web analytics

Newcastle Acknowledge Interest In Buying Club From Member Of Abu Dhabi Royal Family

The Chronicle are reporting that senior sources at Newcastle have confirmed to them there is indeed interest in a takeover from Dubai-based billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan.

However, while there have been claims the deal is almost done, the sources said there are still some steps to complete – some way to go.

But if it’s true that the signed contracts have been sent to the Premier League for their approval the deal could be completed within a reasonable time frame.

The Chronicle are reporting that officials at Newcastle have confirmed t them that discussions have actually been held with a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family.

And the club – quite rightly in our opinion – are refusing to make any further comment about the situation.

They should be moving fast to confirm the deal and to do that as quickly as possible.

Good and successful takeovers are done quietly and with some stealth, and this is what seems to have happened with this proposed deal.

One of the next steps is for the Premier League to pass the Premier League’s Owners’ and Directors’ Test.

Its good in a way that this has gone public because any player associated with Newcastle in this summer transfer window will wait to see what happens.

That’s good for Newcastle, and that’s good for Rafa Benitez.

It’s also excellent for our long-suffering fans spread all over the world.

Comments welcome

• toonbrother

May 27, 2019 at 10:00 AM

when this deal goes through I expect the personal attacks on this blog to get even more vicious
    some people are so angry and frustrated in life they need an outlet like ashley to survive
    Ashley is their reason to live.
    now he is gone, their lives will get even angrier and more miserable

I for one i’m loving life!
    and loving being a newcastle fan right now
    Gareth bale, Malcom, Morata? Why not?

• Pickup Points Benitez

May 27, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Toonbrother will it mean your personal attacks on players you don’t like will stop?
    Or you saying that such and such “has been awful, get him off!” When everyone else is seeing them play well, will stop?

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 27, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Just feels like all this is doing is delaying Rafas contract and any transfers so when it falls through again we will be woefully unprepared for next season!!!

Just say for speculation that a sale is going through maybe the new owners don’t want Rafa as manager?

Highly unlikely but sometimes owners like to make their own mark with their own manager etc

• Pickup Points Benitez

May 27, 2019 at 10:04 AM

Also toonbrother.
    Bale. Yes
    Malcom. Maybe
    Morata. Maybe.
    My personal opinion on those players

• toonbrother

May 27, 2019 at 10:06 AM

@pickup
    I reserve the right to criticise any player i choose especially during games when emotions are running high
    this is my fundamental right as a fan
    its never personal though

• dee em

May 27, 2019 at 10:06 AM

If it happens they will have to build a new stadium out of the city – surely with the limitations of the listed buildings behind the east stand there is no way they could increase the capacity to the 80000 a successful NUFC would need?

• MrMojoRisin76

May 27, 2019 at 10:07 AM

The only way Jabba should leave Newcastle.

• Mag :P

May 27, 2019 at 10:08 AM

Never personal but its always the same players that are given abuse by you.

Funny that.

• Ron Knee

May 27, 2019 at 10:08 AM

“Maybe the sun went for the sensational headline.”

Do bears excrete in woodland areas?

• Optimistic Panda

May 27, 2019 at 10:08 AM

I’ve just woke up to this and I’m glad I’ve missed most of it.

They’ve talked which is a start, is this further than his cousin got before Ashley went in the piss?

I’m holding off celebrations just yet, I want the words “official news” from NUFC before I break out the sasparella and a Savaloy dip.

• kilcline

May 27, 2019 at 10:09 AM

We have all been around long enough to know that even if this is true, Mike Ashley’s greed will find a way to ruin it.

Expect Rafa to have to wheel and deal his way to another season of uncertainty and then safety.

• Grafton83

May 27, 2019 at 10:10 AM

After 12 years we might finally be free and free to be competitive against all teams. With Rafa in charge the mind boggles

• MrMojoRisin76

May 27, 2019 at 10:11 AM

• Optimistic Panda

May 27, 2019 at 10:13 AM

Toonbrother

I bet the world of football is praying we sign Bale,Malcom and Morata just to hear you review their play.

• Tsunki

May 27, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Hmmm…….

Not sure about this at all – OLG hasn’t rubber stamped this one.

• SredniVashtar

May 27, 2019 at 10:17 AM

I’m gonna have to hold X to doubt on this one fellas

I don’t want to believe, I don’t want to hope

It’s not the misery – I can live with that. It’s the hope that kills you

• NezzaNUFC

May 27, 2019 at 10:20 AM

My personal fear if the takeover happens, is Jose Mourinho!

Don’t know why but I’ll hate to see him here.

• DubaiMicky

May 27, 2019 at 10:21 AM

Arabs are in it for the longer term, we won’t be signing Bale for example, they’ll look at investing in the infrastructure and slowly building the team around Rafa, they’ll want the dogs danglies of all stadiums so expect some redevelopment or re-building talk too (and Bin Zayed Group does have a property and construction division), in summary I’d expect a few decent signings and for us to go for some silverware in the first 2 seasons – that’ll do me.

• NezzaNUFC

May 27, 2019 at 10:24 AM

Man City owners didn’t hesitate building a squad once bought, maybe this guy won’t?

