web analytics

Other Clubs Bidding For Transfer Targets – Toon Could Miss Out

Watford, Bournemouth, Wolves, and West Ham are just some of the Premier League clubs who have made a fast start in this summer’s transfer window.

Those are the teams just below the top six who Newcastle will be fighting next season so we can to finish above them in the league.

It’s like a mini-league below the top six who will take some catching for a year or two.

Newcastle as usual, are slow starters in the transfer window, but it could be even worse this summer because Mike Ashley and Rafa Benitez are still deadlocked in negotiations about Rafa’s new contract.

One of the players we have been linked with is Reims 22-year-old striker Remi Oudin, and we reported on that a couple of days ago.

A £7M bid from Watford for him was rejected by his French club earlier this week.

22-year-old Reims striker Remi Oudin – Watford had bid turned down – it’s time for Magpies to move in

The striker has now been talking to media outlet Le Parisien about his future plans.

“At first it’s (the attention) nice, but I try not to pay attention. They manage it for me.”

“Later, it will be a goal to go abroad to discover another culture and another football.”

Oudin has been compared to former Dutch International and Arsenal and Manchester United striker Robin Van Persie because of his similar style of play.

Van Persie retired this summer after a sparkling career in football for over 19 years.

Other clubs interested in the 22-year-old Reims striker include Nice and Fiorentina.

We really need to get moving in this transfer window; otherwise, some of our top targets could already be gone by the time Ashley and company get around to doing any business this summer.

• ChicagoToon1

May 24, 2019 at 2:24 PM

–Repost–

Ok gents, just got some news that is honest to God true. I know you have no reason to believe me as I’m a new poster but I swear it is true. So back in December I reached out to my grandpa regarding buying out Newcastle. You see he is very good friends and consults with one of the wealthiest men in Taiwan. The man is a multi-billionaire (the Taiwanese man, not my grandpa unfortunately) . Anyways he said he will bring it up next time he flies out there. Which brings us to today. They were meeting up and my Grandpa asked if he would be interested in buying Newcastle. The gentlemen said he has no desire to own a sports team at his age (they are both in the late 80s early 90s). So there you have it folks. Cross one more billionaire off the list of potentials.

• Mister Tuff

May 24, 2019 at 2:26 PM

Moanster reveals his true desires in a roundabout way.
    Sure an’ begorrah he wants Moyes to replace Rafa.

• hibbit

May 24, 2019 at 2:26 PM

#jibdoesn’tgoanywayneverhas

• Nostradamus the Geordie

May 24, 2019 at 2:30 PM

Come on Mike, for the love of god how hard is it to come to an agreement and sign on the dotted line, the damn Declaration of Independence was signed quicker and that needed 56 signatures.
    Pull your finger out of Charnley and get signing man.

• Rotonda heights

May 24, 2019 at 2:34 PM

chicago

wouldn’t that have been better just keeping to yourself. after the big build up just another wind up.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 24, 2019 at 2:37 PM

What I like about this guy is he seems to hit the ball cleanly no scuffing when one on one with the keeper just smashes it and stays composed !!

Him and Rondon would also be a good selection of strikers to choose from next season lets get moving!

• ChicagoToon1

May 24, 2019 at 2:41 PM

Rotonda,

I thought about it, but then it leaves it open for an ITK to claim. At least I didn’t spoon feed it for months. Billionaire in far east. No not Japan. No not Korea. Made his weath no not through petroleum, no not through rare earth metals, etc. 😀

• Jib

May 24, 2019 at 2:42 PM

#hibbitsayshegoesbutwatchesinthedenton

• Nostradamus the Geordie

May 24, 2019 at 2:44 PM

Thanks LCBP, I can see why people compare him to Robin Van Persie.

• ronaldo aarons

May 24, 2019 at 2:50 PM

I saw something the other day that ruled out any interest we had in him. I’ll try find it again.

• ronaldo aarons

May 24, 2019 at 2:51 PM

Lovem
    Yes to ronaldo vieira. Mentioned him before and very surprised when bielsa came in and just sold him off to Italy without having a proper look at him.

And, I swear it has nothing to do with the name ronaldo, honest 🙂

• ronaldo aarons

May 24, 2019 at 2:54 PM

I know he hasn’t hit off in Italy but he was very good for Leeds in the championship at 19 years old. Got a lot of raw ability and talent, needs good coaching. Wouldn’t think he’s ready for the first team but definitely a lot of potential.

• ronaldo aarons

May 24, 2019 at 2:56 PM

Sorry that link I suggest I read regarding Oudin and we had no interest. It was for a different player.

• toon22

May 24, 2019 at 3:03 PM

Remember when it was this week Tafa would sign ?
    Same will be said next week
    And the week after

Dragging it out

Different lie same reason

• toon22

May 24, 2019 at 3:04 PM

Rafa

• toon22

May 24, 2019 at 3:05 PM

You think it taking ages with both sides saying nothing is due to some kind of fantasy unreal good news ??

LoL

• hibbit

May 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM

#jibsayshe’sinspainbutreallyhe’sinroker

• Online Guy

May 24, 2019 at 3:16 PM

Ronaldo

Anything Iv posted on the sale subject is just me passing on info ..Iv never said I trust that information or distrust it ..just shared it .

It might come across cryptic because I can’t divulge fully because I do not want the person who told me and shared with me to be known ..as he does not want that, if I did I would not be told anything else so It’s a hard position to be in when you really want to share anything.

