentioned it – it’s probably because Ed has been suffering recently with a Hiatus Hernia I think he said.

• RobLeenio

May 9, 2019 at 11:12 PM

How long has Ed been running this blog for? 12 years or something? He’s got to be thinking about handing it on somehow, who better to hand it to than his son?

If that’s the case, I reckon Ed’ll get on here as a contributor more often (as opposed to the author). He’ll not be able to stay away for long.

• RobLeenio

May 9, 2019 at 11:14 PM

Fair play, bill. No harm done, I reckon.

It’ll be interesting in a couple of months when Jail picks up on those posts and throws them back at Munster, though.

#fireworks

• Munster Mag

May 9, 2019 at 11:44 PM

Jail, he’s only a gowl :). Sometimes we get on OK Rob when we cool the jets a bit. He’s Toon fan and scousers irritate him so we hVe much in common really!

• jane

May 9, 2019 at 11:49 PM

my first impression of Neil’s articles is very good, well researched and written.

• ronaldo aarons

May 10, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Yeah not sure what went off earlier like. Unbelievable Jeff indeed.

• ronaldo aarons

May 10, 2019 at 12:21 AM

I didn’t notice the Neil Harrison part either.

Wagwan Neil 😀

When you posting on here?

Or are you actually Jarra Mick?

If I don’t hear a reply I will just assume you are 😉

• NY Mag

May 10, 2019 at 12:26 AM

Now now Ronaldo,
    That’s not a very nice welcome 🙂

• ronaldo aarons

May 10, 2019 at 12:26 AM

Munster
    To be fair, it’s not just the lesser sides in the league that you’ve criticised our defensive set up for this season. I recall a couple debates we had, especially the Chelsea game at home at the start of the season as one where you went in a little.

• ronaldo aarons

May 10, 2019 at 12:28 AM

Ny
    Just hoping to fish out a response 😉

• ronaldo aarons

May 10, 2019 at 12:32 AM

Unrelated to Nufc but I’ve been in the car and was listening to talk sport. Can’t believe the measures fans are going to have to go through to get to Baku lol europa league final. But the kick in the teeth is only 6000 each have been allocated to each club. A massive 35000 have been issued for corporates and I think the rest allocated for locals.

Shocking but not surprising.

• NY Mag

May 10, 2019 at 12:33 AM

Fair do’s……nothing like a juicy worm to get a nibble 🙂

• NY Mag

May 10, 2019 at 12:34 AM

I suppose corporates is where the big money is – so no surprise there

• ronaldo aarons

May 10, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Many of the corporates are given away, just the fans that get shafted really as a lot end up on resale sites where they make a killing financially. So somebody makes money along the line, just not the way it should be done.

To only allocate a 70000 seater stadium to final sides of 12000 between them is a joke like.

Happens every year.

• NY Mag

May 10, 2019 at 12:52 AM

I’m sure both Arsenal and Chelsea fans are well peeved – but Baku is definitely not on “my places to visit” list

• lesh

May 10, 2019 at 1:10 AM

Jib @14

I’m sure Neil’ll and his father will be delighted that your ‘first impression of Neil’s articles is very good, well researched and written’.

Such an accolade from such a learned person.

• lesh

May 10, 2019 at 1:16 AM

ronaldo aarons
    The more I read of Munster’s, the more I think he’s Catchy or even another of Jib’s aliases.

I wonder how many people people actually post on here, not names but humans?

• NY Mag

May 10, 2019 at 1:21 AM

Howay Lesh,

I think you’re seeing ‘reds under the bed’ here – you’re so much better than that, surely?

• lesh

May 10, 2019 at 2:24 AM

NY Mag

Reds under the bed? I’m not so sure.

Some names’ posts seem to share linguistic style and language and their themes are similar (eg Rafa’s tactical nous), or they’re posting comments that are both provocative and so out of kilter with popular opinion by almost justifying Ashley’s motives and actions. If such posters are around, why do they do it?

• lesh

May 10, 2019 at 2:25 AM

Any NY and all, I’m off. Have a good day.

• NY Mag

May 10, 2019 at 3:16 AM

Goodnight Lesh,

alli can say is that if you suspect a poster of being fraudulent (ie. not posting an honest opinion, whether you agree with it or not)
    Then it’s best that you simply ignore them.

• toon22