web analytics

Exclusive – Rafa Wants To Sign Long-Term Talented Target This Summer

We’ve noticed that when Rafa rates a player, he keeps going after them until he can sign them.

The first time Rafa wanted to sign Irish International James McCarthy of Everton was way back in January of 2017 when Rafa wanted to buy the recently departed Andros Townsend and James McCarthy.

But Mike Ashley refused to sanction any deal thinking the squad was good enough to be promoted the following May.

He was right, but this is the way Ashley has run the club – spending the least amount of money possible while trying to keep Newcastle as a Premier League club.

It hasn’t worked for 12 years, but he still keeps doing it and proving he should not be the owner of a Premier League club.

Since then the 28-year-old Glaswegian suffered a broken leg on January 20 in an attempt to block a shot on goal by Salomon Rondon.

Newcastle want Everton’s James McCarthy this summer

It resulted in the striker accidentally breaking McCarthy’s leg.

The 41 times capped Republic of Ireland International was ruled out for the rest of the 2017–2018 season and Rondon was in deep distress on the field.

According to an exclusive in TEAMtalk today Rafa wants to sign James this summer.

McCarthy is now back to full fitness after an injury-ridden time at Everton but Rafa is good with players that seem to get injuries, and we may be able to get the very talented McCarthy for a decent fee.

And James will have something to prove at Newcastle, so that’s always good – Rafa will help him do just that.

McCarthy wants to leave Everton, with manager Marco Silva not having James in his plans for the Goodison Park club.

In fact, McCarthy has hardly played over the last two seasons for the Toffees (7 times in all and only once last season) so it’s a bit of a risk.

But McCarthy has always been an accomplished player ever since he came into the Premier League with Wigan back in 2009.

If Ashley is still the owner, it may be difficult for Rafa to persuade him to pay maybe £15M (it could be less than that) for a player who turns 30 in September.

If we have new owners, then it’s likely they will trust Rafa’s judgment on transfer targets this summer.

What do you think?

• GS

May 29, 2019 at 4:26 PM

Even Jib is backing me up!

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 4:26 PM

Ibiza

I also thought about that today.

If the BZG own us then what a way for future and current clients of theirs to grease their palms by advertising at SJP or sponsoring their team.

Could be some decent money rolling in.

• Ibizatoon

May 29, 2019 at 4:27 PM

GS…And since you pointed that out, others on the blog have pointed out that they find you continuing to point it out is also strange. Very strange if you like.

What would you like to do, have a poll on who finds it odd? Then what, a petition to have him removed? Or do we accept it’s harmless humour, not to your taste and move on?

I think you get that though and probably just find these subsequent conversations entertaining. If that is the case, then enjoy, we all have strangeness in us, that’s cool.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 29, 2019 at 4:28 PM

Be amazing if Rafa gets his first choice players

Does anyone think we will stick with 3 at the back then? We played the best football to watch under Rafa and possibly the most effective in the formation!

Upgrade the wing backs , midfield and get some quality on the bench that can change a game as that has been the difference in games we have lost against the top 6 last season

• Swlabr

May 29, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Rob, would I be taken the wrong way if I said I can feel good things swelling up for the first time in 12 years!!

• hibbit

May 29, 2019 at 4:29 PM

GS
    that’s how it looks from here the kids not even on and your still spouting your crap, trying desperately hard to disrupt and change the mood only a mackem would want to do that on a day like today

• geordietom

May 29, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Lee Ryder
    ?
    @lee_ryder
    · 3h
    Midhat Kidwai: “Terms have been agreed between us and Mike Ashley; these terms have been reflected in a document, signed by both parties, which has been forwarded to the Premier League.” #nufc

there that might stop the worrier’s PREMIER LEAGUE … not to the FA … so hayak allah …

• ben.g

May 29, 2019 at 4:32 PM

Anyone coming on trolling wants attention.

The sure get it get it here

• Ibizatoon

May 29, 2019 at 4:32 PM

OP…Indeed. This also raises the question of the stadium name…what’s everyone’s thoughts on that?

Honestly, I’d be more than happy with an owner who lets the manager manage and spend the clubs money and just tries to get the best commercial income for the clubs benefit. Anything over that is a bonus as far as I am concerned. Just interested, given the history of Ashley, how fans would feel about some of the problems of the past resurfacing, if for actual footballing reasons and not just the benefit of SD?

• Jail for Ashley

May 29, 2019 at 4:32 PM

I bet Munster can’t wait to get the boot in to any of Rafa’s signings that don’t work out, “can’t blame Churnley now”, “well that’s who he asked for,” “new owners won’t put up with that” Look at the job Pep is doing!!!

• hibbit

May 29, 2019 at 4:32 PM

gs

that says it all jib backing you up

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Ibiza

Shiek James Park is fine by me!

• RobLeenio

May 29, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Swlabr, I’m not sure there even is a right way to take that

😉

I’m pleased you’re excited, matey
    😳

• Bambams

May 29, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Finished that bloody decking job, knackered, haven’t caught up on the latest but then check my emails….

