web analytics

Is Rafa In The Dark About Possible Takeover?

Sky Sports journalist Pete Graves had an interesting tweet earlier about the looming takeover bid of Newcastle by Sheikh Khaled.

The tweet referenced Sheikh Khaled’s failure to buy Liverpool last year. It also mentioned that Rafa Benitez is unaware of any fresh interest in Newcastle.

Rafa Benitez-Is he unaware of possible takeover?

If true this is a bit concerning as surely Rafa would be aware of a takeover bid that is as far along as being reported.

Here is Pete Graves’ tweet:

The reference to Liverpool is a £2B deal that failed to materialize last year. While some reports claim that Sheikh Khaled was unable to offer proof of funds, Liverpool were most likely not for sale.

We are cautiously optimistic about these reports of a takeover.

However, we do emphasize the word “cautiously” as these are only reports with no definitive confirmations at the moment.

But, you could only leave it to Mike Ashley to have finally sold the club and not have bothered to tell Rafa Benitez about it.

• ronaldo aarons

May 27, 2019 at 1:29 PM

I’d take a goldfish over lee chanley

• hibbit

May 27, 2019 at 1:31 PM

sing in the corner LoL 😀

• ilovetoon8788

May 27, 2019 at 1:32 PM

The strange thing is rafa actually met Charnley and Ashley for so many days only to realise we are getting taken over.

I think this was Ashley last middle finger to rafa by wasting his time. Lol

• Nostradamus the Geordie

May 27, 2019 at 1:34 PM

If this is completely true the FA better not fcuk this up for the city, they should not have any issues in our club being sold.
    One. We have an owner that’s bleeds the club dry.
    Two. The owner is a complete piece of shite.
    Three. The fans have had enough of this tyrant running our club.
    Four. Can we just get a break from Pinky and the Brain.
    Five. Why not Newcastle being the next big boys on campus, both Manchester clubs have owners that actually invest in the club.
    Six. We don’t want to see SD advertisements at the ground anymore.
    Seven. MA is an embarrassment to the sport.
    Eight. Rafa deserves to be given the chance to make Newcastle the team he wants.
    Nine. No more songs about cockneys.
    And Ten. Wouldn’t it be fun to see 50000 fans all dressed as Arabs for our first home match.

• ctommo

May 27, 2019 at 1:36 PM

If this deal goes through I wouldn’t be surprised to see Staveley take over at the top from Charnley.

• neverwin

May 27, 2019 at 1:37 PM

we surely are not falling for this again

• sing in the corner

May 27, 2019 at 1:38 PM

I will tell you one thing.. If and when Rafa eventually writes his book it is gonna be one hell of a read! The stuff that’s gone on over the last 3 years behind the scenes that will come out one day..and Rafa, professional or no, will be itching to tell the world!!?

• Optimistic Panda

May 27, 2019 at 1:39 PM

Of we’re taken over by the man in question I see a football man at the top, as Hibbit suggests Kenyon if not it’ll be someone with a similar background.

• Optimistic Panda

May 27, 2019 at 1:40 PM

Sing

Guaranteed best seller just from the Liverpool and Toon fans alone.

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 27, 2019 at 1:41 PM

Just marking my calendar, because today was the day that I agreed with toon22. I won’t believe any of this until I see the new owner on the pitch holding a Toon shirt.

• Ron Knee

May 27, 2019 at 1:41 PM

Mike Ashley@MoneyMikeAshley

Lads, you’ve got to trust me. Have I been wrong before?

I will never ever ever sell this cash cow.

• hibbit

May 27, 2019 at 1:42 PM

ilovetoon8788

how many times did they actual meet , as far as i know it was once ????

anyway why would this bother you surely your own club has enough problems of its own for you to worry about 😉

• ilovetoon8788

May 27, 2019 at 1:43 PM

Board meeting called at
    @NUFC
    . 3pm. #NUFC

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 27, 2019 at 1:44 PM

The fact that the potential buyer is so rich has probably made Ashley’s eyes light up with pound signs. He’s likely asking for stupid clauses and other stuff to maximise his profit on the club. At some point the buyer will say enough is enough, take the deal or not and Ashley will turn it down. Pure greed is all he knows.

That said, I hope I’m one hundred percent wrong and this is actually happening. Fingers crossed!!!

• ilovetoon8788

May 27, 2019 at 1:45 PM

Hibbit, isn’t meeting once also a waste of time. And the new owners did not even inform rafa. I think they have a new manager lined up to replace rafa.

But I think the best would be to retain rafa during the transition period of atleast 2 seasons before a klopp like manager leads us to the title on the 3rd.

• TyneMouth

May 27, 2019 at 1:46 PM

Up until Sunday evening everything was going smoothly.

No news from SJP.

No comments from Rafa.

