web analytics

Rondon Says Goodbye To Colleagues And Fans – Ashley Derelict In Newcastle Duties

Salomon Rondon has admitted he will likely be wearing the Newcastle number 9 shirt for the last time when he appears for Newcastle at Craven Cottage in our final game of the season on Sunday afternoon against relegated Fulham.

We’d like to think we can finish off the season with a win – for the fifth season in a row – but nothing is ever certain at Newcastle.

If we can win we’ll get to 45 points – one more point than last year, so that’s certainly worth playing for.

While Salomon is keen to stay on Tyneside owner Mike Ashley only thinks about money (since he knows nothing about football) and he will likely be unwilling to pay anywhere near the £16.5M and £20M for a player who turns 30 in September.

Salomon Rondon – says his goodbyes to Newcastle colleagues

The fact Salomon is playing the best football of his career and has scored 10 goals in the PL for the first time ever means little to the Billionaire – only money counts with Ashley.

This is what Salomon has said today as reported in the Chronicle:

“I hope we can find a solution for the future.” “But for now it’s just to carry on.”

“I want to do better for the team and focus on the positives.” “I just go out to help the team.”

“I have 11 goals this season and I’m happy.” “It’s the reason why Rafa Benitez brought me here.”

“It’s just so difficult to say something now.” “We don’t know what will happen with Rafa so we have to wait.”

“So as I have said from the first day, I go out to score goals and work hard for the team at Fulham.”

“I have been really happy here.” “I got nine goals last season so to beat that I am really proud because I worked really hard to get that.”

“Strikers like me need creators like Almiron and Ayoze Perez.” “We have done well against defenders.”

“I am really happy because I have worked hard.” I have helped the team this season.”

“I have to go to my national team – I will play in the Copa America – and we will see what happens.

“I always say, if I can’t stay, I have to say ‘thank you’ to everyone at the club.”

We hope we can sign Rondon in the summer but there is such a vacuum of information coming out of the club nobody knows what’s going on.

So nothing has changed there.

And Mike Ashley is being derelict in his duties as the owner of Newcastle United – there is work to be done here.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Fulham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• c-dog

May 10, 2019 at 1:23 PM

Will be disappointed to see him go
    Great player
    Great attitude
    Great professional

• Nostradamus the Geordie

May 10, 2019 at 1:31 PM

Sorry to say, hope West Brom don’t get promoted so we have a chance to do a deal with them and Gayle. But if course depends a lot if Rafa is still here.
    Come on Ashley pull your finger out, unless of course you know the fans love Rafa more than you and this is once again your way of telling the fans, sing songs about me then go fcuk yourselves, if that the case be a man and tell us that’s the way is it.

• Geordie-john

May 10, 2019 at 1:33 PM

What a total shambles. No wonder the fat twat has a bad name in business

• Oldgit1

May 10, 2019 at 1:34 PM

Repost:

I have mentioned in the past that I also support Spennymoor Town football club. Just to let you know they are in the final playoff on Sunday and the club has put free coaches to travel to Chorley. 15 buses have been filled.

IF we win we will enter the National league and could play Hartlepool next season. A remarkable turnaround for a club which at one time only had gates of 50 supporters. We now have regular gates of 700 to 1000. Bloody amazing.

We also have the leagues highest goal scorer a Glen Taylor on 30 goals.

I went to watch them play when I gave up my NUFC season ticket a few years back, for £9 a match I have seen some great matches and the club has already stated that ticket will remain the same price regardless we get promotion or not. There is a club who puts their supporters first.

I know this is not Newcastle related but just to let you know there is life after Newcastle United.

• RobLeenio

May 10, 2019 at 1:41 PM

Seems pretty clear what the state of play is – if Rafa signs, so does Rondon.

• RobLeenio

May 10, 2019 at 1:42 PM

Oldgit1, I replied on the previous post, just essentially saying good luck to the Moors this Sunday.

• Ron Knee

May 10, 2019 at 1:51 PM

Chris Waugh
    ?Verified account @ChrisDHWaugh
    1m1 minute ago

Benitez on his future: “It is exactly the same line, we will have a meeting for sure & then let you know when we have info. We just have to concentrate on game. I will be around after Sunday [to talk] . I don’t need too much time on holiday – 1 week later on is good for me” #nufc

• Jib

May 10, 2019 at 2:05 PM

RobLeenio
    despite what the NE media are saying

WBA are in the play-offs
    and
    Have a caretaker manager

No way are they in a position to decide on the future of
    Rondon.
    I’m fairly sure that the procrastination over big Ron’s
    future is coming from the midlands