web analytics

Video – Watch The Drama Unfold At Villa Park This Afternoon

Here are the goals that were scored this afternoon at Villa Park in the first leg of the playoff between Aston Villa and West Brom.

It looked as though the Baggies were going to win the game but then two late goals from Villa got them a 2-1 win.

Here are the goals.

And here is Dwight Gayle’s sending off which means he cannot play in the second leg at the Hawthorns on Thursday night.

Who would be a West Brom fan today?

We are just happy and grateful that Newcastle haven’t had to go through the playoffs the two times we were promoted from the Championship back to the Premier League.

Thanks go to Chris Hughton and Rafa Benitez for that.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Fulham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

May 11, 2019 at 3:31 PM

Good result for us
    as far as the Rondon situation

• lesh

May 11, 2019 at 3:34 PM

Dubai

From previous and in regard to the option to vote for our best player against WBA….. Yes, a boo boo but please bear in mind that Ed’s not been too clever of late and it’s probably been his son, Neil who’s probably not as familiar as Ed with editing the Blog and overlooked the poll which was in a previous WBA related article and not edited out.

We all make mistakes when we’re growing into an enlarged role, don’t we? We’ll, maybe not all of us – let’s exclude the multi-talented Jib from that assumption.

• toon22

May 11, 2019 at 3:35 PM

Hiya JIB

• ronaldo aarons

May 11, 2019 at 3:36 PM

Caught bits of the game, grealish is coming along nicely especially now he’s focusing on his football more. Really like him now. Pre Ashley he’s the type of signing we’d make, now it’s just no chance have this untried youngster from the French second division reserve side. 500k but can turn out to be £40m in 2 years. #Value

• ronaldo aarons

May 11, 2019 at 3:37 PM

Oh but you need to sell a player to fund the move.

• sing in the corner

May 11, 2019 at 3:38 PM

Probably a fair enough decision, second yellow for that. Dwight probably left his foot in a fraction late. Not a straight red but it’s a caution. WBA will rue that I feel!

• ronaldo aarons

May 11, 2019 at 3:39 PM

Gayle sending off looked harsh, he had to attack the cross and once he can’t get it he can’t just stop his momentum.

• ronaldo aarons

May 11, 2019 at 3:39 PM

There you have it, sum up football opinions in 2 posts!

• sing in the corner

May 11, 2019 at 3:42 PM

🙂

• DubaiMicky

May 11, 2019 at 3:42 PM

lesh – it’s called having a giggle. I voted for Gayle anyway.

• sing in the corner

May 11, 2019 at 3:43 PM

Keeper didn’t help Gayle like. Looked like his career was over for a few seconds!

• magscar

May 11, 2019 at 3:45 PM

Lesh

Last thread

sorry I forgot to include you in the more obvious Jib baters – how could I you are up there with the best 🙂

If you truly believe what you say then of course you (and others) should stop feeding the Narcissist as you have pointed out it’s what he craves and therefore sustains him

• sing in the corner

May 11, 2019 at 3:47 PM

Great innings Jos Butler!
    World Cup here we come!
    (Sorry non football post there!)

• Mister Tuff

May 11, 2019 at 3:47 PM

Funny how some folk fail to mention Jib’s foul language abuse of others and his goading of others.
    The victims are then castigated for returning fire – with Jib being hailed as the innocent party.
    Funny old world , funny old people.

• Tsunki

May 11, 2019 at 3:49 PM

“Tsunki’s rather lame defence of him that caused me to comment”

Now now magscar we all know you don’t need me to defend anyone lamely for you to fancy a but of a name drop on me.

If you can’t see that a poster who doesn’t use racist, foul, political or religious offence as his agenda, should be perfectly within his rights to express himself without the constant barrage and bullying for him to stop. I think the mistake many make is they choose to deflate his anti-ashley “facts” as means to silence him but surely they should realise it only arouses his suspicion they are Ashley sympathisers. Just don’t I say. I don’t defend Toon22 per se, he’s a bit of a club hammer but his basic arguments that Ashley is a shady & greedy self-serving businessman with no real interest in the club beyond money making, that Benitez will probably leave this summer, and the club is not being sold, are all as sound arguments as anyone elses and should be respected as such until events show otherwise.

His only agenda is a pro-nufc, anti-ashley one, that should resonate with all true Toon fans, surely?

Characters like jib are not the same, he varies his inaccuracies so that he is assailable on a daily basis. He also seems to like pushing pro-ashley “devil’s advocate” ideas a lot. Munster when he’s not talking about homeland rugby likes to pounce on downturns to flag up benitezs tactical and player scouting ineptitude which is tiring and should be addressed so such rubbish doesn’t gain ground. Not the same.

Your agenda is just you have had run ins with certain posters, can’t forgive and forget, and look forward to having a disagreement with them. I can take that. 🙂

• sing in the corner

May 11, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Mister Tuff
    I think some do, just choose the right moment.

• Tsunki

May 11, 2019 at 3:51 PM

I should remember to put a few gags in those long diatribes to pepper up the Stew a bit. 😀

• magscar

May 11, 2019 at 3:51 PM

Funny how some folk have not much more than Jib bashing to contibute ( whilst ignoring other regular foul language contibutors) – apart from regularly getting score forecasts wrong – duh!

