web analytics

Newcastle United Tweet Support For Former Player

Newcastle United’s official Twitter account has given a bit of a subtle poke to our local rivals today. They, of course, have done so with a bit of class as well.

Lee Bowyer– when playing for Newcastle United

Newcastle United have tweeted out congratulations to our former midfielder Lee Bowyer after he has guided Charlton to the Championship with a thrilling win today at Wembley over Sunderland.

This is a tremendous accomplishment for Lee who only became the permanent manager in September and is actually out of contract with the club this summer.

We’re pretty certain Charlton Athletic will be eager to sign Lee to another contract after this great success.

Bowyer played for the Magpies from 2003 to 2006 and made 107 appearances for the club. While he may mostly be remembered for that unfortunate incident, we remember him as a player of determination and passion who was a quality midfielder on his day.

Lee seems to have been able to channel his fire and use it to inspire his players. We hope to see him do well in what looks to be a bright future as a manager.

Well done to Lee and Charlton Athletic.

• carltoon

May 27, 2019 at 1:11 AM

Hope we’re having a blog party if this is true. surely it must be.

• ronaldo aarons

May 27, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Just got in and saw all these comments thing what’s going on for the night shift! Frantically going to go through twitter to catch up but got the gist of it, cynic head on says what will sell in the media over bank holiday, hardly any news, ah yes a take over at Newcastle.

After 12 years I can’t help but think negatively.

I mean one thing is, Dubai Micky has mentioned a few times what Arabs generally are like when they’ve been disrespected like the Man City owners were when they had a planned meeting with Ashley about buying the club. And he’s right. So I find it odd that this guy is supposed to be a family member.

Anyway, did find it odd as caught the last part of warren Barton talking on talksport and they were talking about Newcastle and champions league. I was like wtf is going on here, sorry for the lingo. Thought nothing of it.

Then got annoyed and vexed as presenter whoever he was started saying maybe newcastle fans expect too much off Ashley since he did bankroll them up and kept them up twice.

I’m just monologuing and ranting now btw.

• carltoon

May 27, 2019 at 1:14 AM

Is this why we haven’t heard any news about Rafa’s contract.

• ronaldo aarons

May 27, 2019 at 1:14 AM

I do have to apologise but can’t help it.

Sheikh Khaled… takeover rumour… another one!

• NY Mag

May 27, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Ronaldo,

I think everyone’s taking it with a huge pinch of salt……but none the less can’t help getting excited

• carltoon

May 27, 2019 at 1:17 AM

I laughed when it first came up on twitter, then it just took off. now I can’t go to bed I’m so wound up.

• swemag

May 27, 2019 at 1:17 AM

Well I guess it would be good to have Sunderland as a second string team where the youngsters can be tried out while also that way making sure there is only one elite team in the region. That is the way it works in Real Madrid and Barca I think.

• carltoon

May 27, 2019 at 1:18 AM

I think it’s true this time.

• chicousa

May 27, 2019 at 1:19 AM

toon22 @57
    “Please be true..
    Please be true..
    Please be true..
    Please be true..
    Please be true..
    Please be true..
    Please be true..”

It appears even the frog is taking this takeover story somewhat seriously! 😉

• NY Mag

May 27, 2019 at 1:19 AM

Carltoon,

Deep breaths…….we may have to wait a while to find out if it’s fact or fiction

• NY Mag

May 27, 2019 at 1:21 AM

Chico,

He was for about 10 seconds……then his ‘inner agenda’ kicked in and he was back to normal service 😀

• ronaldo aarons

May 27, 2019 at 1:21 AM

Ny
    Of course, plus it originates from the s*n. Still though 🙂

• ronaldo aarons

May 27, 2019 at 1:21 AM

It’ll be the fake sheikh, got in touch with Ashley through contacts with Sven and Allardyce.

• ilovetoon8788

May 27, 2019 at 1:22 AM

Staveley all over again. Finally the awaited fakeover to cover up failed talks with Rafa. That fat b*d is never selling.

• chicousa

May 27, 2019 at 1:23 AM

NY,
    Aye he tipped his cards a bit there! The bot has a hidden optimistic side!

• carltoon

May 27, 2019 at 1:23 AM

Ha ha can’t keep me eyes open now .I will have to wait until tomorrow. Oh please don’t let it be a wind up

• NY Mag

May 27, 2019 at 1:23 AM

Ronaldo,

I have to be honest – I’m sceptical
    But the possibilities are so enormous – that you just wanna believe….

• toon22

May 27, 2019 at 1:26 AM

You’ve decided to take one post and ignore the rest

Imho we will see
    Who did they find to give a comment on it on s BH Sunday?

