web analytics

Players And Fans Alike Doing All They Can To Keep Fantastic Rafa At Newcastle

Matt Ritchie has had another stellar season for Newcastle United last and what a buy this lad has been from Bournemouth.

And strangely enough, Stoke City are again being linked with a move for him this summer – maybe it’s the same people who linked him with Stoke last summer?

Yes – that sounds about right.

Matt himself has joked that he seems to be wanting away from Newcastle every transfer window.

But we doubt he wants to leave Newcastle this summer with manager Rafa Benitez hopefully going to commit a few more years to the club.

Unfortunately, that’s still uncertain because of Mike Ashley’s usual intransigence.

Great shot of Matt Ritchie against Wolves

Sorry to keep criticizing the owner, but he deserves it.

Matt has talked about Rafa in the Shields Gazette:

“Yeah, of course, the players want him to stay,”

“It’s out of our hands. We can’t affect it – it’s down to the manager and the board.”

“There’s no secret the manager’s been fantastic since he has arrived.”

“Hopefully, he can stay and we can continue to create a good team and look forward to the future with hope.”

“I don’t really want to talk about that (Rafa could leave), because I don’t think we’re going to see that.”

“I’m optimistic that he will stay. I hope he stays – everyone hopes he stays.”

“There’s no point talking about ifs and buts, as we don’t know yet, let’s just wait and see.”

“I think she’ll stay – Hopefully, yeah.”

Newcastle fans chanted “Rafa Benitez, we want you to stay” continuously at Craven Cottage so the fans have again done everything they can to keep the world-class manager (and man) at the club.

Now it’s up to the owner to do his job.

But we think Rafa will stay – we’re upbeat right now about Newcastle’s future.

In fact – come to think about it – we’ve never been so upbeat about Newcastle’s future in the 12 years we have run this blog.

Howay The Lads!!

Who Was Newcastle's Player Of The Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• The next Mike Williamson

May 14, 2019 at 7:49 AM

Jib,
    I think I suggested the same about yourself and possibly JFA a few years back. Maybe Ed’s got 1000s of accounts and I’m the only real person on here – like the Matrix. 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

May 14, 2019 at 8:00 AM

Jib,
    I think you’ll find you’re the one looking foolish, Rafa wanted to sign him for 16.5M and he’s pretty sane, when you start letting people like Ashley and Churnley make the footballing decisions you end up getting relegated. Twice.
    As for Rondon’s form at the start of the season, if those muppets at the top hadn’t spent all summer pi$$ing about he would have had a full pre season and might have hit the ground running. Please just give up, soccer just isn’t for you Jibbers old chum.

• The next Mike Williamson

May 14, 2019 at 8:05 AM

I’m surprised Rondon is winning the poll, I’d have had someone from the defence. Either Schar or Dubravka as we had one of the best defences in the league and were lame upfront until Almiron came on the scene. I’d also say Perez has been better than Rondon too, certainly for flair, passing, goals, creating chances, and tackles. Work rate they’re about even. Rondon edges it for consistency, hold-up play and headers/ being a focal point.

On a positive note, I think many of our best players didn’t feature that much this season. In my eyes next season the poll will be dominated by players who weren’t in our first 11 for most of the year: Lejuenes, Shelvey, Almiron, and hopefully Longstaff. Lascelles will probably have a better season too, I think this year was a blip for him. Ritchie will have a better year now he’s found his position as he was dismal for half season, as will Hayden if he stays and gets a full season. Then we have stalwarts Dubravka, Rondon, Perez, Schar. Add another 2-3 gems and we can get up to 7th. Providing Rafa stays or we get incredibly lucky and unearth the next Klopp.

• The next Mike Williamson

May 14, 2019 at 8:08 AM

Another reason Schar should get it is those 9 or ten games we lost at the start ended when Schar started playing. Although it has to be said, our form also picked up once Rondon was fit.

• c-dog

May 14, 2019 at 8:16 AM

If Rafa leaves this late with no plan b and no time to sigh 5 or 6 first team players I’d be willing to put a lot of money on us being relegated next season

• TyneMouth

May 14, 2019 at 8:21 AM

Amended re -post….

The 200,000,000 VIEWINGS (and counting) are obviously far greater than the number of POSTINGS on the blog.

DubaiMicky states that 200,000,000 over 12.5 years is an average viewing of 45,000 a day, and I believe he’s right.

However I think the current number of Daily viewings is much less.

One of the main reasons for the reduction of viewing traffic can be traced to posts like Jib’s latest ‘Damascus moment’ Not is it fundamentally disrespectful to the hosts of this Blog, it is a crude knee-jerk reaction to distract comment away from BearMonkey’s post regarding Jib’s multiple postings.

Such negative postings are not beneficial to attracting more viewers, or encouraging debate.

• Jail for Ashley

May 14, 2019 at 8:27 AM

The next Mike Williamson,
    It doesn’t matter if you unearth the next Klopp or Guardiola if the owner looks at the team and thinks it’s good enough to stay up and therefore doesn’t need investment then they’re screwed. People keep talking about managers on the continent who are on low budgets and have their players bought and sold for them, but they’re competing against other managers in the same boat, this is the PL where a newly promoted Wolves team has spent 30M on a 28 year old.

• TyneMouth

May 14, 2019 at 8:44 AM

Most of this year I have been too busy to post to this blog, but I have read the blog as much as I can.

However, especially on match days, reading contributions from makem infiltrators, and malicious wums, is very annoying.

Sadly I know the frog’s heart is in the right place, (at least I hope it is) but the shear boring repetitive postings are extremely counterproductive.

Jib’s crass, crude constant commentary in defence of our ‘wonderful’ owner is painful to read, and I suspect many viewers choose not to…

In the words of my good friend, E. I. Addio, “pass the sick- bag Alice”…

• magicmac54

May 14, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Well said Tyne Mouth, everything you said in your post is spot on and on the money. HWTL.