web analytics

Report – Newcastle Chasing Versatile Attacker

Newcastle were reported to have been in the hunt for OGC Nice forward Allan Saint-Maximin last summer. The report from last September asserted that Newcastle had launched an unsuccessful bid for the French U21 international over the summer.

A tweet from Get French Football News has again linked Saint-Maximin with Newcastle as well as Everton and Crystal Palace.

This tweet comes a few days after the player had made the following comments about his future to French radio station RMC:

“I don’t know yet.”

“I will discuss it with my entourage to know what is best for me.”

“Things have moved forward and the trend is [that I will move] abroad.”

From these comments, it does look like the player is entertaining a move from Ligue 1.

Allan Saint-Maximin– exciting player likely to leave Nice this summer

Allan Saint-Maximin is a very versatile attacker who can play on both wings or as a center-forward. This season he has made 35 appearances scoring 6 goals while adding 4 assists.

His well-rounded ability has shown in that he has played 17 games centrally as either a center-forward or second striker with the other 18 games on either wing.

He had been heavily linked with AC Milan this past winter as well as with Arsenal more recently.

With big clubs like AC Milan and Arsenal linked, you could have guessed that he will not come cheap. His reported transfer fee is likely to be between £20M and £30M.

This is another exciting player that we have been linked with who would really strengthen the squad. The high fee does seem a bit risky for the overly cautious Newcastle.

However, the player is only twenty-two years of age and could blossom into a full French International. If he can reach those heights, he would be a bargain.

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 26, 2019 at 6:17 PM

To show how exciting the match was for the Sunderland fans, one of them was fast asleep during the game.

And although I said it would be good to see a NE club getting some success, I won’t lose any sleep over them losing.

That bloke who dived into the Trafalgar Square fountain must have his brains in his arse, anyone who gets close to it can smell the chemicals that go into it, it truly pongs!

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 6:20 PM

Micky – been here eleven years and I still haven’t acclimatised to the heat. Hit 100F my first summer here and I knew I was screwed right away. No way could I live in Dubai. Alaska is more my cup of tea.

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 6:23 PM

I’m beginning to think the Mars bar I fished out of that fountain outside the Bridges in Sunderland wasn’t actually a Mars bar…

• Markaccus

May 26, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Had a fiver on the draw in the Mackem game as part of a betting pot. Cashed out 31p short of the full amount in injury time….. No more than 30 seconds before Charlton got the winner. You can imagine how hysterical my laughter was.

• Markaccus

May 26, 2019 at 6:32 PM

Egb

They have to put chemicals in it, because of all the bird shite (and occasional human, apparently).

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 26, 2019 at 6:39 PM

I’m disappointed Sunderland lost. They didn’t create enough, they controlled large parts of the game, but did very little with it. Charlton’s first goal was a lovely bit of football. Their second was lucky, but they took their chances when they came. Possession was fairly even, but Charlton were more direct and always looked more dangerous.

I’d rather see a strong north east footballing scene, and this defeat really is far more than just promotion. Parachute payments are gone, and they will have to cut their cloth accordingly, which wine huge for them…

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 26, 2019 at 6:45 PM

*will be huge for them

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 26, 2019 at 6:48 PM

My mates mackem girlfriend dreamt last night it would be 2-1 to Charlton with a winner in the last 10 minutes

• DubaiMicky

May 26, 2019 at 6:49 PM

Chancel, I kinda agree, the last straw for me was getting up at 5am for the 6.10 to London, in the dark, damp country (we lived in a converted Mill House on a river meander), anyway, I walked to the car to drive to the station in my suit and posh shoes, slipped, mud all over me. Sat there and thought there’s got to be better than this. 8 months later I was working for Emirates in Dubai.

Yes it gets a bit warm, but I despise the damp/wet/overcast weather, I’m not that mad about 40c+, I can live with 30c every day and 15c is positively cold!

I would love clean and cold, the sun out and the snow on the ground – but not slush…

• Tsunki

May 26, 2019 at 6:58 PM

And so the mackem hopes are dashed yet again and possibly the spectre of lean times and even points-deductable monetary problems loom menacingly.

