web analytics

Rafa – No Progress Made On New Contract – Position Remains Unchanged

Rafa Benitez what could be his very last press conference for Newcastle this afternoon – for our final game of the season at Craven Cottage on Sunday afternoon – in our final game of this season.

Rafa revealed there is a meeting next week with Charnley but he doesn’t know if Mike Ashley will be attending that meeting,

There’s no news and the talks seem to no further forward from the beginning of the week.

Rafa Benitez – speaking with the press

Here’s some of what an upbeat Rafa said in his press conference today:

“It is exactly the same line, we will have a meeting for sure and then let you know when we have info. We just have to concentrate on the game.”

“I will be around after Sunday to talk.” “I don’t need too much time on holiday – 1 week later on is good for me”

“This week has been an amazing week of football. Congratulations to all of the English teams for this great achievement. The semi-finals were all really great games.”

“The PL is the strongest league in the world now”

“We have one game left to play. We have to try to do well, we want to finish one place higher if we can. I have some players asking me questions about the future, but still we don’t know.”

“We’ve waited 8 months so we can wait another 10 days.”

“We played against Liverpool last weekend and we knew the intensity they had. It was a surprise that Barcelona did not react in the way we know they can.”

Fans must be frustrated at various events at the club – or no-events – but they are confident we can win this game.

7 in 10 fans think we can win this game.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Fulham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• carltoon

May 10, 2019 at 2:03 PM

what an absolute disgrace. why have they got to wait. could they not get it done any quicker. honestly!! I just hoping Rafa stays.

• Ozzy

May 10, 2019 at 2:10 PM

If we keep Rondon and sell Perez, wouldn’t mind this lad to become our new no. 17 player: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BhdvwDqD9v8/hqdefault.jpg
    🙂

• carltoon

May 10, 2019 at 2:10 PM

Fulham already signed their manager and preparations for next season have begun. where as Rafa is still waiting.

• Ron Knee

May 10, 2019 at 2:14 PM

So Shelvey to replace Ki in midfield?

• Bambams

May 10, 2019 at 2:16 PM

We are all thinking it’s just a matter of them sitting down and finalising a couple of coffee machines in the gym and maybe a new tumble dryer for the training ground before Rafa signs.

But I am now very concerned ! There is just no way this should of taken as long as it has, Rafa is saying the right things, keeps the players happy for the last game.

I think Ash has managed to bugger this up again, its obviously down to money and CharnLIE will be more than happy to tell Ash what he wants to hear.

I hope I am wrong, please let it just be teething problems – but I think Ash is not going to offer a contract that Rafa is happy to sign.

Just too long now. Utterly embarrassing by two complete knackers who know nothing about how to run a Premier league club.

In my opinion

• RobLeenio

May 10, 2019 at 2:17 PM

So Rafa is expecting to get this sorted next week, reading between the lines.

One way or the other, I guess.

• Oldgit1

May 10, 2019 at 2:22 PM

@ Rob thanks mate.

• Oldgit1

May 10, 2019 at 2:24 PM

10 days before a decision re Rafa future. Can’t see any bids going in for players during this time frame. That will suit Charnley.

• Jib

May 10, 2019 at 2:28 PM

I have a message for Mr Tuff

• Jib

May 10, 2019 at 2:29 PM

Mr Tuff
    ITV 2 + 1 is not ITV 3

• Oldgit1

May 10, 2019 at 2:34 PM

@ RobLeenio re Glen Taylor, him and his wife are both dedicated school teachers with two children. His contract is £1000 a week which is very high for this club but worth every penny.

Could never understand why none of the bigger teams came in for him and become professional but he is very happy with his family life as it is. Bless him.

• Munster Mag

May 10, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Jib, Mr T is on hols as a guest in a chateau at present discussing the finer details of why brexit happened whilst sipping some chateau neuf du pape. As such the right honourable low hanging fruit is not available for comment at this time. I was going to put the conundrum to Betty but was afraid that my national sporting culture would denigrated again.

• welshgeordie9

May 10, 2019 at 2:52 PM

Ashley can go and fcuk himself.