• NezzaNUFC

May 27, 2019 at 10:28 AM

First thing on any businessman mind is the further up the PL you get the more money you get, champions and UEFA you make money, Mike thought this was to risky and it would cost him money but to make money will cost money, a concept Mike doesn’t know.

But these guy’s do 🙂

• Lovem or Hatem

May 27, 2019 at 10:28 AM

George Caulkin
    @GeorgeCaulkin
    Morning! My policy on here is to refrain from weighing in unless I’ve got something useful/interesting/factual to add. On #Nufc takeover, the club won’t comment, the Premier League haven’t commented. What I do know, however, is that Ashley has been in sale talks for a while now.

• Paul141726

May 27, 2019 at 10:32 AM

As much as I want to believe, past experience has me thinking that heartbreak is right around the corner.

• ilovetoon8788

May 27, 2019 at 10:34 AM

I find it strange that rafa and his team had no idea of the takeover. Does that mean they have wasted the last 8 days having discussion with an outgoing tea boy?

• ilovetoon8788

May 27, 2019 at 10:36 AM

I think this dubai group won’t want rafa in charge. I’d say we will have a new manager in this new era. That’s why rafa and his team wasn’t made aware of this.

• Optimistic Panda

May 27, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Another few days of anxiety followed by the depression of Ashley throwing a spanner in the works.

I’d would preferred no speculation and the sale announced as done and dusted.

Ashley like to do things in private or so we hear, has this been leaked to derail a deal?

Wouldn’t be the first time, I’m stopping myself becoming to excited or involved until conformation by credible sources appears.

• geordietom

May 27, 2019 at 10:39 AM

i’m gonna err on the side of caution this time . after all we have been down this road before . i’ll wait to celebrate when its been confirmed …

• DubaiMicky

May 27, 2019 at 10:39 AM

Happy Birthday Gazza!

• ilovetoon8788

May 27, 2019 at 10:42 AM

Just read that luke Edwards has pour cold water on many reports. Apparently long way to go.

Reality check I guess.

• ilovetoon8788

May 27, 2019 at 10:42 AM

Might be stuck with the fat b*d for a while yet.

• hibbit

May 27, 2019 at 10:43 AM

ilovetoon8788

hope your enjoying your weekend, yesterday must have such a disappointment for you such a shame for you hope you took my advice with the Kleenex,
    i used a full pack myself with the tears of joy from Charlton’s last goal will live in my memory for many years to come

• Optimistic Panda

May 27, 2019 at 10:45 AM

Hibbit

League one till I die, the new Sunderland documentary on Netflix will be a treat.

• Tsunki

May 27, 2019 at 10:46 AM

Why would the club deny anything even if it’s not true – the stalling power is magnificent. They can’t pass up letting a rumour like this one string out for as long as possible.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 27, 2019 at 10:48 AM

If we do get new owners I would like to see Rafa backed and given a couple of years contract to see how he gets on after having to suffer under Ashley he deserves a fair crack at it with a good budget !

Still won more trophies than every other manager except Pep and Emery in the premiership lets give him the tools he needs to go toe to toe with the big 6 in games!!

• simon376

May 27, 2019 at 10:51 AM

Hibbit, you should have been there to experience the Charlton fans and the atmosphere when that goal went in. Had been a game of 2 poor teams but oh how everything changed. My family going wild was funny. HD the 5.5 hour drive back, got in the house at 12:30, put blog on and couldn’t believe what I was seeing, then newsnow, now just waiting and hoping

• one fine day

May 27, 2019 at 10:54 AM

Ilovetoon
    You must be shitting yourself this going to happen …
    All those 0.3 predications will be consigned to the past.
    Why on earth you think a new owner would want to get the huge fan base offside by sacking their idol is beyond belief .
    I know it was easier for your new owner to drop Coleman as he had just been relegated but Christ man give it a rest .

• hibbit

May 27, 2019 at 10:56 AM

Lee Charnley Bunga Party

could be the big SEVEN from now on 😉

• one fine day

May 27, 2019 at 10:57 AM

Hibbit,
    He used two boxes of Kleenex on Sunday one for tears the other to clean up his lass after she got out the fountain 🙂

• Legolas

May 27, 2019 at 10:59 AM

It’s not dull being a Newcastle fan. I went to bed with the happy thought that there would be breaking news on sky in the morning.

Now, there are reports pouring cold water on the story.

Oh well, I still have the memory of that last gasp Charlton goal.

Every cloud and all that.

• Optimistic Panda

May 27, 2019 at 11:00 AM

There cant be any mackems on here today they’re all re enacting the Jarrow march in reverse, not for historical reasons they’ve just got no money for the train.

• Paul141726

May 27, 2019 at 11:00 AM

ah yes. the regimes modus operandi in action again I guess. stall as long as possible in talks with Rafa, float the idea that the club def in the final stages of being sold. great for them to not spend on the playing squad, academy or infrastructure and probably even get Rafa to say ‘thanks, but no thanks’ to their contract extension. why does my hope always jump up and shout “YES” at the mention of a sale, knowing full well that its all smoke and mirrors again from the experts in bullish*t