web analytics

Rafa Wants To Sign 21-Year-Old Brazilian For Between £17.5M – £21M

There were reports this past January that Newcastle were in negotiations for Juventus left-back Rogerio Oliveira da Silva, known simply as Rogerio.

There is a report in the newspaper Tuttosport that Newcastle are after the Brazilian again this summer.

Rafa after Juventus left-back Rogerio

The outlet Sportwitness has a screenshot of the actual newspaper report today which we have reproduced below.

The 21-year-old joined Sassuolo for €1.5M from Brazilian club Sport Club Internacional in the 2016 winter window.

Juventus then purchased the player that summer for €2M and loaned him back to Sassuolo for the past two seasons.

Rogerio broke into the first team at Sassuolo in February 2018 and has been a regular starter ever since. He has made 49 appearances for Sassuolo with 42 of those in the starting eleven.

While generally a left-back, he has played as a left-sided midfielder this season as well.

Now that Rogerio’s loan spell is over, he is back at Juventus but well down in the pecking order.

With Alex Sandro and Leonardo Spinazzola in their prime and ahead of him at the left back position, Juventus may be willing to cash in on the youngster.

The report claims the fee would be in the €20- €25M range.

This is an exciting young player who would fit well in Newcastle’s system at left wing-back if these reports are accurate.

• ronaldo aarons

May 29, 2019 at 7:23 PM

Pennies! Sign him up!

Forget it man, just sign juventus!

• Shoulders knees

May 29, 2019 at 7:24 PM

Hmmm

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 29, 2019 at 7:24 PM

Jib
    Sorry but I have to scuttle off again but before I go, Kippers!

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 7:25 PM

Its exciting to be getting excited about transfer windows.

I feel all giddy

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 29, 2019 at 7:27 PM

jamesdy

Me to, but I don’t think he’s going to leave Chelsea anytime soon, integral part of their set up now.

Anyway, got to go, later.

• DaveD1000

May 29, 2019 at 7:27 PM

FML what a name…Rogerio

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 29, 2019 at 7:29 PM

With Dummett on the books, and the potential new lad from the Swiss League as cover at leftback, why are we still being linked to new leftbacks? Is the thought that Dummett will shift to centreback? I think we have priorities elsewhere considering how many central midfielders are potentially leaving and the fact we needs a 20+ goal striker to beef up our attack.

• ronaldo aarons

May 29, 2019 at 7:31 PM

Chancel
    Just paper gossip. Doesn’t mean it’s genuine.

Expect crazy number of links. We loads when we were not spending, now however…

• jazzyp

May 29, 2019 at 7:31 PM

OP

Ya confident that this is the real deal then mate..Ashley has left the building??

• Genjikai

May 29, 2019 at 7:33 PM

Jazzyp i reckon this is legit me like.

• Jamseyd24

May 29, 2019 at 7:34 PM

do we really think Dummett is good enough for a top 6 prem team??

• Jamseyd24

May 29, 2019 at 7:35 PM

whats the crack with the Dutch boy Williams???

• jazzyp

May 29, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Genjikai

Mate I would for it to all come to fruition and let myself get swallowed up in the news that we are being taken over by a very wealthy guy. At the same time I need to hear from Nufc for some confirmation first.
    There is still nothing concrete from any party..just hearsay..Nobody has a clue what the hell is happening

• JDdubai

May 29, 2019 at 7:39 PM

Ok lets have a kets moment…..

Rondon and another CF..maybe Almiron’s old mate from Atlanta?
    Cm – need a few, Maia to replace Hayden(wonder if he is having second thoughts now we are being taken over and about to go nuclear..?) Maia and Longstaff in CM would be a goodplace to start in august with others in reserve.
    RB/wingback a must. Actually need 2 and get rid of the others.
    Would take another Almiron type no10, Perez should be a backup for our first 11 ideally.

Think CBs are the last area we need to address, obvs if a top class one is available then fine but schar and Dummett either side of either Lascelles or Lejeune isnt too bad to begin with.

• RobLeenio

May 29, 2019 at 7:39 PM

Jamesyd I think you’re getting a little ahead of yourself.

Rafa won’t just break up the team he had in place. He’s always said it’s about incremental improvement and maintaining the integrity of the team spirit.

He’ll not be spending ridiculous amounts of money and I’m not sure I’d want him to.

Top eight next season, pushing for Europe. Top six the following season pushing for champs league. Once there, the best players will come to us.

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 7:41 PM

Jazzy

After today’s statement, its pretty much in the hands of the Premiership as far as I can tell, done deal once approved.

I’ve just been trying to see what he’s actually worth, in the Forbes rich Royals he’s 5th with $15bn and Mansour isn’t even in the top 10. Think its personal wealth, his conglomerate looks the business into everything.

There whole philosophy is about getting better and doing your best.

It’s the greatest con since religion if it isn’t real.

• Diddly

May 29, 2019 at 7:41 PM

I’m still half empty. No proof either way. There a void filled by media and Twitter. Still remain sceptical til it’s announced. Hope micky us correct mind.

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 7:43 PM

Their

• JDdubai

May 29, 2019 at 7:43 PM

In fact id be looking at the young english players coming through, the alternative Sancho’s and Foden’s and follow,Leicester’s approach by bringing in good young english players as well as the occassional quality foreigner.