The Stadium might be getting a bit lighter when they start selling off the seats and opening up offers for car boot sales, fairgrounds, shoddy circuses and bric-a-brac markets.

I’m not surprised that bloated tart was lost in the fountain, obviously a bath is an alien concept but knew exactly what to do with a receptacle full of filthy water. Dire humans.

• DubaiMicky

May 26, 2019 at 7:01 PM

@Tsunki #10.

One of the best posts I’ve read on here.

• lesh

May 26, 2019 at 7:14 PM

Tsunki

She’s probably used to sheep dip and probably saw the fountain as a luxury spa!

• lesh

May 26, 2019 at 7:16 PM

And her washing’s taken care of for the year too! We’ll worth the trip when all’s considered

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 26, 2019 at 7:16 PM

Although it is enjoyable seeing Sunderland suffering its also a stark reminder how quickly things could get out of hand for us if Rafa leaves……

• lesh

May 26, 2019 at 7:18 PM

* Well worth the trip when all’s considered

I thought it best to correct the autocorrect before the grammar and punctuation police get on the case.

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 7:33 PM

Bunga – very true. The lower leagues are a grave yard of ex-Premier League clubs. It’s a slippery slope. That said, let’s just enjoy the moment eh? 🙂

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 7:39 PM

Hoping for a Derby win tomorrow. I haven’t forgotten the Villa fans laughing at us when we went down. Could be double the fun this Memorial Day weekend for me.

• Toon22

May 26, 2019 at 7:43 PM

Come on villa.

• toon22

May 26, 2019 at 7:52 PM

Hiya JIB

But sad being pro MA ain’t it

• toon22

May 26, 2019 at 7:56 PM

Once Rafa leaves without a contract he will be able to talk to the media without Mr Barnes looming over him

You think he will have anything good to say about MA or any of his goons ?

you think he will just stay quiet while MA spends next seasons transfer budget on shops ?

Again

• toon22

May 26, 2019 at 7:58 PM

Funny how the pro MA brigade needs alt accounts,impersonate other posters and foul language to try and convince people MA aint such a bad guy after all

Sleep with dogs…

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 8:03 PM

I must be reading a different website because I don’t see anyone here supporting Ashley. Pretty much everyone agrees that he’s bad for the club and wants him out. Which begs the question, who are you preaching to toon22?

• toon22

May 26, 2019 at 8:06 PM

Im responding to whoever is pretending to be me,the toon22 without my avatar

And i disagree with you about not seeing anyone on this blog who supports MA,all of those inside info sale stories.How the accounts are legit and the money hasnt vansihed
    How its all Rafas fault

Take your pick

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 8:14 PM

I suppose you read into that whatever you want. Might be a good idea to reign in the crazy a little bit though, it’s a bit much.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 26, 2019 at 8:16 PM

McGeady has to be up there with Bojan, FEC (Michael Johnson), Viana, Markovic (to name a few) as someone who allowed attitude and a lack of determonation/will power. From his early days, he should have been a Prem player. All day long.

• Oldgit1

May 26, 2019 at 8:19 PM

I see Berahina of stoke has been sacked with his contract terminated. Didn’t we have a 25m offer rejected for him. Wipe sweat off my brow moment.

• c-dog

May 26, 2019 at 8:20 PM

Abraham Rondon A a good CM and two first choice full/wing backs. Bish bash bosh, we’re guaranteed 7th with Rafa. 70 million. A fraction of the money Ashley has taken from the club.

• beermonkey

May 26, 2019 at 8:23 PM

oldgit

just means we can sign him for free now
    mikes head tilts back drool drips from his mouth as he says mmmmmm freeeeeeeeeeeee (just like homer)

• ronaldo aarons

May 26, 2019 at 8:32 PM

ASM, player linked, is one of the best dribblers in the French league. And I’m fully aware that Ben Arfa is playing in that league.

• ronaldo aarons

May 26, 2019 at 8:35 PM

Will add that it’s just another smiley poo emoji link, too much for our war chest.