web analytics

Newcastle Reported Very Close To First Summer Signing

We reported yesterday on the Sun story that Loris Benito is in England to seal a possible free transfer to a Premier League club.

Benito has been linked with Newcastle several times recently.

And it seems he is indeed heading to Newcastle as the Sun reports that Newcastle seem to have won the race to sign the 27-year-old fullback who has played twice for Switzerland.

The report is that he has flown to London and they think he on his way to sign for Newcastle as a free agent.

Benito joined Yong Boys back in 2015 and since then he has made 84 appearances for the Swiss club with 2 goals and 11 assists: last season made 42 appearances with one goal and 6 assists.

Loris Beniio – waves goodbye to fans after helping Young Bys wint the Super League

So last season was by far his best and he helped BSC Young Boys win the Swiss Super League by a massive 20 points from FC Basel.

They won 29 of their 36 league games.

Benito is left-footed and plays at left back and he seems to be a very decent buy as a free agent.

He will challenge Paul Dummett for the left-back starting position at Newcastle.

If he is signing for Newcastle we should hear something in the next day or two as takes his medical at the club.

What do you think?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 28, 2019 at 8:31 AM

Surely if they are signing this player then it is one of Rafas – maybe had a word with Schar.
    And if it is one of Rafas then surely he must be staying

• sing in the corner

May 28, 2019 at 8:31 AM

I hope this player likes to keep a low profile. He could be one of the most unnoticed first signings of the summer ever given what’s gannin on round our gaff at the minute!

• simon376

May 28, 2019 at 8:35 AM

Thanks Micky

• bettyswallocks

May 28, 2019 at 8:37 AM

Ed……….. On the last thread in the headline you spelt Sheikh Khaled as Khaledd with a double D . Without wishing to sound pedantic I am just pointing out that this was on oversight on your part ( easily done) so as not to add to the confusion should people start googling the mis spelt version of Sheikh Khaled.

• IrishMagpie

May 28, 2019 at 8:41 AM

How would we be signing a player when we don’t know who the manager or owners are going to be at the start of the season or even how much money is going to be available to spend.

Why sign someone like this (that might be good enough under the current limited budget) when you could potentially afford someone a lot better in a few weeks time. Or why allow a manager to sign someone when they might be gone shortly and any new manager might not rate the player.

I won’t believe any transfer speculation until the take over and manager issues are fully sorted.

• The Sheikh'sMate

May 28, 2019 at 8:44 AM

The part of the takeover news I enjoyed reading about was that the potential new owners are looking to invest in the city as well as the club
    Sounds as if they’re thinking long, long term…cool

• JP...from The Rock

May 28, 2019 at 8:45 AM

Dubaimicky- thanks for clearing all that up mate it was mega confusing.

My gut instinct tells me this time it’s for real and we can finally dream.

Rafa is even selling himself to his new boss with his latest interview in Mundo Deportivo. Obviously worried that the Sheik may prefer another manager.

I honestly think the hold up now is the FA sorting all the paper work and seeing that the new would be boss is fit for the job.

I think once it is official he will immediately keep Rafa as our manager and offer him a hefty transfer budget.

Even Fat Ash confirmed that the statement from The Bin Zayed Group is accurate, and in that statement it clearly said that both parties “have agreed terms”. That part is crucial info as Ashley never agreed any terms before in other takeover attempts.

Even if other parties are interested in taking over Newcastle I doubt Ashley will budge from dealing with a mega rich Sheik, but you never know with that twat I guess.

Even though I am fairly confident this will go ahead and we can start debating on who our next quality signing should be.

Happy Days ahead for the Toon at last!

• Jib

May 28, 2019 at 8:47 AM

Betty my gut feeling is the Arabs are not the only players on the field
    I think there is another buyer out there playing their cards very close
    to their chest

• GS

May 28, 2019 at 8:48 AM

All of these middle eastern royal family names are very confusing so I am not surprised that Chris Waugh cannot keep track. Just wait until Ruben Loftus-Cheek’s daughter marries James Ward-Prpwse’s son and we will really get Lee Ryder in a tizzy with their offspring:

Sophie Loftus-Cheek-Ward-Prowse.

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

May 28, 2019 at 8:48 AM

Is there a ST deadline looming / Are sales slow

Surely even FatAsh wouldn’t expect the same old ruse to work yet again……..

• JP...from The Rock

May 28, 2019 at 8:49 AM

Speaking of signings I might as well get this started if / when we get taken over, I think we should go for;

Rondon
    Fraser
    Joellington
    Pepe or Gelson Martins
    And a LB / RB.

Couldn’t help myself haha

• DubaiMicky

May 28, 2019 at 8:51 AM

Quick word of caution re timescales, we have a weeks holiday from Friday, we go back to work the following Sunday, so 9 days in total. I would hope it can be agreed prior to Thursday close.

• GS

May 28, 2019 at 8:54 AM

Jib: you are back. I think Ed put me on a watch list for talking to you but I am OK now he says. I didn’t think you minded at all. But whatever, I am done with any wind ups and want to see what happens now with any takeover.

• DubaiMicky

May 28, 2019 at 8:56 AM

Bambams, Rob – postman’s just delivered a letter.

• GS

May 28, 2019 at 8:59 AM

DubaiMicky: if the documents have been submitted in the UK then it will be them doing the due diligence? Hopefully better at it that the papers? Judging by the fact that Stewart Donald was allowed to buy the Mackems I would seriously doubt that the FA/League know what they are doing anyway.

• NezzaNUFC

May 28, 2019 at 9:00 AM

Shouldn’t there be a transfer bargo whilst a club is being taking over?

Same with Perez, no incoming and outgoings unless its changed and only outgoings are allowed, but then who gets the £? Surely losing a player worth as much as Perez comes of the sales of assets?

So many questions.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 28, 2019 at 9:00 AM

Dubai
    My son heard a whisper yesterday that they wanted things sewn up by Friday
    Don’t know if anything in it tho

• Bambams

May 28, 2019 at 9:02 AM

Micky

Cheers mate, I have replied.

Have a great day you lot AND ignore the bloody doom mongers !

In Micky we trust, eh

😉

• Munster Mag

May 28, 2019 at 9:35 AM

Bambams absolutely. Hopefully all the guys who have been negative about Ashley not wanting to sell, because of advertising revenue etc can shut up for good now, especially the Frog.