web analytics

Report – January Transfer Target Available This Summer

There is a report from Belgium that Anthony Limbombe will be leaving French club FC Nantes this summer. The left winger almost joined Newcastle on loan this January in a deadline day deal.

Anthony Limbombe – reportedly available this summer

We were almost certain that Anthony Limbombe had joined Newcastle on loan on January 31st. However, the deal never materialized and we have not been linked with the player since.

Newcastle had been heavily linked with the Belgian international throughout the summer as well before he joined FC Nantes.

Limbombe was Nantes record signing when he joined from Club Brugge for £7.2M on August 23, 2018. However, he has failed to impress in Ligue 1 with just two assists in 29 league appearances to go with one goal.

The goal against Toulouse was indeed impressive though.

According to recent reports, Anthony Limbombe will be leaving Nantes this summer with interest being shown from clubs in La Liga.

It is uncertain if Newcastle would still be interested in the player after a subpar season in France.

Since there was heavy interest in the past, Newcastle may still be tracking him. Though we would not expect Anthony Limbombe to emerge as a top target this summer.

• Rafa the Geordie

May 21, 2019 at 1:24 AM

Pass the Dutchie, pon the left hand side.

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 21, 2019 at 1:24 AM

Tsunki

I followed this blog when Ashley took over the club and like everyone else at the time was really happy that a billionaire with sporting links was buying us.

I followed the blog up till the time that Ed took a break and discontinued it for a while, returning when he did, so yes I am a long time follower.

I also an strong advocate of free speech and even if I disagree with someone will not resort to crude remarks to denigrate them. Although there could be one exception I regret to say.

If I don’t like someones comments I’ll either laugh at them or ignore them, most of the time anyway!

If someone claims to follow the Toon and some other team then that’s up to them, I’ll take that assertion at face value, it won’t have any affect on my beliefs.

There may well be people on the blog who are WUMS, I don’t know that for certain as I don’t personally know any bloggers, so does it really matter. Not to me!

There does appear to be a mob reaction at times when certain posters comment even if their comments are fairly innocuous, that’s what I find a little over the top and puzzling as the same people don’t seem able to let it go.

Don’t suppose what I’ve said will change anything, minds seem to be set, so, whatever!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 21, 2019 at 2:06 AM

Blogs gone to bed so I will as well, G’dnight all.

• NY Mag

May 21, 2019 at 2:07 AM

Goodnight Bill,

Not much to discuss atm….

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 21, 2019 at 3:21 AM

Hopefully Rafa signing will pick things up on here again. Mind you, it’ll be even livelier if he doesn’t though 🙂

• DubaiMicky

May 21, 2019 at 3:29 AM

RIP Niki Lauda. Three times Formula One champion, also a pilot and set up two airlines.

One of the few people I will miss.

• DubaiMicky

May 21, 2019 at 3:39 AM

EGB from previous, that link to Tatania, brilliant isn’t it. You do know it’s a bloke who made her up don’t you…

• NY Mag

May 21, 2019 at 3:53 AM

Chancel,

You’re right about that – there’s gonna be a lot of bickering on here regardless of what happens 🙂

• DubaiMicky

May 21, 2019 at 5:15 AM

Are we going to have a day of announcements, or a day of disappointments and some strange chat about pylons. Speaking of which, it’s big kahoona time in West Virginia (take me home, country rode)….

• jazzyp

May 21, 2019 at 5:35 AM

No thanks…Next

• Jib

May 21, 2019 at 6:38 AM

Newcastle’s loan player manager will have the official title of
    Loan Arranger
    his assistant will be called Tonto

I’ll get me coat

• lochinvar

May 21, 2019 at 7:27 AM

“Hi ho Jiblets away”

• lochinvar

May 21, 2019 at 7:28 AM

“Ashley man speak with forked tongue…..”