web analytics

This Player Determined To Become A Top Striker – Hopefully At Newcastle

In what the Chronicle is calling an exclusive today they have interviewed Ayoze Perez.

The Spanish striker has prospered so much playing with Salomon Rondon last season and for a short time with Newcastle’s record signing Miguel Almiron earlier this year.

Perez was on fire at the end of the season and scored six goals in his last five matches to end up with 13 goals for the season with 12 of those being in the Premier League.

Rondon scored 12 goals with 11 of those being in the Premier League.

Salomon Rondon and Ayoze Perez – what a great shot of the two strikers

This is what the 25-year-old has said about his partnership with Rondon,

“We’ve got an amazing relationship.” “If he gets the chance to give me a goal, he’ll do it.”

“And it’s the same the other way around.” “The main thing is to win matches and it means a lot.”

“At the end of the day, I have the mind of a striker.” “I came here as a striker as I was No 9 for my old team Tenerife.”

“And you grow up having that in your mind.” “You know the movements and you live your life in the penalty area.”

“I always try to get into good positions.”

“I’m always looking to cash in on a little deflection or trying to get into the box for the second ball.”

“They are the things that make a difference.” “You have to get in there to have the chance.”

“I always have that in mind.””I used to be a striker and that’s why I am how I am.”

Perez has unfortunately missed out on the latest Spanish squad for their Euro qualifier games against the Faroe Isles and Sweden this summer.

But it’s possible if he stays at Newcastle and keeps improving under Rafa then he will make the Spanish squad.

He has the skill, ambition, and work ethic to become a top striker in the game – and remember he’s still only 25.

May 21, 2019 at 10:50 AM

No Tom
    The Balearics consist of Ibiza Menorca and Mallorca
    Tenerife is in the Canaries in the Atlantic off the coast of
    Morocco

• Munster Mag

May 21, 2019 at 10:52 AM

Paul Goddard, deffo a toon hero of mine.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 21, 2019 at 10:58 AM

Did Goddard not have or still have the record for scoring goals in consecutive games for the Toon – I think it was seven games in a row
    Don’t know why got funny feeling could be a announcement on Rafa today

May 21, 2019 at 10:59 AM

Adam Ant’s brother

• geordietom

May 21, 2019 at 11:07 AM

off topic …

dont know if any of you have been watching ” Oak Island ”…

i find it really strange .when they find a tiny piece of wood they all go to the ” War Room ” to talk about . i think theres another $ 3 million down the drain . then they find a led cross $ 6 million gone . they find a concrete wall under water while draining Smiths cove . look its Roman concrete more millions gone . they dont call the money pit the money pit for nothing .the younger of the Lagina Brothers is worth $ 60 million . wont have much left at this rate . Templar connections to the island dont think so .

Laird Niven the Archeologist supports Newcastle . i recon the Old Slave found what was buried on the island …

• geordietom

May 21, 2019 at 11:10 AM

jib …

thats why i’ve never been there …

block caps ( sorry lads and lasses ) LMAO …

• geordietom

May 21, 2019 at 11:12 AM

mistake there i have been to ibiza…

• geordietom

May 21, 2019 at 11:19 AM

NUFC set Dwight Gayle asking price after Leeds ‘interest’ & West Brom snub – Report NUFC Blog (Weblog)11:03

did’nt some one on here say some thing similar to this the other day ? are the Journo’s reading the blog …

• geordietom

May 21, 2019 at 11:23 AM

” i Talk To The Trees ” might as well every one’s gone to sleep …

• Rob1971

May 21, 2019 at 11:37 AM

Charlie he did score in 7 games in a row which is the record for us I am sure someone else scored in 7 games afterwards too

• martoon

May 21, 2019 at 11:47 AM

Jib @1 – Before Mr Tuff jumps in I think I’m going to have to correct you – there are 4 main Balearic islands – Ibiza, Menorca, Majorca and Formentera.

May 21, 2019 at 11:50 AM

Martoon
    I named the three with airports
    If you want to be a total smartarse you could have named
    Dragonera as well

• Jail for Ashley

May 21, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Do those that say I’m going to Catalonia instead of Spain think it makes them sound posh, are they the type of people that put their ALDI shopping in to Marks and Spencer bags so the neighbours see them when they come home???

May 21, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Jail
    I cannot believe that your bitchiness gets hearted by
    anyone other than a tosser like yourself – Mr Tuff ?

• G

May 21, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Jail @ 53. My missus does that. I love giving her grief over it.

