web analytics

Sunderland Dramatically Beaten By Stoppage Time Goal

After Sunderland got a complete gift goal from the Charlton goalkeeper after only 5 minutes in the League One Playoff Final at Wembley, they could have put the game away over the following 20 minutes with Charlton completely stunned.

But then Charlton equalized through Ben Purrington after 35 minutes and they were back in it.

It was 1-1 at half time and throughout the second half and into stoppage time and then would you believe it – Charlton scored the winner though Patrick Bauer after 94 minutes.

It’s hard to think of a more cruel end to the season for Sunderland.

It’s the agony and the ecstasy in these playoff games and it will be very hard to take for Sunderland fans.

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 5:33 PM

This might be our favourite story that Ed posts this summer lads. I hope I’m wrong though…

• Nostradamus the Geordie

May 26, 2019 at 5:35 PM

Was suddenly does my weekend seem so, so much better, can’t put my finger on it but the sun seems to be shining just a little brighter.

• Jib

May 26, 2019 at 5:35 PM

• Average_Contents

May 26, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Hahahahahahaha.

Ha.

Oh and erm, ha!

• Mag52

May 26, 2019 at 5:38 PM

It couldn’t have happened to a nicer bunch of losers.

• hibbit

May 26, 2019 at 5:40 PM

met office just issued a flood warning for the wear …………….something to do with all the tears in Sunderland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

• Nostradamus the Geordie

May 26, 2019 at 5:41 PM

Just watched the video in Trafalgar, you can see why Geordie girls are so much sexier than Mackem wenches.

When I first watched the video I honestly thought I was watching a scene from the new Star Wars movie, I was like why are they showing Jabba the hits misses on the new movie.

As for the trash and crap they left, well what do you expect from a bunch of garbage munching mackems twats.

• Budge123

May 26, 2019 at 5:44 PM

loved this comment on the bbcsite – As a Plymouth Argyle supporter I am more than pleased. Sunderland fielding a weakened team on the last match of the season, and losing to relegation candidates, meant that we were relegated on goal difference by that team. Even a draw and we stay up. Up yours Mackems.

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 5:44 PM

From the BBC: ‘Sunderland just can not catch a break can they.

The past 17 years the team that has scored first in the third tier play-off final has gone up.’

Nice to see the trend continue because Sunderland didn’t score the first goal, did they? They didn’t score any!

• toonluvva

May 26, 2019 at 5:46 PM

Wembley 2 Sunderland 0!

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 5:47 PM

30C here, which I’m hating but the SMBs losing is making my day more bearable. Where would I be without air conditioning?

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 5:48 PM

Two in row for Wembley! Two in row!

• hallelujah..john tudor john tudor

May 26, 2019 at 5:49 PM

bet them american investors are straight back on the plane

• hallelujah..john tudor john tudor

May 26, 2019 at 5:51 PM

lee bowyer= newcastle legend

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 6:00 PM

Newcastle website just congratulated Bowyer for his achievement. At least the club is doing something right

• DubaiMicky

May 26, 2019 at 6:03 PM

Chancel. Puff, it was 44c here today, and I STILL walked out to get a cab.

• Bigjim67

May 26, 2019 at 6:06 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Munster Mag

May 26, 2019 at 6:10 PM

Jib, tks for posting the stupid mackem jumping in the fountain. I think we should just call them Fountain Shitters instead of Sunderland or makems from now on. I bet their City Council must be appalled by this 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

May 26, 2019 at 6:11 PM

Munster,
    You used to be one of my favourite posters, now you make me feel a bit sick 😮

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 26, 2019 at 6:16 PM

To show how exciting the match was for the Sunderland fans, one of them was fast asleep during the game.

And although I said it would be good to see a NE club getting some success, I won’t lose any sleep over them losing.

That bloke who dived into the Trafalgar Square fountain must have his brains in his arse, anyone who gets close to it can smell the chemicals that go into it, it truly pongs!

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 26, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Micky – been here eleven years and I still haven’t acclimatised to the heat. Hit 100F my first summer here and I knew I was screwed right away. No way could I live in Dubai. Alaska is more my cup of tea.

• Jib

May 26, 2019 at 6:21 PM

This is is tragic for Sunlun
    Stewart Donald was hoping to flip the black cats
    for a tidy profit
    He’s only worth about £8m – some Toon players are worth more
    I can see them going into liquidation
    Qué Pena as Rafa would say

• lesh

May 26, 2019 at 7:09 PM

Looking at our Sunlun friends’ behaviour in London might just explain why Sunlun voted for Brexit. They’ve got the style of a NAAFI cup!