You say when it comes to a point and someone asks me something on the subject I confirm it ..that’s absolute shite. As for baiting that’s also a load of crap , I would derive no satisfaction from that which you say.

As for Ambani your telling me that I said he was buying us ..no.. I spoke about his name cropping up in the media and Knew he wore a Newcastle United shirt when he ran Marathons ..so thought it was a good idea to drop him a line.

And you Mr angry are the straw that breaks the camels back .

Toon 22

If your looking for Ashley Supporter’s you would do well to keep an eye on things here.

Bye.

• ronaldo aarons

May 24, 2019 at 3:16 PM

You know Moyes makes sense going by previous appointments, excluding Rafa.
    – British, well Scottish.
    – free agent
    – knows English football
    – wants to get back into management (he took Sunderland on for crying out loud)
    – will be desperate enough to not rock the boat a la Alan Pardew.
    – worked to shoestring budget at Everton, considered overachieving for many years keeping them in the league
    – keeping West Ham up won’t have gone unnoticed what with the turmoil and angst the fans had towards the owners at the time. Which to be fair, he handled quite well.

Not who I want of course as that man is already here but it fits. Hopefully it fits too well it doesn’t happen!

• Jib

May 24, 2019 at 3:21 PM

#itfeelslikerokergloomywithrain

• Lovem or Hatem

May 24, 2019 at 3:22 PM

@ Ronaldo

Yeah, Ronaldo Viera is a good player – could be worth a bid if Hayden leaves

• ronaldo aarons

May 24, 2019 at 3:22 PM

Online
    Like we never left 🙂

Yeah I never meant you suggested ambani was signing us. You just posted a link to a thread on this site from back then regarding that particular link. Didn’t mean to imply you suggested him taking us over. I actually liked seeing the comments from different posters similar to recently when we were gettling takeover links.

As for the rest, you can disagree but that’s what I’ve seen and others seem to agree as it has been suggested before. Anyway, just simple night shift discussion when nobody was about. Continue business as usual.

• ronaldo aarons

May 24, 2019 at 3:25 PM

Lovem
    I think he’d be similar to Hayden in terms of where he was in his development when he first signed for us.

So not sure I see him as a like for like yet but he’s a good youngster. Not seen him in Italy this season but seen he’s not player much, but was very good for Leeds in championship.

• Tsunki

May 24, 2019 at 3:25 PM

Online for goodness sake just give it up – we know why you’re called Guy it’s because you’ve been burned so many times 😀 all this “I know a bloke who knows a bloke” stuff is either you deluding yourself or being set up by someone – and that’s the kind version. The nonsense about not divulging too much or Mr/Mrs X will be revealed surely they would have been rumbled by now anyway? Call off your dog man it’s teeth have gone.

• ronaldo aarons

May 24, 2019 at 3:25 PM

#jibandhibbitsittinginatree

• Jib

May 24, 2019 at 3:26 PM

I’m not advocating him for a nanosecond
    But
    David Moyes is 10 times the coach Pardew is

• Tsunki

May 24, 2019 at 3:27 PM

It’s hardly a recommendation is it?

• ronaldo aarons

May 24, 2019 at 3:29 PM

Jib
    I don’t know, that sounds like pretty much advocating to me 😉
    Almost like you’re laying in the groundwork like certain pr companies do when they’re about to do something.

• Jib

May 24, 2019 at 3:31 PM

Tsunami v true hahaha

• Jib

May 24, 2019 at 3:32 PM

Tsunami = Tsunki

• Jib

May 24, 2019 at 3:33 PM

Hiya Ronaldo

• Dragon64

May 24, 2019 at 3:34 PM

all these players that we are linked with take with a pinch of salt every more so when manager not signed up yet and the same as any takeover if it happens so be it.
    the only issue I have is why is it taken so long for Rafa to sign is there some else going on???.

• ronaldo aarons

May 24, 2019 at 3:36 PM

That hiya thing may start to catch on you know!

Dragon
    I’ve ran out of salt, the last itk told me to use the last pinch I had.

• Dragon64

May 24, 2019 at 3:39 PM

online guy
    think ya need to chill mate ya take things to heart I don’t thing anyone other than fat mike no’s what is going on. and don’t get the frog started again he even. starts to answer him self back lolll

• Mister Tuff

May 24, 2019 at 3:41 PM

jib and Jane do that.

• geordietom

May 24, 2019 at 3:50 PM

enter the frog part 2000…

• JohnReese

May 24, 2019 at 4:13 PM

The more I think about and see people mention Moyes it does worry me that I can absolutely see that happening if/when Benitez leaves. He’d probably keep us in the league and wouldn’t demand loads of investment on players or facilities. It would be like a return to the dark days of Pardew.

Also on this lad from Reims, whilst I think he could be a decent player, does that stink of a Carr type of signing?

• toon22

May 24, 2019 at 4:19 PM

OLG

The same bollix as last time,going back 12 years now

JIB

10 times nowt is still nowt

• toon22

May 24, 2019 at 4:23 PM

If Rafa is replaced with Moyes it’s for one simple reason
    MA wants to string everyone along,and keep us just say in the league
    While he gets his tat shop adverts and profits from football at the clubs expense

Over and over again

• Dragon64

May 24, 2019 at 4:31 PM

time for a drink while the frog talks to himself or herself?