web analytics

This Player Will Likely Not Be Signed If Acquisition Is Successful

Rafa Benitez tried to sign Huddersfield midfielder Aaron Mooy when he was still at Manchester City back in 2016 – so we think Rafa does rate the Australia International playmaker.

And with Jonjo Shelvey, Isaac Hayden and Mo Diame likely to leave the club the manager will need to bring in some reinforcements in central midfield.

The World Game in Australia is reporting that Newcastle are interested in buying the 39 times capped Australian International.

Huddersfield was relegated last season, but that didn’t stop Mooy from having a decent season and proving he can play in the Premier League.

Aaron Mooy scoring the only goal in win over Newcastle at John Smith’s Stadium
20th August 2017

He played 30 times for the Terriers last season with 3 goals and one assist.

He is is a creative player, and we need more of that creativity at Newcastle.

The fee on Mooy is around £15M, and Rafa may be tempted to pick up the 28-year-old for that amount.

The only question we have is if this player is good enough for what’s expected to be an improved Newcastle team in the Premier League.

It’s inevitable that Mooy will leave Huddersfield who cannot afford him in the Championship.

Wolves are another PL club interested in buying the player.

If Newcastle are taken over by Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan, it’s likely that Rafa will go after better and more expensive players.

It’s been reported in the Chronicle that Rafa has two lists of transfer targets.

One if Ashley stays on as owner and another if the club is sold to a much more ambitious owner willing to spend some money to support the manager.

We hope we go after the players on the second list.

What do you think?

• GS

May 29, 2019 at 9:37 AM

It is difficult to keep up with Ed’s output. Does the man ever sleep?

• ctommo

May 29, 2019 at 9:39 AM

Aaron Mooy is definitely a realistic one for us, new owners or not. I’d see him as an upgrade on what we have right now.

• Binney

May 29, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Another reason why they could be playing down Sheikh Mansour/Khaled link would be that every club we potentially try and sign from would just up their price on all there players. If they knew they have similar finances a £20,000000 player has just turned into a £40,000000

• Lovem or Hatem

May 29, 2019 at 9:41 AM

If other groups are still in the race to purchase NUFC, I think it will be who can provide proof of funds first will win the race.

• martoon

May 29, 2019 at 9:42 AM

I heard a clip of Lee Ryder moaning that nufc should make a statement so we all know what is going on. Then I suddenly thought – “Lee is that not your job as a reporter to go and find out these things and not simply be spoon-fed information by the club?”

• JAMSHA

May 29, 2019 at 9:43 AM

i would get him if we sell shelvy

• Toonbean

May 29, 2019 at 9:44 AM

Sports Direct pushing cheap Spurs tat on email… must be a done deal

• Optimistic Panda

May 29, 2019 at 9:50 AM

The sauces are at it again, fruity this time too.

Except from the Bin Zayed Statement and the clubs Accurate, the press know sweet FA.

I didn’t think much would change over night and not as many posts as I expected, Friday is more likely for some news. Entertaining the masses over the weekend.

• GS

May 29, 2019 at 9:53 AM

OP: Friday? The National papers will be filled with Scousers in Madrid trying to outdo the Mackems in fountains.

• Lovem or Hatem

May 29, 2019 at 9:54 AM

I thought the other interesting report that has been around over the last 24 hours was the transfer speculation around Wesley Moares. His agent / manager said he has been contacted by NUFC and the y are in pole position to buy Moares, if Rafa stays as manger of NUFC.

Why would NUFC be contacting the agent / manager of a player who would cost somewhere between £15-20mil?

• GS

May 29, 2019 at 9:56 AM

I was in Madrid a couple of years ago and I looked up the Hotel I stayed in just for a comparison. I looked it up a couple of days after the semi-final and a room I paid $150 for was $1,500. I think there will be a lot of Scousers sleeping on the streets or 25 to a room in an Airbnb.

• Lovem or Hatem

May 29, 2019 at 9:57 AM

@ OP

I really hope another statement from either NUFC or BinZayed is forthcoming in the next 24-48 hrs.

• Wayayman

May 29, 2019 at 9:57 AM

Morning lads and lasses.

Just a quick one; with the Bin Zayed Group, we’re dealing with very experienced businessmen here who have already made a positive statement and have also spoken to at least one NUFC fan that I know of – no doubt other journalists will be trying to get in touch too. That conversation was 100% positive by the way.

The key word in the statement is ‘transaction’. Not ‘bid’ or ‘negotiations’ but ‘transaction’ which implies that the deal is agreed and that they are waiting for the wheels to turn on the change of ownership.

• ctommo

May 29, 2019 at 9:57 AM

Friday is the day ive heard there will be a big announcement. DubaiMicky, not sure if you’ve heard similar or not.

Speaking to someone last night, (emirati). I heard that the FA has all proof of funds, due diligence is done and now its ironing out some minor details. It could be bullshit, but the guy I met is fairly well connected (Micky will know the name and his background for sure). He is certainly reputable and an established name in the area, but mainly in Abu Dhabi rather than directly with the Bin Zayed group in Dubai. I have no reason to doubt him, apart from the fact that we were 7 stellas in by the time the chat started . . . .

• stan anderson

May 29, 2019 at 10:03 AM

I buy 1 newspaper?? per week sause the wife likes the magazine that goes with it.

They are full of made up stories and copies of other made up stories.

As for the Sun they are proven to to do,(Hillsbourough).

They were the ones who broke the news of the takeover or fakeover?

Hope it all is true and not another of the Slugs lies to hide the Gaffa,s contract talks going badly.

One thing i know is even the news of a takeover brought a smile to my face from ear to ear,but the smile has gone now.

If this is proved another one of the evil Barstewards lies i hope his shop windows are well toughend glass.

AshLie OOT.

• Average_Contents

May 29, 2019 at 10:06 AM

Wayaman

Have the magpie group been in contact with the potential buyer or vice versa? Or is it just an impromptu random fan?

• Average_Contents

May 29, 2019 at 10:08 AM

*Wayayman

• GS

May 29, 2019 at 10:09 AM

We will be bottom of the Agenda this weekend for the Southern and Lancashire based press. If we are sold we will merit a mention between where Harry Kane gets his underwear and socks dry-cleaned and what songs Jurgen Klopp has on his iPad.

• DubaiMicky

May 29, 2019 at 10:12 AM

ctommo – sounds like a normal night out in Ramadan, drop me a mail on sheikhmickydubai@gmail.com and we can compare/contrast.

• GS

May 29, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Seriously, if we get a mention this weekend I will be shocked. It will be like New Years Eve where all the tabloids send their crack photographers to take pictures of drunk people. This time it will be Scousers in fountains rather than girls in mini-skirts vomiting on their friend’s shoes.

• RobLeenio

May 29, 2019 at 10:17 AM

AC, I would imagine that they have. Neil Mitchell, former Chair of NUST lives in Dubai and is involved with The Magpie Group, I believe.

It would seem sensible that he has been approached or has approached the BZ Group himself at some point.

This is the latest article from his ‘View from Dubai’ column in the Chronicle. Well worth a read.

• Shadow_Shearer

May 29, 2019 at 10:23 AM

My take on the latest takeover. We have been fed the exact same story two times already.

Last time he quoted the talks are at a more advanced stage than ever.
    Ppl who think this is going to happen are gullible. There is such a thing as to good to be true. I have to say I’m with the fog on this one!!!!!