• toon22

May 10, 2019 at 2:52 PM

Munster

Ask your mate MA to get his finger out 😉

I’m betting Rafa will leave without even being talked too

Remember you have to either be payed to like MA ,or have a vested interest in him

• Munster Mag

May 10, 2019 at 2:56 PM

I wish I could 22

• Ron Knee

May 10, 2019 at 2:58 PM

It’s “PAID”.

• Jib

May 10, 2019 at 2:59 PM

Ron
    Chef de Shills de France

• RobLeenio

May 10, 2019 at 3:08 PM

It does make me chuckle when Ron Knee’s frustration gets the better of him. You can hear the ‘Tut’ from across the Channel.

I reckon if we all start makeing deliberate spelling / grammar errors we could drive him to drink.

😉

• ronaldo aarons

May 10, 2019 at 3:08 PM

Sorry but I have to, it’s just ripe for it lol.

Jib
    May 10, 2019 at 2:05 PM
    RobLeenio
    despite what the NE media are saying

WBA are in the play-offs
    and
    Have a caretaker manager

No way are they in a position to decide on the future of
    Rondon.
    I’m fairly sure that the procrastination over big Ron’s
    future is coming from the midlands
    ……………………..

It’s never MA’s fault 😉

• toon22

May 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM

LOL

• Ron Knee

May 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM

Hic!

• Jib

May 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM

ha ha ha
    I asked for that

• Corv

May 10, 2019 at 3:21 PM

It’s all in the hands of the fans. An empty SJP on match days is the only way forward in order to force the parasite to sell up.

12 years and counting.

In 13 days time we’ll be into his 13th year of ownership.

tick tick…

• Mister Tuff

May 10, 2019 at 3:47 PM

moanster – since welshie resigned as Jib’s deputy and you jumped in to replace him – you have become a right old granny. Sure an’ begorrah someone is slipping female hormones into your Guinness shandies.

You were obviously intoxicated last night with your ranting. I am reminded by that Latin phrase which has stood the test of time – “in vino veritas”. I will translate as you and your blog boss are obviously not classical scholars (but dimwits and pigeon brained) it means “in wine lies the truth”. In other words for your understanding – when ya pissed the truth comes out.

• Moonraker15

May 10, 2019 at 3:52 PM

Ronaldo
    Ashley’s the arch-procrastinator! Or are West Brom to blame for Rafa’s “delayed” talks?

• Moonraker15

May 10, 2019 at 3:59 PM

We now have a ridiculous situation in the club regarding Rafa’s contract. Not a fckin word of communication from the owner, players and staff unable to plan their future.
    The way this pr1ck runs our club is a disgrace. If Charnley had one ounce of respect he’d tell Ashley to go fcuk himself. He would never be out of a job on Tyneside if he did that!
    Please someone Buy the club!!!!!

• martoon

May 10, 2019 at 4:00 PM

I seem to be getting a lot of stick from what was perceived as a defence of Munster. I wasn’t but simply pointing out that it was an obvious windup (possibly alcohol fuelled) of Toon22 by having a love in with Ashley and not to be sucked in by it. Munster is big enough to defend himself – I hope that clarifies things – do you get it now Tsunki?

• Swanny

May 10, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Unless Ashley and Rafa reach a compromise I believe it’s all over red rover for Rafa!
    The talk of a meeting, sometime within the next 10 days to sort out Rafa’s (and our) future, could simply be a exit meeting.
    I fear the ambit claims Rafa submitted, will have been counted with a ‘ take it or leave it’ by Ashley!
    Personally I can’t see either party compromising.
    Without a shadow of a doubt Rafa has tried to negotiate the best deal fo a successful future, sadly the Fatman apparantly conducts his business with total disregard for others wants or needs.
    I sincerely hope my fears and ramblings are unfounded.

• Munster Mag

May 10, 2019 at 7:01 PM

No alcohol consumed last night but its truly remarkable how many stupid people are on this site. Take a bow gents. I may be willing to not continuously lick rafa’s arse but the Ashley love in was fun. I still like the marketing synergies. Sweet. Well done guys. I thought I was only toying with 22. Tsunki I haven’t read ur comment but I didn’t have you down as thick. Guys like panda, 22, tuff, average contents yes, but you?