A constant drip of repeat newspaper articles from journalists with nothing new to add.

Suggestions of various transfer targets, the good, the bad and Andy Carroll…

All the ingredients to suggest that possibly something could be happening behind the scenes.

The sound of silence indeed. That’s the noise of a Non Disclosure Agreement clicking into action…

Hang onto your hats, lads and lasses, (…all with smiling faces, perhaps…)

• Lindisfarne

May 27, 2019 at 1:48 PM

Get into our club
    Get into our club.
    You Filthy Rich Arab
    Get into our club.

• jimiley

May 27, 2019 at 1:51 PM

Fat man always wants secrecy about a deal but never gets it. I wonder who broke this sheikh story??? No secrecy so no deal. We can try again in November.

• lesh

May 27, 2019 at 1:54 PM

Dubai

Never mind the mackems and Lee Gwon, I think we’d rather hear confirmation that Ashley’s Gwon! 🙂

TyneMouth

Fingers crossed that the young lady you were talking to at the burned meat gaff hasn’t built hopes up too much. 😉

• lesh

May 27, 2019 at 2:03 PM

Optimistic Panda

I missed your (I think) post about vaping CBD/ OG Kush and would appreciate your help with a couple of questions. I can’t be bothered to search the web for hours.

Is the stuff you get totally VG or if not, what percentage PG?

What strength CBD do you recommend and why?

Do you use it neat or mix the CBD/ Kush with any other liquid and if so, what and what sort of proportions?

Can it be ‘smoked’ as one would a cigarette or is it normal to take the odd tugs every few hours?

I’d appreciate your guidance as I’m a newcomer to vaping and want to gradually withdraw the nicotine content over time to zero.

• ilovetoon8788

May 27, 2019 at 2:03 PM

Why is it that our local rag is the last to know of any breaking news?? Wtf do they actually do?

• Ron Knee

May 27, 2019 at 2:04 PM

Sunderland Echo?

• sing in the corner

May 27, 2019 at 2:05 PM

To expand jib’s link a bit…
    This hamed alharthi is apparently a respected UAE journo, said to have broke the Man City takeover story early. He is followed by Man City official Twitter allegedly..

• ronaldo aarons

May 27, 2019 at 2:07 PM

And Tom Cruise, don’t forget that vital piece of info.

• ronaldo aarons

May 27, 2019 at 2:09 PM

That same guy apparently in Arabic is jokingly having a go at mido as the whole of Newcastle are occupying his timeline. Or something similar. Again twitter replies and google translate etc.

• DubaiMicky

May 27, 2019 at 2:10 PM

• DaveD1000

May 27, 2019 at 2:10 PM

Tom Cruise is the clincher

• Optimistic Panda

May 27, 2019 at 2:20 PM

Lesh

I have zero nicotine in mine, went off it straight away. CBD is used for withdrawal from opiates so what’s a little nicotine craving.

The strength depends on yourself and how much pain you’re coping with, it’s great with Anxiety and other ailments. I’m mixing and buying, I buy both from a company in Barcelona totally legit.

Vaping again is up to you, like a tab, when you need it etc. You need a mouth to lung vape.

You’re better getting cbd extracted from the plant via co2 extraction, all the other methods involve alcohol or solvents, no thanks.

VG or PG is upto yourself one carries the nicotine the other Carries the flavour. I try to keep mine 50/50.

The stuff I get pre mixed smells and tastes just like the weed it’s from as they use the natural turpenes from the plant, it’s very good. Then I get a pure base from them to mix with flavours.

I buy my stuff from meetharmony.com
    Vapecbduk also have some great info to read on vaping cbd

• sing in the corner

May 27, 2019 at 2:25 PM

AC
    The way today is going I think we could all go with a bang on that!
    🙂

• sing in the corner

May 27, 2019 at 2:25 PM

Oops sorry, OP

• sing in the corner

May 27, 2019 at 2:27 PM

I got the fakey / takey sheikhy fever

• martoon

May 27, 2019 at 2:28 PM

I don’t understand this board meeting at 3pm – the only board member is Lee Charnley – what’s he going to do sit in a phone box?

• Munster Mag

May 27, 2019 at 2:29 PM

Tynemouth, completely agree mate.

• Binney

May 27, 2019 at 2:29 PM

It’s happening

• martoon

May 27, 2019 at 2:30 PM

Also credit to Tynemouth – yesterday he did mention this in his BBQ story!

• DubaiMicky

May 27, 2019 at 2:32 PM

And now we’re signing a defender too https://twitter.com/SunNewcastle/status/1132998945179938816

Young Boys defender Loris Benito arrives in England ahead of Newcastle transfer

• Ron Knee

May 27, 2019 at 2:33 PM

martoon@75

There’s (at least) one troll on here!