web analytics

Pundit Predicts Fulham vs Newcastle – As Cottagers Announce New Manager

It’s the final day of the Premier League season on Sunday with all games kicking off at 3:00pm.

The three relegated teams will be Huddersfield, Fulham, and Cardiff City and we will be playing one of those teams, Fulham at Craven Cottage – and we need a win in the game to finish the season on a high.

The Premier League title will be won by either Manchester City or Liverpool (for the first time ever) with City being the favorites.

Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson very rarely predicts a win for Newcastle and good to form – Merson thinks it will be a 2-2 draw on Sunday at Fulham.

That will be a big disappointment if that turns to be the scoreline after we have picked up just one point in the previous two games at Brighton and home to Liverpool.

Paul Merson – Sky Sports pundit

This is what Merson has told Sky Sports:

“I hope Scott Parker gets the Fulham job.”

“They’ve shown a bit of respectability towards the end, they’ve had a plan at least, and Newcastle are a team who are hard to play against at the moment, as we saw on Saturday night.

“I think both of them will have a go.”

“Prediction – Fulham 2 Newcastle 2”

Update – Scott Parker has today been appointed the permanent Fulham manager who will attempt to bring the Craven Cottage side straight back to the Premier League next season.

This is what Scott said on his appointment today:

“I’m delighted to be appointed head coach of Fulham Football Club and I thank the chairman for entrusting me with this responsibility, as well as the support and encouragement that both he and Tony Khan have provided me.”

“The players, staff, and fans have all been fantastic with me since I took temporary charge.”

“We are now all focused on ending this campaign with a positive result on Sunday against Newcastle and look forward to preparations for the new season, which have already begun.”

We wish the former Newcastle midfielder all the very best in his future management career – if not for Sunday’s game.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Fulham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• DubaiMicky

May 10, 2019 at 4:50 PM

“New” manager bounce, what’s the bets we lose?

• bettyswallocks

May 10, 2019 at 5:00 PM

Munster…….You , Jib, Oldgit, Martoon et al double bluffed as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. I could have carried on with it but decided to let you out of your dunce’s corner.

• RobLeenio

May 10, 2019 at 5:12 PM

From NUFC.com quotes from Rafa’s presser for folks like me who hadn’t seen them in full.

“We will have a meeting for sure and then we will let you know, but still we have to concentrate on the last game. I will be around after the game. We have to wait – in ten days we will see what is going on.

“I am sure I will be there at the meeting. Lee Charnley has to be there, but I do not know who else. Mike Ashley? I expect he will be there. I don’t want to talk too much about the meeting because still we do not know.”

10 days….

• RobLeenio

May 10, 2019 at 5:16 PM

I did say Ashley would wait until all the terms and details had been thrashed out, leaving maybe one or two things to agree, and would then fly in and act the hero when Rafa signs.

Looks like it’s already set up for just that.

• RobLeenio

May 10, 2019 at 5:18 PM

Oh, and congrats to Scott Parker who’s made a good start to his managerial career and deserves the job full time.

Let him learn the trade and then become Rafa’s protege and take over NUFC in ten years or so when Rafa decides he’s had enough.

• 9

May 10, 2019 at 7:17 PM

Nice idea Robleenio!

• 9

May 10, 2019 at 7:43 PM

…………….except, as I remember, Scotty was like a fish out of water in the North; so maybe not!

• Munster Mag

May 10, 2019 at 7:50 PM

Betty, here’s a hint. Try to find other references to my love for Mikey before my fun solo run (sober, zero booze) last night. I was playing with 22 but the amount of stupidity and nativity and paranoia is staggering on this site. I’ll have to do another one soon.