• RobLeenio

May 21, 2019 at 12:07 PM

Jail, not posh – I’m driving down and stopping on a campsite so we can take the dog. Driving further than Catalunya is kinda pointless seeing as it gives us everything we want.

Just different.

Also, I’d rather use the Aldi bags, they’re bigger and better quality.

Shame you have to be a d!ck at times, you can be a decent poster when you’re not being a b!tch.

• Jail for Ashley

May 21, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Get a GSoH Jibbers old bean, lighten up man!!!

May 21, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Rob
    Shame you have to be a d!ck at times

AT TIMES !!!!!! ??????

• G

May 21, 2019 at 12:12 PM

70cl of decent Gin for less than a tenner will always drag my missus to any shop.

May 21, 2019 at 12:13 PM

GSoH
    ha ha ha
    Jail must advertise in the personal columns
    I hope your missus knows.

May 21, 2019 at 12:14 PM

Oliver Cromwell
    A canny drop indeed

• geordietom

May 21, 2019 at 12:19 PM

i’am not posh only going to Benidorm well Finestrat …

• geordietom

May 21, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Wor lass uses Herron’s bag …

big bags get more grub in them …

• RobLeenio

May 21, 2019 at 12:22 PM

I hear a rumour that Sarri is to be given the push in favour of Frank Lampard.

Just a rumour, don’t go sticking your house on it.

• martoon

May 21, 2019 at 12:39 PM

Jib @52 – If I’d wanted to be a total smartarse I could have named more such as Cabrera but I did say ‘main’ and those 4 are generally regarded as such 😉
    Anyway to football – Robleenio @64 – I heard that rumour as well but it’s surely too early for Frankie – he’s needs more experience before he takes on Chelsea.

• RobLeenio

May 21, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Yeah, I would think so, but Derby are likely going to struggle to stay up even if they win the playoff final, no matter how good a coach he is. Chelsea, on the other hand, are not fulfilling their potential.

He could galvanise them and drive them back to the top of the table.

At least, this is what he’ll be telling himself as he looks in the mirror.

I agree, though – I think it’s too soon for him but that may not matter.

• carltoon

May 21, 2019 at 12:47 PM

EGB Sam went to the brits with an Alan Shearer Mask on. So I think he must support the toon.

May 21, 2019 at 12:57 PM

Lampard will be 41 next month the same age
    as Keegan took on NUFC and he has more
    experience than KK had at the time –
    It’s his coaching team that matters

• toonbrother

May 21, 2019 at 12:57 PM

let rafa be rafa
    alternative facts
    make newcastle great again
    what;s with all the trumpisms?

• RobLeenio

May 21, 2019 at 1:07 PM

Fair point, Jib. I think the standard of coaching in the Prem has risen since then, mind you. And the level of professionalism among the players. I do wonder if Keegan was maybe a product of his time and if he could have the same effect on us now as he did then, with no offence meant towards one of my all time heros.

I’ve suggested Keegan would make a fantastic Director of Football working with Rafa to drive NUFC forward. Imagine Rafa’s black book with Keegan’s enthusiasm and ability to persuade players to come and work with him. They’d be a great team.

Will never happen under Ashley, however.

• welshgeordie9

May 21, 2019 at 1:12 PM

Time of the month for Jib me thinks.

• Rob1971

May 21, 2019 at 1:33 PM

Believe it when it happens but this is doing the rounds on the chronicle twitter site and other twitter nufc accounts, its started from Tuttosport in Italy:

Ashley and Rafa have reached an agreement over proceeding, with #NUFC vowing to back him with substantial transfer funds. Benitez wants to be able to aim for a European spot next season and it is claimed Newcastle are ready to back him. [Tuttosport]

• RobLeenio

May 21, 2019 at 1:47 PM

Rob 1971 beat me to it. Definitely dubious about it. If it had been guilleme ballague maybe but Italian media? Hmmm

Delighted if it turns out true obviously…

May 21, 2019 at 1:48 PM

It says the ownership have agreed to make funds available
    and the target is Europe

May 21, 2019 at 1:55 PM

Roma’s hopes (of getting Rafa ) fades as he’s staying at
    Newcastle

• Moonraker15

May 21, 2019 at 1:58 PM

Jib
    Do you think it’s a reliable report?

• ronaldo aarons

May 21, 2019 at 1:59 PM

I call BS on TuttoSport.

May 21, 2019 at 2:01 PM

who knows ?
    loads of info comes out of Italy
    Italian clubs are much more open
    with their media

• Moonraker15

May 21, 2019 at 2:01 PM

Rob

KK’s days are gone mate! He was the best but most young players don’t even know his name now!

May 21, 2019 at 2:03 PM