web analytics

An Update On The Acquisition Of Newcastle By Sheikh Khaled

The Sun updated their stunning story of yesterday late last night.

They had revealed yesterday that Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan was close to buying Newcastle for £350M and that terms had been agreed with Ashley.

Well worked takeovers happen quickly and that’s because the buying party is serious and has the money to acquire a football club for instance.

Since the Sheikh was unsuccessful in buying Liverpool last August for a whopping £2B – we assume he has the money to buy Newcastle for £350M and then invest in the club.

Sheikh Khaled – an honor to build on strong support, history, and tradition of the club.”

And indeed yesterday Midhat Kidwai, Managing Director of the Bin Zayed Group, that both sides are “working hard to complete the transaction at the earliest opportunity”.

The club says that there’s still a way to go but if the Sun report is accurate the deal should be able to be completed quite soon.

The Bin Zayed Group have now released a statement yesterday:

“We can confirm the representatives of his Highness Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan are in discussions with Mike Ashley and his team about the proposed acquisition of Newcastle United Football Club.

“We view it as an honor to have the opportunity to build on the strong support, history and tradition of the club.”

“We have agreed terms and are working hard to complete the transaction at the earliest opportunity.”

There are various stories out like the Premier League will not approve his Highness Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan as a “fit and proper person” to own Newcastle.

Well, they approved Mike Ashley who has turned out to be anything but a fit and proper person to own Newcastle.

He’s been a disaster.

The other news yesterday was that Rafa knew nothing about the takeover, but we find that hard to believe – but it’s a good story.

And finally that the Sheik may not want Rafa Benitez as the Newcastle manager.

Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan and his people are very good businessmen and they do their work thoroughly – they are talented people

They will know the fans just adore Rafa and the Sheikh did not appoint him as the manager it would be a huge mistake.

He doesn’t want to make any mistakes when he takes Newcastle over and we expect him to talk liberally about what his goals are for the club once he becomes the official owner.

This is exciting stuff!

• wartongeordie

May 28, 2019 at 8:00 AM

I am dreaming of having an owner with morals and values, am I still asleep.

• simon376

May 28, 2019 at 8:01 AM

Micky
    If it’s ok with you and happy to do it, would you get in touch with Ed at some point you can get in touch with me? Gavin has asked me to keep him updated for his next press interview, always do update him with anything I hear, but something as big as this I obviously only get of the press, if I can give him any more for his next bbc or sky interview, that would be brilliant thanks, but only if ok with you of course

• GS

May 28, 2019 at 8:03 AM

Despite what DubaiMicky said on a earlier thread I am still a bit confused as the Journalists are still all contradicting themselves. It is like Game of Thrones or the American South where I don’t know who’s half cousin or step brother is doing who and what the end game will be.

• Jib

May 28, 2019 at 8:04 AM

Mark Hughes actually lasted for18 months under the Mansours before being replace by Roberto Mancini

• sing in the corner

May 28, 2019 at 8:06 AM

Invaluable info from our blogman on the ground. Ha, we knew more than the hacks an hour ago this morning.
    Micky get ready for a stampede of journos trying to reach you mate!

I hold my hands up…got deliriously excited yesterday. Will I never learn!!?

Now my blood has returned to core temperature, the little imp on my shoulder is whispering. Please God our Sheikh is aware what tentacles / barbs Ashley may have wanted to leave embedded in the club for the price quoted..and as dealt with that already.

• martoon

May 28, 2019 at 8:13 AM

DubaiMicky – Thanks for all the explanations – it really has made things a lot clearer to me. The only thing I’m slightly confused over is the Man City owners claiming they are not related when according to you they are half brothers. Is there so much bad blood between them that they don’t acknowledge each other?

• bettyswallocks

May 28, 2019 at 8:19 AM

I’m 50-50 on this now obviously still hoping and praying. Micky Dubai seems a solid level headed guy and has delivered some much needed reassurance and sensible explanations to calm things down . However my main concern is that OLG has been conspicuously non – commital on all this, or maybe he’s just got the hump that it wasn’t him that broke the news.

• RobLeenio

May 28, 2019 at 8:20 AM

Cheers Micky I had a feeling you’d step up this morning to calm the nerves.

It was quite clear that there were two people being confused by different sources, what wasn’t clear was where the positive buying signs were coming from.

The last thing we want is to finally rid ourselves of the leech to find we’ve been bought by a tinpot wannabe with no ability to push us forward.

Sounds like this guy is anything but that. I’m officially excited once more.

• RobLeenio

May 28, 2019 at 8:22 AM

Martoon I think the statement over this guy not being related to the Mansours came from Liverpool, not from Citeh.

• bettyswallocks

May 28, 2019 at 8:25 AM

Jib…….. What is your gut instinct telling you?

• Grafton83

May 28, 2019 at 8:26 AM

Are we sure that the picture being used is actually the Sheikh. He certainly doesn’t look 60 something years old.

• DubaiMicky

May 28, 2019 at 8:34 AM

From previous.

Rafa says “I would say that we [as coaching staff] train better as we look for continuous progress”

On Bin Zayed’s website it says (under values)
    IMPROVEMENTS “Continuous improvement is everyone’s responsibility.”

They sound eerily the same.

simon376, No problem, I’ve just created this gmail account, so I have no problem with anyone contacting me however it’ll no doubt be spammed. sheikhmickydubai@gmail.com

• Mattroge

May 28, 2019 at 9:10 AM

Thank you very much Micky for the well written insightful information. You’d think the UK journalists would’ve at least reached out to someone across there for a bit of context. But no, all we get is people regurgitating information & then retreating to cover themselves in case it doesn’t work out.

• MassiveG

May 28, 2019 at 10:10 PM

The articles are interpreting “ not like Man City” to mean this sheikh has less money than Mansour – I’m reading it as plenty of money but we can’t but everyone as financial fair play was introduced since Man City’s initial spending