web analytics

Newcastle Likely To Miss Out On This Summer Target

In a thrilling Championship Playoff final at Wembley this afternoon, Aston Villa hung on grimly after going two goals up in the second half and managed to win 2-1 and get promoted back to the Premier League.

But it was a great comeback by Derby County with 30 minutes to go as manager Frank Lampard changed things around and put more attackers on the field.

El Ghazi had put Villa ahead just before half time with a well-taken goal but then goalkeeper Kelle Roos committed a real howler when he should have easily collected a cross, but allowed McGinn to move in and put the ball in the net.

That was 2-0 after 59 minutes.

It was then that Derby came back strongly as they had done against Leeds in the semi-final.

They got one back when Waghorn scored a good goal with 9 minutes left.

Tammy Abraham – Aston Villa have first option to buy him this summer – after their promotion today

Villa were wasting time as much as they could and looked disheveled as County had their chances but after 7 minutes of stoppage time, it was over.

Aston Villa, who were relegated with Newcastle in 2016 are now back into the Premier League – and good for them.

This means that on-loan striker Tammy Abraham will likely join Villa if Chelsea decide they can allow their England International leave Stamford Bridge this summer.

Abraham has said he would like to stay at Chelsea and fight for a first-team place.

And with Sheikh Khaled now likely to acquire Newcastle for around 350M, Rafa Benitez will have more money to spend this summer and could well go after better players who will cost more money.

We’ll have to wait and see – but there’s an awful lot to happen over the next two weeks at Newcastle never mind over the summer.

Howay The Lads!!

• BenArfa the magician

May 27, 2019 at 5:15 PM

“In response to numerous reports in the media this morning, we would like to comment as follows.

“We can confirm the representatives of Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan are in discussions with Mike Ashley regarding the acquisition of #nufc.”

“We view it as an honour to have the opportunity to build on the strong support, history and tradition of the club.

“We have agreed terms and are working hard to complete the transaction at the earliest opportunity.

Lee Ryder
    ?
    Verified account

@lee_ryder
    1m1 minute ago
    #nufc say the statement from Bin Zayed Group is genuine but refuse to comment further.

• BenArfa the magician

May 27, 2019 at 5:16 PM

Tammy will no longer be a target Mbappe fits the bill now.

• Binney

May 27, 2019 at 5:17 PM

IT’S HAPPENING IT’S HAPPENING IT’S HAPPENING

• Novocastrian66

May 27, 2019 at 5:18 PM

Good grief Reilly that is fairly conclusive. They’re stating the deal is done.

• Novocastrian66

May 27, 2019 at 5:19 PM

My legs have turned to jelly.

• Munster Mag

May 27, 2019 at 5:21 PM

I’m feeling all manluvvy for the bearded hero.

• Novocastrian66

May 27, 2019 at 5:22 PM

It just needs to signed off. Hopefully there aren’t any spanner’s thrown in.

• Shoulders knees

May 27, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Repost
    55% believing now

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 27, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Statement released from buyers in last half hour – Terms agreed – £350 million small things to be sorted out!!!

• hibbit

May 27, 2019 at 5:25 PM

with the right owners and Rafa as manager any player is possible

• lochinvar

May 27, 2019 at 5:26 PM

Tammy’s going to be miffed he picked the wrong team.
    Kennedy could be kicking himself.

BenArfa – Lee Ryder
    Need to see the signed contact as its still work in progress

Novo66
    Jelly legs – you need some cream for that

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 27, 2019 at 5:26 PM

Sun statement
    ‘TOON TIME Newcastle takeover by Sheikh Khaled close to completion with ‘terms agreed’ and £350million deal expected ‘at the earliest opportunity’
    SunSport have received a statement from the Bin Zayed Group that confirms the deal is almost over the line’

• BenArfa the magician

May 27, 2019 at 5:26 PM

We would have the richest owner in the Prem WOW everythings crossed lets bring fantasy football to St James

• BenArfa the magician

May 27, 2019 at 5:28 PM

Lochinvar

Yep needs to be signed although he does say its agreed.

• dexter53

May 27, 2019 at 5:30 PM

Good. Hes shite.

• Tsunki

May 27, 2019 at 5:31 PM

Prime the frog repellant spray. ..

• DubaiMicky

May 27, 2019 at 5:31 PM

I’ve started drinking……

• Tsunki

May 27, 2019 at 5:32 PM

If we are being would up I have to say it’s a good job. And strangely hot on the heels of our rejoicing at the mackems misfortune…hmmmm

• Tsunki

May 27, 2019 at 5:32 PM

Wound up .