Still no answer from JIB/Jane

• NY Mag

May 27, 2019 at 1:27 AM

Carltoon,

Shame the news broke on a bank holiday weekend….probably rumors are gonna be rampant tomorrrow with no clarification….

• toon22

May 27, 2019 at 1:27 AM

It’s the usual lies till the blokes on the pitch with a toon top in his hands

12 years of lies don’t just vanish

• chicousa

May 27, 2019 at 1:28 AM

toon22
    No need to be offended….just shows you are human!

• NY Mag

May 27, 2019 at 1:28 AM

toon22,

I have no idea….I’m as sceptical as you are – just hoping there’s something in this

• toon22

May 27, 2019 at 1:29 AM

NY

The fans are being mugged off again it seems
    Let’s hope it’s true or it’s going to be utter carnage

• toon22

May 27, 2019 at 1:31 AM

Going from hope to more anger about our clubs s dangerous game to play

You’ve no idea what an angry crowd will do

• NY Mag

May 27, 2019 at 1:31 AM

toon22,

Yes I agree….this is a step too far if there’s no truth in it

• toon22

May 27, 2019 at 1:31 AM

Still no answer JIB

• Bobbybee

May 27, 2019 at 1:32 AM

If its not real, it’s took every reporter at every paper right in and had their pants down. It’s being reported from every outlet so either it’s a great hoax that’s beaten everybody, or it’s actually real.
    If I can sleep, I’ll come back to this later. Hazard – he’ll do for starters. 🙂

• toon22

May 27, 2019 at 1:32 AM

MA is going to find out what we can do to his tat shops

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 27, 2019 at 1:32 AM

Just been reading through the comments again and I can’t believe JIB has used that word again. His seemingly sincere apology after the last time was obviously garbage then.

He even had the audacity to say to me ‘it’s funny how you’ve got a sister with Downs Syndrome all of a sudden’ when the fact of the matter is I always had a sister with that condition and just never mentioned her on here before because it wasn’t relevant to Newcastle United.

There’s just no educating some people, is there?

• NY Mag

May 27, 2019 at 1:34 AM

Bobby,

The press certainly know how to ‘push our buttons’…..but I’m praying this one is different

• Bobbybee

May 27, 2019 at 1:35 AM

As good as excuse as any on a bank holiday Monday. Shake yer leg has a ring to it – has it been used before? If not, why not?

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 27, 2019 at 1:35 AM

Don’t believe the rumour of a sale happening at all. Been burned too many times. It’s either a Mackem hoax or just straight up newspaper gossip rubbish to sell a few papers.

I’ll be happier than anyone else to come back on here and admit I was wrong if it turns out to be true though. I’d advise everyone to keep your expectations low on this one.

• toon22

May 27, 2019 at 1:36 AM

If it’s lies
    Again

You think we’re jjst going to shrug it off ?

• Bobbybee

May 27, 2019 at 1:39 AM

NY Mag, it’s just that name that makes you pause, innit? Pull your leg would’ve been too obvious…. If it is a hoax, hats off, ye bar steward!!
    Wait n see, so I’m going to bed to do just that. 🙂

• chicousa

May 27, 2019 at 1:39 AM

It could be lies…

Still some of the tweets are interesting….this one from an Everton fan for example:

“I fear a potential Newcastle rise more than the dominance city has being enjoying or will enjoy. They are a sleeping giant who are actually more of a rival to us than city ever was in the past. ”

…indeed!

• beefman13

May 27, 2019 at 1:40 AM

This is no milk sheikh, this is the real banana n salted caramel, its ON.

• ronaldo aarons

May 27, 2019 at 1:41 AM

Feeling I’m getting from skimming through a lots of tweets and a few articles is there is interest, no comments from Newcastle, whoever is free to offer a no comment, apparently khaled was confident of a 2bn takeover of Liverpool happening but fell through due to lack of proof to pay a £25m deposit up front but they’re not saying whether it’s happening or not but the guy wants a premier league club.

We will all hear more tomorrow, factual or crap as it’s not a bank holiday over there.

I’m not exactly sure where to stand on this, for me it’s a not happening just by going on experience.

The £350m fee though is actually supposed to be the asking fee Ashley has always wanted. I read that is.

• NY Mag

May 27, 2019 at 1:41 AM

Bobby,

Wait n see is a very sensible reaction….it’s all we can do really….

• NY Mag

May 27, 2019 at 1:47 AM

Ronaldo,

This one is a bit of a strange story….in that it’s unlike previous rumors

‘Peter Kenyon is trying to get a group together’ or ‘Amanda Staveley’ is acting on behalf of…’

This one says he’s agreed to buy the club and the PL have been informed
    That doesn’t of course Make it true…but it is different

• lesh

May 27, 2019 at 1:49 AM

Match day music through the SJP Tannoy…..

Change the words to Sheik Rafa and Roll