web analytics

Report – Newcastle After Dynamic Nigerian Forward

A report from the Sun earlier today says that Newcastle are tracking Spezia Calcio forward David Okereke. The Nigerian U23 international is also linked with a host of Premier League and Serie A clubs.

David Okereke – Being tracked by Newcastle among others

David Okereke’s phenomenal performances this season have propelled Spezia Calcio to the playoffs, though they lost 1-2 today in the Quarterfinals to Cittadella. The pacy twenty-one year old has 10 goals and 12 assists in 30 appearances in Italy’s second tier.

Okereke can play both centrally and on the right wing. This season he has had 15 appearances as a striker, 14 on the right, and one on the left.

The academy product is highly regarded in Italy having been linked with Juventus and both Milan clubs this year. A fee of about €8M would be likely enough for the Nigerian.

This player is a very exciting prospect. However we don’t see him as a replacement for either Rondon or Ayoze Perez, if he were to leave.

Okereke is not suited as a target man if Newcastle uses the same system next year. So as a direct Rondon replacement, this move would not make much sense.

As cover for Ayoze, Okereke could be an intriguing acquisition. He would add some pace currently lacking in the side.

If Newcastle are tracking this player, we hope it is to complement the side and not replace any of its stars. We definitely want Rondon and Ayoze up front for Newcastle next season

• RobLeenio

May 18, 2019 at 1:03 AM

johnty, you’re being compared to toon22 who uses a frog avatar and is unpopular with some posters, which I think is unfair. You seem like an understandably concerned Toon fan, whereas toon22 is just annoying.

• NY Mag

May 18, 2019 at 1:03 AM

Rob,

What I meant was that a lot of people (on this blog) already have a fixed idea that the acccounts are ‘fixed’ – so any analysis is kinda futile

• lesh

May 18, 2019 at 1:05 AM

RobL

Try toad in the hole!

• jordijohnty

May 18, 2019 at 1:05 AM

No no I can spell his name, just cant spell James milinerr

• jordijohnty

May 18, 2019 at 1:06 AM

toon 22? jesus wept, Thanks for the comparison

May 18, 2019 at 1:07 AM

Rob

I’m sure one will turnip soon!

• jordijohnty

May 18, 2019 at 1:10 AM

Im away to bed. Whos hoping watford win so we can say our reserve team lost to watfords reserve team on the way to wembley. Another season of being so close to the silver ware

• NY Mag

May 18, 2019 at 1:11 AM

Johnty,

Just for the record…..it’s been a pleasure talking with you (you’re absolutely nothing like toon22)

May 18, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Runnaway777

If Ed or Neil didn’t have threads with potential transfer targets we probably wouldn’t have much to talk about this Summer, with or without Rafa!

May 18, 2019 at 1:13 AM

NY Mag
    To be fair nobody is like toon22, (bless him)

• NY Mag

May 18, 2019 at 1:14 AM

Bill,

That’s true – he’s kinda unique 🙂

May 18, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Rob

C’mon, unpopular, he’s the life and soul of the blog (bless him)

May 18, 2019 at 1:18 AM

jordi, g’night, I think we’d all like to see Watford win the Cup!

• RobLeenio

May 18, 2019 at 1:19 AM

johnty, I may be naive, but Ashley is at a crossroads this week. The decisions he makes right now will take the club in one of two directions.

His past attitude will lead to Rafa walking, the defection of a number of senior members of the squad and a signal to any manager and player worth his salt to stay well clear of the club. The fans will stay away in droves, the media will turn against him and Chi Onwurah will renew her campaign against him in the Commons. NUFC could end up going down the plughole, where he will see the club value drop like a stone and require personal investment from him to keep it afloat.

To keep Rafa and prevent the above. he’s going to have to change his ways and set in place firm plans to do so. He has to know this and has to want to keep Rafa on board to protect his investment. I mean, surely?

May 18, 2019 at 1:19 AM

Toad in the hole, mmmmmmh, I’m salivating!

May 18, 2019 at 1:21 AM

As a matter of interest, why is it called Toad in the Hole, was it once made with real toads.

• RobLeenio

May 18, 2019 at 1:21 AM

ooh, toad in the hole. With turnip! I know what I’m cooking tomorrow….

May 18, 2019 at 1:24 AM

Rob

Let me guess, freshly picked limpets off Cullercoats rocks!

• NY Mag

May 18, 2019 at 1:24 AM

Toad in the hole – now you’re making me nostalgic

• RobLeenio

May 18, 2019 at 1:27 AM

Bill, I’ve been on a seafood diet.