DubaiMicky

Cheers for that fella, I have replied !

Not much I can say

🙂

🙂

🙂

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 4:35 PM

Ibiza

If the money goes into the club in fine with whatever they want to do.

• Ibizatoon

May 29, 2019 at 4:35 PM

Jail…Come on man…at least let him commit the crime first.

It’s a happy time. Ryanair have announced they’re scheduling flights to OV….only joking…relax.

• Swlabr

May 29, 2019 at 4:35 PM

3 smiley faces from Bambams. That’s got to be good news!

• GS

May 29, 2019 at 4:35 PM

hibbit: quite funny that you think I care that Jib backs me up.

• Jail for Ashley

May 29, 2019 at 4:36 PM

I’ve said it before, I’d have happily had SD on the front of our shirts and the away kit in red, blue and white and a stadium named St James@ SD if Fatty was playing ball, but he wasn’t. If these new lot want to by pass FF by calling it St James Bin Zayed then fill their boots.

• GS

May 29, 2019 at 4:37 PM

I don’t care what you think either 🙂

• ben.g

May 29, 2019 at 4:37 PM

Guys if you have info and can’t say.

Don’t think coming on here and saying that is helpful to anybody desperate for any news.

• Ibizatoon

May 29, 2019 at 4:37 PM

OP…Fair enough. I think in the time Ashley has been here, football has changed so vastly, that perhaps traditions need updating to be able to stay competitive, although it does feel like selling your soul for success somewhat.

I’m not sure I need us to be a Man City. I’m also not sure I’d give a cr@p if we did 🙂

• The next Mike Williamson

May 29, 2019 at 4:38 PM

Urban Dictionary: fong
    Verb. To hit in the head any amount of times with a wadded up paper ball covered with duct tape

• hibbit

May 29, 2019 at 4:39 PM

GS
    you pointed it out as if it was some kind of badge of honor

• ronaldo aarons

May 29, 2019 at 4:39 PM

Rob leenio
    Those LinkedIn comments were legit then. Caught up on what you said earlier but forgot.

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 4:39 PM

The reason no one can find Ashley for a statement is he’s out with Kenyon on the piss.

• The next Mike Williamson

May 29, 2019 at 4:39 PM

I wish someone would give GS a good fonging

• ronaldo aarons

May 29, 2019 at 4:41 PM

What odds on fit and proper test fails and ironically say Ashley is to remain.

Not done till it’s done. I will keep excitement bottled up for now.

Though I am guessing everyone will be celebrating eid then along with our new owners if all this is tied up in time.

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 4:41 PM

Ibiza

Lots of stadium names change even if they haven’t moved, probably not as old as ours but as long as we play in black n white and are called Newcastle United Football Club everything else I can live with.

• KevinHann

May 29, 2019 at 4:41 PM

Guys, as a complete outsider from all the intricacies of blog posters relations, alter egos, camps, etc… I find it extremely odd that during these exciting times half the posts and increasing are around some feud with someone repetitively bashing someone else and others pitching in with their view on the matter.

Is this really the major topic right now?

I’m not sure what the blog policy about that is, but a healthy environment kind of requires ignoring and possibly removing anyone repetitively harassing a fellow poster. Because honestly what good can come out of it, other than degrading the entire conversation to a flame war?

I’m personally extremely annoyed to read through dozens of comments that contribute nothing and convey nothing else but a consistent personal attack. Especially when I am deeply interested in what fellow fans’ thoughts on the events and snippets of info regularly posted so I can’t really just ignore the comments section.

Please be done with this feud or if not, please if there is a person watching over the comments and governing for major violations, take measures. This has long gone overboard.

• ronaldo aarons

May 29, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Mike Ashley still on his Easter holiday.

• G

May 29, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Been quite an educational week. Learned a lot about Arabic business, and also that fonging does not involve impractical undercrackers and a wedgie

• toon22

May 29, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Still no answer JIB

• GS

May 29, 2019 at 4:43 PM

whatever that means and I am sure G2 will be on here later to tell me. Fong. FFS.

• GeordieTwo

May 29, 2019 at 4:43 PM

I’m back GS! I see you’ve been busy. What’s on for today then? More of the same? You certainly seem to have yourself worked into quite a lather over nothing. The blog is for everyone though so carry on.

• Bambams

May 29, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Ben.g

Apologies fella, I did not mean it in that way.

I have not been on the blog all day and maybe a little over the top.

• GeordieTwo

May 29, 2019 at 4:46 PM

All the recent news again seems fairly vague. Are the funds available to Ashley’s satisfaction yet? I can’t really tell from what I’ve read so far. How long does this process usually take? I wish I knew more.

• GS

May 29, 2019 at 4:46 PM

Fong, harupmph.

yeah right!

It is me who is the idiot and not the Canadian.

1 3 4 5 6 7 9