Reiss Nelson?
    Id love Wan Bissaka but think he will go to Man U or somewhere..

• RobLeenio

May 29, 2019 at 7:44 PM

Jazzy it’s not hearsay mate it’s straight from the mouth of the MD of the buyer.

I know we don’t know him from Adam but if he was caught out in a lie of that magnitude his life would be over and his boss the sheikh could never live down the humiliation.

Silence from NUFC is all the confirmation we need. Why would they not deny it if it was fake?

• All Aboot Toon

May 29, 2019 at 7:46 PM

And again Rob, I’m not stalking you…..Honest.

• RobLeenio

May 29, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Genjikai I spotted your post earlier mate. You did claim a sale today last night. canny prediction that like.
    😉

• Genjikai

May 29, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Not think the silence from ashleys part is because hes not the owner of nufc no more so its not his decision to make?

• geordietom

May 29, 2019 at 7:48 PM

i think we will get some confirmation off Ashley in the next couple of days …

but thats just my thoughts …

cant see it being lies ROB agree with you on that mate …

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 7:49 PM

Thetes probably no one at the club, moth balled since last day of the season.

Theres a phone ringing in a box somewhere in SJP

• geordietom

May 29, 2019 at 7:51 PM

i’m off to watch the europa league final …

be good play nice now …

• Genjikai

May 29, 2019 at 7:51 PM

Rob i only report what i can trust is true.

• DubaiMicky

May 29, 2019 at 7:52 PM

So amidst all the euphoria I thought I’d share with you a small anecdote about my life in Dubai.

Sadly I’m a sufferer of carpal tunnel (you may need to Google that), but I was thrilled to read on a business card intricately placed on my car window that you can get ‘hand relief’ at a massage parlour in Tecom for as little as AED100 (£23).
    Sadly however, I was rather shocked when the young lady who attended my needs gave me a w@nk!
    Don’t get me wrong, it felt good but did little to improve the circulation in my hand.
    False advertising is everywhere so it seems.

• jazzyp

May 29, 2019 at 7:53 PM

Robleenio

Evening mate

As I said mate I would love nothing more than tomorrow everything is confirmed by all parties.For me personally Ashley has destroyed any trust I have in the club,And until he has officially gone I just cannot let myself be duped again as with Stavely or Kenyon

• RobLeenio

May 29, 2019 at 7:53 PM

*checks over his shoulder to see if All aboot Toon is there.

Ronaldo you could be on to something there. Juve as our feeder club. They already play in the black and white so it’s only natural really.

We’ll let Notts County play the odd match at their place, should help the finances no end.

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 7:55 PM

The feeling I get is it’s very close, BZG have came out to calm the nerves of the fans.

They know all about the animosity of the fans towards Ashley and have moved quickly to be open and honest.

The way the statements are worded it suggests it’s at the Fit and proper stage atm, how far along is anyones guess.

Unless the BZG are misleading everyone the sale is happening.

• Mag :P

May 29, 2019 at 7:57 PM

All eyes on Friday it seems.

Could be the last we hear of Ashley.

• Throckley Gadjee

May 29, 2019 at 7:58 PM

DubaiMicky, a bit risque you naughty boy. 😉

• RobLeenio

May 29, 2019 at 7:58 PM

Jazzy I know how you feel but at this point I think it’s out of Ashley’s hands and in the hands of the lawyers. I guess he could refuse to sign the papers or claim squatters rights but he would lose any respect he has by doing it.

I reckon he’s gone and I think Rafa has known it for some time.

Remember when he disappeared in march and April? I think we now know where he was.

• jazzyp

May 29, 2019 at 8:03 PM

Robleenio

Yeah I agree with everything you say pal, Its one of those trying to not let ya heart rule ones head.It would explain a lot regarding Rafa benitez contract situation because there is no way he doesn’t know. The question is what has he been promised??

• jazzyp

May 29, 2019 at 8:05 PM

OP

If the takeover happens you up for the first home match of the season meet up with Shirebrook and I??

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 8:06 PM

Jazzy

Definitely mate, wouldn’t miss M’bappe debut for a canny bag a tudor

• DubaiMicky

May 29, 2019 at 8:07 PM

So a quick timeline of events.

Due Diligence Feb ’19
    Proof of funds April ’19
    Deal signed end of April ’19
    Details sent to Premier League May ’19
    Someone at PL let the cat out of the bag to the Sun Friday 24th May
    Sun printed it Sunday 26th
    BZG were put in a position, they had to say something, Monday 27th May
    Confirmation of transaction (you recall I said they were in the transaction, ie paying the money) stage Tuesday 28th May
    Deal wrapped up (after Premier League have agreed it) today.
    Announcement of new owner Tomorrow or Friday.

I don’t think anyone at the “old” NUFC will comment again and the deal will just go through and ashLIE will slink away into the background with his cohorts.

Does that sound about right?

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 8:08 PM

If Rafa has known a while his poker face is world class.

• Optimistic Oryx

May 29, 2019 at 8:10 PM

Mickey

I was thinking something similar just not sure when it will go through, I’m happy with tomorrow though

🙂