web analytics

Defender’s Love Affair With Fans Continues – They’re Just Brilliant

Newcastle United bargain buy last summer – defender Fabian Schar – has been interviewed in the Chronicle today and he wants to see Rafa Benitez signed up to a long term contract as soon as possible.

Fans see the potential of Newcastle as does Rafa (of course) and the players.

Unfortunate Mike Ashley doesn’t want to see it.

Fabian Scar has been little short of a revelation for Newcastle this season.

The Swiss International is just the type of hard-working, skilled and gutsy player Geordie fans love to see where the famous black and white striped shirt of Newcastle United.

Rafa Benitez congratulates Fabian Schar
This was after his great solo goal against Burnley

Schar was a €3.5M bargain signing by Benitez from Deportivo in the summer – and that was his release clause in case Deportivo were relegated from La Liga.

Deportivo only finished 7th in the Spanish second division this season, so they didn’t come straight back up.

Like other players at Newcastle this season, Fabian has improved under Rafa’s guiding and coaching.

The 27-year-old was asked in the Chronicle today if it’s crucial for our players that Rafa stays:

“Yeah of course.” “I want to see how we can improve now and show how good we are now.”

“I think Rafa is doing a good job with these players.” “We have all gone in the same direction during the season.”

“It is great to work with Rafa as his experience gives us so much all the time.” “We will see what happens.”

“Since November, it was a great season; before then, it was hard for me, as well.”

“But, over the whole season, I can be really proud for me and for the whole team.”

“And, again, I can say after each game the support is unbelievable, it’s amazing.”

“Even when we play away, you have to enjoy because we have so many fans”

“The support is brilliant and we wanted to give them something back for what they do the whole season for us.”

“And I think that’s (beating Fulham) the perfect end for us, but also the fans.”

Fabian struggled to make the team early on (as did Ki Sung-yueng too)  but then both came on in the second half of the home game against Watford, and we won our first game of the season 1-0 – at the 11th attempt.

Fabian has never looked back since then.

Who Was Newcastle's Player Of The Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 9:18 AM

Martoon
    I voted for Ritchie as well , for the reasons you outlined.

• martoon

May 14, 2019 at 9:21 AM

TyneMouth – I can’t agree with your post a couple of blogs back about hits on the blog. I suspect that while there are probably less people who post on the blog I think the number who read it will remain about the same. You could prove this by making a note of the counter and then looking in 24 hours time and subtract the first count from the second but I can’t be bothered to do it – can you? Also while certain posters such as Jib or Toon22 may not be popular they do add to the Blog (in their own way) and people probably like reading them – even the squabbles!

• Jail for Ashley

May 14, 2019 at 9:26 AM

RobLeenio,
    Like you I also prefer this one, much better looking at Ashley incarcerated than with a cigar in his mouth.

• martoon

May 14, 2019 at 9:26 AM

Jib @1 – I always said you were a man of discernment 😉

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 9:26 AM

martoon, I’m pretty sure someone mentioned yesterday that there was 50k hits needed to get to the 200 Million mark, so that’s an indication.

There have already been another 5k-odd hits since the mark was reached, also.

In any case, congrats to Ed for the success of this site, it’s a marvellous achievement and I hope the Chronicle and / or the club pick up on it and give him some more widespread acknowledgement.

• Ron Knee

May 14, 2019 at 9:27 AM

Sounds like professional wrestling: Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus, et al!

• Optimistic Panda

May 14, 2019 at 9:31 AM

Bobby

Chronic pain from motorcycle injuries and wear and tear on my knees from years in the forces.

Theres a few decent places to buy it now in the UK and NE. I did a bit of research first, all the benefits without the groggy head.

Apparently you absorb 95% of the cbd doing it that way over burning it in a j or bong which is around 45%.

Depends how much you’re dosing and the strength you need but you can use a smaller dose as its straight into your blood stream. £65 for the bottle I got but that can be mixed into other e liquid that you like the flavour of. I’m estimating it should last around 4 months for myself.

Meetharmony is the site I buy from mainly, plenty of info on dosing where the cbd is sourced from and different methods of ingestion. Worth a look through if you have time, you can buy it pre mixed at different strengths with the turpines from the plant, taste exactly the same as the weed just no thc.

I’m vaping OG Kush at work, smells lush tastes lush and I cant fail a drugs test as theres no thc lol.

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 9:31 AM

I feel there was an air of inevitability about
    the “Jeremy Kyle incident”

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 9:35 AM

JohnJ from previous “It’s important that Rafa is allowed to keep his more mature players if he chooses to”

This is a really important point. If Rafa does sign and then Ritchie is sold, some people will be up in arms saying Ashley’s up to his old tricks and Rafa must be furious.

Let’s be clear, Rafa is a pragmatist not a romantic and won’t keep players if he thinks the squad can be better without them. He may well be of the impression that this Summer is the optimal time to sell Ritchie and use the transfer fee elsewhere. If Rafa chooses to let Ritchie go, then I’ll support the decision. If the management decide to let Ritchie go behind Rafa’s back, I’ll be furious.

However, it may well be quite difficult to tell which of the two has happened.

• martoon

May 14, 2019 at 9:39 AM

RobLeenio @5 – Micky was suggesting that a lot of the hits could be attributed to Ad Bots – if I understand correctly what they are then is that not suggesting some dishonesty by Ed?

• Jail for Ashley

May 14, 2019 at 10:00 AM

RobLeenio,
    Aye wouldn’t it be nice to have some transparency.