You know the punchline

😉

• NY Mag

May 18, 2019 at 1:28 AM

Rob,

The old ones are the best 🙂

May 18, 2019 at 1:29 AM

Rob
    Yeah my weakness as well! 🙂

• RobLeenio

May 18, 2019 at 1:29 AM

Not the old limpets, though…

• jordijohnty

May 18, 2019 at 1:29 AM

Rob leenio, your bang on there. But will he change his ways? He’s a billionaire because he generally made good business decisions. He can’t f k this up. G’night

May 18, 2019 at 1:34 AM

Rob

What I would really find disappointing would be the break up of the present squad if Rafa did leave, there’s so much real possibility in it, I reckon as it stands it has top seven potential without any additions, assuming we kept Rondon.

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 18, 2019 at 1:34 AM

Thanks for the thoughtful and considered response to my question yesterday NY. I was just about to board a flight and missed it. I feel similarly about Ashley, he has a clear reluctance to compete for trophies because of the financial risk involved. Need Rafa to convince him otherwise obviously, although I think quite a lot has already been fixed at Newcastle under Rafa and if they can thrash out a three or five year strategy during these talks which I think is on I’d be satisfied. Ashley really should have sold long ago and given someone else a go, but if he won’t I’d take happily enough take that sort of compromise.

• ronaldo aarons

May 18, 2019 at 1:36 AM

Short but good video from nufctv. Starting to get some decent content out of these lot, what’s going on?

As it says, players pick and choose best goal of the season.

Won’t spoil for you lot as you will be so surprised, you won’t even see it coming.

Kind of like Burnley never saw it coming…. oops.

• ronaldo aarons

May 18, 2019 at 1:38 AM

Seriously though, is a good link to watch, couple mins, was some fair shouts in there for goals, not all the same.

Kenedy though man 🙂

May 18, 2019 at 1:38 AM

jordi

Comment 44, you can catch up with it later today.

But hats off for trying, boom, boom!

May 18, 2019 at 1:41 AM

Rolando

I watched that, what was funny was the most of the players picked the Schaar one against Burnley, Kenedy picked his own! 🙂

• ronaldo aarons

May 18, 2019 at 1:42 AM

Mike Ashley
    @MoneyMikeAshley
    5h
    Despite recent reports from the fake news media (the Failing Evening Chronicle), Longstaff is ABSOLUTELY for sale. That I can tell you.

#nufc

May 18, 2019 at 1:43 AM

Nicky, hope it was NY Mag’s comment you missed and not your flight!

May 18, 2019 at 1:47 AM

ronaldo

If that’s true, then I might well revert to supporting Gateshead providing the are resurrected from extinction (again)

🙁

• ronaldo aarons

May 18, 2019 at 1:47 AM

Essex
    There’s me not spoiling it for everyone and you just go and tell them all which goal was chosen the most.

I’m not done yet either, if you’ve seen it already could have hooked a brother up!
    😀

But yeah kenedy lol, didn’t exactly surprise me like. I felt schar wanted to pick his own goal but you got to be modest at times I guess. Kenedy didn’t get that memo.

May 18, 2019 at 1:48 AM

Rob

The correct term is “mature” limpets!

May 18, 2019 at 1:53 AM

Ronaldo

Oops, sorry mate, didn’t realise you were being surreptitious, could anyone still on the blog please not read my comment re. the players choice.

I’ll also try not to mention what’s happened in the latest GOT episode, especially re. Kings landing and the dragon.

May 18, 2019 at 1:56 AM

I still think that Schaar’s dribble and pass into the corner of the net was better though!

• Online Guy

May 18, 2019 at 2:16 AM

Martoon

Medium wave ,LF , HF, VHF , UHF is fairly safe ..unless your standing next to the transmitter as you mention ..I’m thinking of the culminating effect of so much RF day to day ..although in small doses as you say, and low levels, it has had plenty of attention and study and is causing some constination in the US according to studies carried out to date .

Again HF freq etc is not too worrying . Getting closer to Microwave frequencies is.

The Homeplug is an abomination of a contraption and sticks a lump on your electricity bill where as an Ethernet cable runs for free once you buy it .. less than a tenner.

Homeplug can also take out DAB radio transmissions..and MW transmissions, so there is not a lot to be said in its favour .

Time will tell on the dangers of RF at those frequencies.

I can provide studies on the dangers .

May 18, 2019 at 2:17 AM

Anyway as I seem to be the last nightworker standing, then I too will retire for the night, G’dnight all!

May 18, 2019 at 2:21 AM

OLG
    As a final comment I do remember reading about a bloke who was a security guard who used to sit near a MW transmitter as it was a warm place to sit, he was found one morning partially cooked, could be an urban myth, but I don’t think it was.