• lesh

May 11, 2019 at 3:53 PM

Dubai

Of course you were having a giggle but there are one or two Ed über critics on here who wouldn’t see the light side and have a serious pop at the bloop!

You voted for Gayle? Me too! ??

• magscar

May 11, 2019 at 3:54 PM

Tsunki

Still lame – cant really say more than I have.

You certainly like to stick up for him- paid job is it?

• SA Toon

May 11, 2019 at 3:54 PM

Maybe I’m not being a good sport, but great result for us – and Gayle can’t play in the return leg! Just keeps getting better. Get that release fee ready for the big man.

• toon22

May 11, 2019 at 3:54 PM

Even if agreement can be reached at this very late stage, untold harm may already have been done. Time when Rafa Benitez should have been getting on with putting plans in place for signings, the summer, next season, all wasted.

The killer line from the manager that sums up the situation, was ‘Until you sit down and start talking, you will not know where you are’ when talking about his hopes of finally sitting down with Mike Ashley.

If this was six weeks ago and we were talking about an imminent meeting between owner and manager, with Mike Ashley having had a week or so to consider Rafa’s conditions for staying, then I would maybe have had real optimism.

If the will is/was there from Mike Ashley to change the way he runs the club in order to convince Rafa Benitez to stay, then the owner would surely have been looking to get it all sorted ASAP.

The truth of course is that Ashley has known for years, not weeks or months, what Rafa Benitez wants to happen. Asking for those conditions back in Marcc would have just been filling in the fine detail.

• toon22

May 11, 2019 at 3:57 PM

magscar

An ordinary toon fan who is fine with MAs running of our club ?
    And is fine with those people who defend him ?

Ok

• toon22

May 11, 2019 at 3:59 PM

IIRC ive not posted a single thing to you or about you in the time ive posted here
    You seem at odds with my agenda but are somehow fine with JIBs

Yet seem to claim your being balanced in your views

• Tsunki

May 11, 2019 at 4:00 PM

I believe the word “whatever” fits nicely here magscar. You defend the mean-spirited and insulting jib. You rage against the irritatingly repetitive yet harmless toon22. Yeah. Carry on then.

• magscar

May 11, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Tsunki oh sorry should have added – my agenda is frog and his defenders. You are his most vociferous and erudite so when I can be bothered I have my two pennyworth and today it happens to be you it is in response to.

I think OP has exhausted my interest for now but thanks for responding – not everyone does you know – it’s that pesky skipping posts that some indulge in I reckon 🙂

Cuts down on the need to stay on Blog though

• magscar

May 11, 2019 at 4:07 PM

Toon22

You post
    “magscar

An ordinary toon fan who is fine with MAs running of our club ?
    And is fine with those people who defend him ?

Ok”

Did I actually say any of that?

Must have been hacked and the post deleted from my device because I can’t actually see it anywhere. Then again it’s probably just your poor comprehension.

Have a word with your mentor(s) they will tell you to stick to Hiya and not to stretch yourself

• Mister Tuff

May 11, 2019 at 4:07 PM

Hoorah!.

• Jib

May 11, 2019 at 4:09 PM

The hits on the Mag are pitiful
    What a sad excuse of a blog

• jane

May 11, 2019 at 4:10 PM

toon22’s defenders defend him because they agree with his message. if they didn’t agree you can absolutely guarantee they would voice their disapproval of his methods very loudly.

even Ashley doesn’t get as much pro and anti discussion as toon22!

• SA Toon

May 11, 2019 at 4:10 PM

Jeez, the constant sniping and other bullsh*t on this blog is pathetic. Get over yourselves – all of you!

• magscar

May 11, 2019 at 4:12 PM

Tsunki@25

Hmm No I don’t think I did defend Jib just don’t and didn’t join in the regular baiting – it’s all too crowded and noisy for me and I hate having to elbow my way into the fray. Quiet chap really

You are all doing a fine job don’t let me stop you ( oh I haven’t anyway) – whatever?

• jane

May 11, 2019 at 4:14 PM

read Comment #30 (in case you skipped it)

• magscar

May 11, 2019 at 4:15 PM

Toon22@22

Canny cut and paster though ( Mag again?)

For a minute I saw several paragraph’s and thought ” he’s been hacked” 😉

• magscar

May 11, 2019 at 4:17 PM

As SA Toon is not happy and who can blame him I’m venturing back outside now that the sun has reappeared before I draw more attention to Toon 22 or JIb 🙂

• Jib

May 11, 2019 at 4:18 PM

Yeah he copied and pasted from the Mag
    Then posted a link !!!!!
    There is definitely a Mag agenda against Ed’s
    blog which blows their pitiful shite out of the water.

• toon22

May 11, 2019 at 4:20 PM

Its a fair and balanced view point to decide to side with posters like JIB ?

You have actually read this blog for a while ?

LoL

• toon22

May 11, 2019 at 4:22 PM

JIB

Remember when you threatened me with being kicked off the blog
    And later threatened to have the blog closed ?

You might want to google the legal stuff around posting things from other web sites,im sure your used to googling stuff

• toon22

May 11, 2019 at 4:23 PM

Its hard to defend the guy directly isnt it

• Jib

May 11, 2019 at 4:27 PM

I’m guessing the Mag is danger of having to close its
    site down from lack of interest and they are resorting
    to anything to get their hit count up.

It’s never the Mag’s fault