• Shoulders knees

May 27, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Well it’s gonna be along week or so.
    We deserve some good news for a change , maybe just maybe.

• geordietom

May 27, 2019 at 5:37 PM

at ‘earliest opportunity’
    17:06
    Reports – Ayoze Perez to move to Spurs
    16:46
    Reports – Loris Benito heading to NUFC
    14:26
    NUFC confirm talks with Sheikh Khaled but still ‘some way’ off brokering a deal
    08:54

17:13ANDREW MUSGROVE
    Lee Ryder on the Bin Zayed statement
    United say the statement from Bin Zayed Group is genuine but refuse to comment further.

LEE RYDER

17:06KEY EVENT
    NEW – Deal to be completed at ‘earliest opportunity’
    Our man Lee Ryder has a statement from Midhat Kidwai, Managing Director of the Bin Zayed Group.

In response to numerous reports in the world media this morning, we would like to comment as follows.

“We can confirm the representatives of his Highness Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan are in discussions with Mike Ashley and his team about the proposed acquisition of Newcastle United Football Club.

“Best Regards, Midhat Kidwai, Group Managing Director, Bin Zayed Group

• TyneMouth

May 27, 2019 at 5:37 PM

What’s going to be on the front of our shirts next season?

No gambler’s adverts, methinks…

Suggestions, please…

Also, what do you do with 5000 obsolete ‘sports ditect’ signage, ( Appart from the obvious!)

• Markaccus

May 27, 2019 at 5:38 PM

So, this is genuine. However, while both parties confirm it, there is still a chance Ashley will screw it up before completion. And going off his history, my bet is he will. I won’t let myself believe it until he is actually sitting in the ho seat.

• DaveD1000

May 27, 2019 at 5:39 PM

Tsunk
    does your speelchucker ever update?

• Mister Tuff

May 27, 2019 at 5:41 PM

Tubbs greed might be a factor is this bid does not progress ie wanting to retain shirt sales and getting a cut for doing nowt.

• Mister Tuff

May 27, 2019 at 5:41 PM

is = if

• ashleysmate

May 27, 2019 at 5:42 PM

Tsunki@19
    My thoughts exactly, I’ve thought its bollocks since the story (fairy tale?)broke. ..but by heaven’s,I hope I’m wrong

• jazzyp

May 27, 2019 at 5:44 PM

Sky sports breaking the news now

• jazzyp

May 27, 2019 at 5:45 PM

It has been confirmed terms have been agreed

• Grafton83

May 27, 2019 at 5:45 PM

Ok time to make the mother of all shopping lists, we’re going to Waitrose lads!!!

• TheDrewid

May 27, 2019 at 5:46 PM

I’ve been following this blog for years now and very rarely comment, but the recent events have woken me from my slumber. I desperately want this sale to be true but can’t “sheik” the nagging feeling that we’ve been through this too many times before. The cynic in me is telling me to be cool until it’s officially revealed to be true, yet that doesn’t stop me from refreshing my newsfeed every 30 seconds for an update.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargggghh!

• Budge123

May 27, 2019 at 5:46 PM

even the FCB cant mess this up from here can he

• Mister Tuff

May 27, 2019 at 5:48 PM

NEWSFLASH.
    Has one of the buyers been spotted at SJP. If so I claim brownee points for bringing it to the notice of fellow fans on this blog and will expect to receive plaudits – like a few others on here.

• geordietom

May 27, 2019 at 5:48 PM

is just been on ssn terms agreed … its gonna happen lad and lasses …

• Mister Tuff

May 27, 2019 at 5:49 PM

correction not SJP but Old Trafford.

• Nostradamus the Geordie

May 27, 2019 at 5:51 PM

Last night I thought about having a drink, I didn’t as I was playing golf today. Then this morning I thought if this is true maybe I should tell the wife she may have to collect a drunken Geordie golfer at the course, I didn’t.

So due to go to the course in about 30 minutes and I’m stuck in limbo, yesterday’s report made me not sleep much and I was up at 3.30 am checking on every news group I could.

So what is a man to do, not in my 30s anymore so hangovers take way longer to heal, I guess I’m going to wait, hopefully this week is 100% confirmed, I’ve already picked the venue, I know some of the staff so I’m in good hands.

Please let me this week get well and truly biblically pissed, as the Italians would say Arabederci

• The next Mike Williamson

May 27, 2019 at 5:53 PM

i think he can. all he needs is a few bottles of wine and a fireplace and we’re back to square one

• Munster Mag

May 27, 2019 at 5:57 PM

If this happens, can all the people who said Fats had No interest in selling please identify themselves!

• yogz69

May 27, 2019 at 6:49 PM

Been a very quiet day for our froggy friend